Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty Eight

I was woken up the next day by a loud obnoxious knocking on the door! I looked at the clock and groaned. It was only eight in the morning and already Matt was trying to get us up to leave.

"COME ON! GET YOUR BIG BUTTS UP!" He yelled through the door at me and Johnny

"Why don't you just go back to sleep Matt?" I said to him, opening up the door.

"Everybody's outside waiting for you two." Matt said. "And Jimmy's asleep, so you might want to take this as your chance to start driving." he said.

"But I wanna sleep!" I whined.

"Come on Babe, let's just go, I'll drive and you can sleep." I nodded and grabbed my bag. Johnny grabbed his and we both left. Johnny went to check out and I went straight out to the car and laid down in the back seat while Jimmy was quietly sleeping in the front seat.

I laid there staring up at the ceiling of the car until I felt it start up and I slowly fell asleep.

JOHNNY'S POV

I sat there quietly driving down the road. But it was really obnoxiously quiet and I didn't like it.

"Okay, this is just too quiet..." I mumbled to myself.

"I can fix that!" Jimmy said waking up.

"Are you EVER actually asleep?" I asked him.

"I sleep with my ears open and my eyes closed!" Jimmy said.

"Did that make any sense to you even?" I asked him. He shook his head but laughed.

"It doesn't have to make sense, it is, in the end, whatever the hell I want it to be." He said.

"Very inspirational words Jimmy, now go back to sleep."

"I don't wanna. I wanna keep ole' Johnny boy company." He said to me, patting my back. I laughed as I tried so hard to keep my eyes on the road.

"You're not gonna sit here counting bottles again, are you?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No that was just to bother Maddie, secretly I was starting to annoy myself too..." He said quietly.

"You do know that I'm awake back here, right?" Maddie said from the back seat.

"Really now? Well then I think I'm gonna have to annoy my bestist friend ever!" He said happily.

"On second thought, I'm not awake..." She said and rolled over.

"Nope, too late for that...now what to sing...OH I KNOW!" He said. I laughed.

"Oh god, I know where this is going..." She said.

Jimmy took in a deep breath, "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves..."

"Oh god, not this stupid song." she said over him.

"Everybody's nerves...Everybody's nerves! I know A song that gets on everybody's nerves and this is how it goes! DUN DUN DUN!"

"Lord Kill me now." she said. I laughed a bit.

"I know a song that get's on everybody's nerves...COME ON, SING WITH ME MADDIE!" he said loudly. It was so hard to keep my eyes on the road with this and I was starting to crack up. "Everybody's nerves..EVERYBODY'S NERVES!! I know a song that get's on everybody's nerves and this is how it goes!" and stopped.

"Why'd you stop this time?" she asked.

"I was starting to get on my own nerves..." He said contently. he sat back in his chair and smiled.

"Okay, I'm going back to sleep." Maddie said.

"Oh thank you, you were starting to get annoying." I told her jokingly. I heard Jimmy laugh. She just groaned.

Jimmy turned around and looked at her smiling.

"Oh, really now, I'll save that for later then!" Jimmy said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"She gave me the finger." he said. "Actually, she probably gave both of us the finger."

"Oh well...it's just a finger." I said.

"If you guys don't shut up and let me sleep this finger is going into your eyes!" she said annoyed.

"Empty threats get you nowhere." I told her.

"Being retarded gets you nowhere." She said back.

"Oh, but you're wrong, being retarded get's me everywhere." I said to her. She didn't say anything back. I looked in the rear view mirror to see that she was finally asleep again.

"Well, that was fun..." Jimmy said.