Tomato boy and his accomplices

Edgar | Pins and Needles

Edgar
[Pins and Needles]

There was three of them. Perfect, shiny silver ones placed haphazardly on his pale bruised wrist. For some reason (perhaps the drugs?) Edgar believed the sleeping anorexic lady in the bed next to him had shoved then into his flesh and he glared at her as he tried to pull the first of them from his dilapidated wrist. It didn't budge. It bled a little, the blood seeping out from where shiny metal met inflamed skin. He tried the other two, but by the time had finished, all his hard work had produced was a bloody wrist, with three bloody pins sticking out of it. The sight made him feel sick, and apparently the girl next to him to for she was throwing up...or maybe, he though as a nurse ran to her aid, she was bulimic, not anorexic. The nurse turned and stared at his wrist then rolled her eyes heavenward. Contrary to most beliefs, not all nurses are pretty- this one certainly wasn't. She was tall and thin and looked horseish, (as in the kind of mean horse that bucks you off then kicks you in the head, leaving you permanently brain damaged) with dull brown hair whipped tightly into a bun.
"WHAT, do you think you’re doing boy?” she yelled, making Edgar jump and pull extra hard at the pin he was currently grasping. This time it budged a little, but stayed embedded and the blood flowed faster. The nurse left the retching girl and strode over to Edgar, snatching his arm with cruel cold fingers and inspected his wrist. Taking a cloth out of her pocket she began, not to gently, to wipe away the blood.
"You idiot, why did you try and pull then out?"
"I...I thought they weren't meant to be there...."
Your in a hospital boy, do you really think you'd have things sticking out of you for no reason?"
She looked up from his wrists, her grey eyes boring into his brown eyes making Edgar squirm with her scrutiny.
"DON'T do it again!" she snarled and straightened up the turned abruptly and grabbed the bucket of sick from the girl who was lying in her bed with her eyes closed and a deathly pallor on her face.
Edgar watched the nurse go then looked back at the girl. She looked almost dead.