Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Twenty Nine

"Maddie..." somebody said.

"Maddie...wake up!" the person now known to be Johnny said.

I mumbled a little and rolled over.

"Maddison get your fat ass up and out of the car!" Johnny yelled. I still didn't move.

I heard him say something to somebody else, but I didn't quite get what he actually said. Thinking that he finally was going to leave me alone, and curled up a little more and relaxed.

But then I started to smell something really bad. It wasn't so bad for a little while, but then it slowly and progressively got worse and worse until I just couldn't take it anymore. I got up and ran out and away from the car as fast as possible.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!?" I asked them. All of them were standing around in a little group laughing at me.

"Seriously, what was that?" I asked again after getting no answer. They held up a shoe. "Whose shoe is that?" I asked getting annoyed that they couldn't just give a direct answer. Everybody pointed to Brian.

"Oh eww, do you ever wash your feet?" He nodded his head. "Your socks?" I asked and he nodded again. "Then why do they smell so bad?" I asked nobody in particular.

Everybody pointed over to an old park bench "What about it?" I asked them.

"Look under the bench." Matt said. I looked under it and there was a skunk sleeping under it.

"Oh eww!" I said. "Brian has a skunk shoe!"

Only Jimmy laughed. "What's so funny about that dude?" Zacky asked him.

"OH MY GOD! HE SPEAKS!" Matt said. Zacky just made a face at him.

"What's funny is...I don't know, but try saying skunk shoe ten times fast!" Jimmy said excitedly.

Zacky tried it and failed miserably and within seconds everybody was trying to say it. About a minute and a half later everybody was over it and just back to sitting around. I kept smelling Brian's stinky shoe.

"Okay, can we seriously get rid of that thing?" I asked "Or like soak it in Axe?"

Brian laughed and pulled out a can of Axe from his bag and started to continuously spray the shoe. Three minutes later he stopped.

"The can finally ran out!" Brian said happily. "But now it smells bad from the Axe..." he said.

"I'd rather have the axe smell then the skunk smell." Johnny said.

"Nobody put an open flame near Brian's shoe," Jimmy said, "It might Blow up!" He said making an over dramatic BOOM noise afterwords.

Brian took off his other shoe and threw it towards jimmy, trying to hit him. Jimmy dodged it though and it landed right under the bench and the skunk definitely wasn't happy about it and I'm sure everybody can guess what it did.

"You have to be kidding me!" Brian whined. "Not the other shoe!" Everybody laughed.

"I don't know why you're all laughing," Matt said, "He's all out of axe, and now his other shoe smells, so we have to put up with it."

"Leave it to matt to burst some bubbles," Zacky said. "Aw damnit! I have to ride in a car with that!"

"Sucks for you Zack." I told him patting him on the back.

"Well you're still stuck with Jimmy!" He said defensively.

"That may be true, but Jimmy calms down after a little bit. But that skunk smell just keeps going and going and going. It's like the energizer bunny but only worse." I told him.

He thought about it for a second and frowned. "leave it to Matt's sister to burst even MORE bubbles." he said.

"Zacky, today just isn't your day is it?" Brian asked him.

"Oh shut up Brian. You're shoes smell!" He said.

"I'll take that as a yes." he said. "You're a bit moody today eh?"

"Just a little." He said happily.

"Or A LOT!" Matt said.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I haven't slept for three days straight, leave me alone." I smiled at him.

"So where are we anyways?" I asked nobody in particular.

"In the middle of nowhere." Johnny said.

"Then why did we stop?"

"Brian had to go..." Johnny said making a disgusted face. I laughed.