Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Thirty Two

"Hey maddie?" Brian asked coming down the hill.

"Yeah Bri?"

"We're allowed to start a fire right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, it's a camp site, you're allowed to build fires..." I told him.

"Good, because Matt wasn't sure, so I figured I'd ask you!" He said happily.

"Why wasn't Matt sure?" I asked him before he started to walk away.

"Oh, he thinks that there's some special place that you're supposed to start the fire." he said.

"Yeah, there is, you put the fire in the fire pit." I told him. He got a scared look on his face.

"ZACKY, JIMMY! PUT THE FIRE OUT!" He yelled up the hill and ran to help them. I just sighed. You could hear a few distant yells and such.

"FIRE'S OUT!" Matt yelled down the hill.

"Whose idea was it to go camping anyways?" I asked myself.

"Who do you think?" I heard Johnny say. I looked around but couldn't find him. I got a confused look on my face. "I'm up here," he said.

"Johnny, are you dead?" I asked looking up to the sky.

"No, I'm on top of the car." he said I looked up to see him smiling at me. I blushed a little.

"Oh...why are you up there?" I asked him.

"Because I figured it's safer up here, and from the looks of things...I was right." He said.

"Safer than what?" I asked him.

"Well I saw Zacky and Jimmy with matches, and I knew something good wasn't gonna come from it...and now they're burning down the camp site." he said.

"Nah, they got the fire out, and they're probably find the fire pit and move it to there." I told him. He just laughed and nodded.

"I hope they have marshmallows..." Johnny said trailing off.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because I like marshmallows, why else?" he asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well Matt went to the store earlier to buy some food, so I'm sure he bought marshmallows for you Johnny boy," I said patting his head, "And maybe if you're a good boy you'll get some." I told him smiling a bit.

"HEY! YOU GUYS, COME UP HERE NOW!!" Jimmy yelled, "OR I'M COOKING YOUR MARSHMALLOWS ON THIS HERE FIRE!" he yelled maniacally. Johnny ran as fast as he could up the hill.

"Hmm, you'd think he'd be happy about less work..." Selena said coming up behind me.

"not if you know Jimmy, he doesn't cook things for other people, he burns them...badly. But then he can make things perfectly for himself, it's rigged." I explained to her. She simply nodded.

"We better get going before Jimmy burns them all then." she said. I nodded and ran up the hill, with her casually walking behind me.

We all just sat around toasting the marshmallows. Well some people were, except for somebody...

"Zacky! You're supposed to toast them! Not BURN them!" Johnny yelled as he watched Zacky casually burn his marshmallows, time after time again.

"What's it matter to you?" he asked Johnny.

"If you're just gonna burn them, give them here, I'll eat them!" He yelled, trying to grab zacky's bag of Marshmallows.

"No, they're mine, I can burn them if I want to!"

"Fine, but why are you burning them anyways?" Johnny asked him.

"I just want to burn them..." he trailed off.

"Shouldn't you eat at least one of them?" he asked Zacky again. Zacky just shook his head.

"Heck no!"

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Because, I don't like marshmallows, they taste bad, I just want to burn something." he said with an accomplished look on his face. Johnny's jaw dropped and everybody else just laughed.

"Careful Johnny, you're letting flies in," Brian told him. Johnny closed his mouth and glared at Brian.

"Shut up," Johnny whined, "Don't make fun of me for liking marshmallows a little too much."

"We weren't, we were making fun of the look on your face." Matt said.

"Yeah, but why?" Jimmy said, "I mean he always has that same look on his face." Johnny just pouted. I patted his back and hugged him.

"So, where are we sleeping tonight?" Selena asked as it started to get dark. Everybody looked towards Matt, since he was normally the one to plan these things.

"I don't know, go sleep in your cars." Matt said. Everybody groaned.

"I'm sleeping in Brian's van," Zacky said, "Because there's no way I'm going back to the Skunk Mobile over there." He said holding his nose. I just rolled my eyes.

"You do that, I'll sleep in the trunk then, because I'm not sleeping in the Stinky car either," I said.

"What, so I have to sleep in there?" Brian said, "Can't I sleep in my own van?" he whined. Everybody shook their heads.

"No, your smell, your problem," Jimmy told him. Brian just sighed. Once almighty Jimmy made his decision, we all went off our separate ways.

Johnny and I decided to stay by the campfire for a little longer and just stared into the flames. It was relaxing until Zacky came back holding Brian's shoes.

Brian was running after him and Zacky ran to the other side of the fire.

"Zacky, don't do that!" Brian said.

"You can wear my shoes! But these things, are going in the fire!" Zacky said and tossed them in there with the numerous marshmallows that Zacky had burned.

"But you're shoes are ugly!" He said.

"Oh who cares, this trip will be over in a couple days and I'll buy you a new pair of shoes."

"Fine." Brian sighed.

"Good," Zacky said proudly and walked away.

"Meanie," Brian said following after him.