Tomato boy and his accomplices

Mika | Fear Girl

Mika
[The Fear Girl]

Mika is afraid.
She always is, and she always screams it to anyone who'll cross her path. But they don't listen to her wailing, they don't want to listen, so they don't hear. Some days she's tempted to sit there and curl into a little ball, to rock back and forth in a beautifully monotony, so she never has to see their eyes again, blaming her for their ruined peace.
But no one was walking at this hour in the morning, except for a little ant wandering along the pavement. Mika watches him scamper about, through the maze of cracks and cigarette buts-she's sure it's a him. Too arrogant to stop and ask for directions, just hoping that his crazy, directionless path with cross a lost morsel of food.
The girl shivers and pulls her over sized jacket tighter around her birdlike frame. It's to cold, to cold for this time of year....She thinks, Surely-surely winter was just finished...surely...things couldn't have been moving so fast...it was only....what month was it? what YEAR was it? How could Christmas have come and gone without her? She glanced up at the grey sky fearfully. Morning or afternoon? Dusk or Dawn? Maybe it was even the middle of the day-just dark....no, it was to new for that...morning...it had to be morning.
She heard the old staircase on the outside of the abandoned estate groaning in resistance as the tomato boy walked down.

Off to work probably.
Morning then. Had to be.
She nodded to herself an hopelessly tried to burrow further back into the jacket again. She like the Tomato boy, who always brought her back a tomato at the end of the day. But she feared him too and only ever screamed at him. Shuddering she looked up at him as he walked past, clumsily pushing away strands of dirty blond-or maybe light brown- hair, that hung in front of her face. She stared at him desperately, sure that he would understand what her eyes meant to say. But he just walked straight past.