Tomato boy and his accomplices

Edgar | Tomato Boy

Edgar.
[Tomato boy]

Edgar is afraid.
Sometimes he's not really sure why. He wakes up in the morning and he feels in his gut, like a disgusting worm feeding of his insides, the fear inside him. And he lies there, sometimes only for a few seconds, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for almost an entire hour before the slimy worm of fear crawls it's way into his mouth with a taste of bile and stale vegetarian pizza. Then Edgar gulps down his fear and goes to work on Fat's farm, picking tomatoes. He calls it Fat's farm because, although he's worked there for over 5 years-ever since he left school in fact- he still doesn't remember the name of the man who owns it. But that guy is fat. Massive. A freaking land whale who waddles around all day, huffing and puffing and munching constantly on an oreo. The man fucking lived off oreos. And because he IS fat, his name is Fat. That makes sense, and the sense in Fat's name, and the steady reliability of Fat and his oreo's gave Edgar comfort.

Simple things give Edgar comfort. The smell of urine, both human and 'other' in his apartment - or at least the one he was currently squatting in-gave Edgar comfort, just because it was always there, it was always the same. Continuity gave Edgar comfort.
and The Fear Girl gave Edgar comfort.

She was almost as afraid as him.