Tomato boy and his accomplices

Smoking Buddies

Parakeet
[Needs a fix]

He yelled at her again.
And again and again and again. He knows it's not her and that he could kick her out any time. She'd go without a fuss, she'd probably just sit next to the fear girl downstairs. But she would come back eventually, or he'd ask her. He hated her so much, the way she was his perfect wasted reflection, her glassy eyes echoed what his unfocused mad ones had already seen too many times. And sometimes that can bind two people together as much as love.
when he got back from the Pit he would feel better, things would get better.

Juliet
[Smoking buddy}

She needs a smoke.
Soon, Now. She doesn’t want to ask Parakeet for one of his - he's in one of those moods. But he's going out tonight, to the Pit, his own little secret place where there’s always bodies crammed together at the front of the stage and a smoke cloud over the bar. Where you can find whatever it is you need to feel fulfilled or anything to empty yourself of stresses. Magic elixirs are sold, self-esteem in a bottle, wonders Juliet can't be bothered with anymore.

She's sure he died, why else would he not come back? She heard the screech and the crash. She was sure her smoking buddy was dead. So now, when Parakeet left, she would be left with no-one.

Mika
[Downstairs, Downcast]

She couldn't believe it.
The girl from upstairs - Edgar had slept with her sometimes, she knew- was sitting next to her, offering her a cigarette. Mika declined and stared straight ahead, wondering what was going on and not really caring what happened. Juliet spoke first.
"Do you think he's dead?"
Mika froze. She twisted her fingers together and rested all her weight against the wall.
"Yes."