Tomato boy and his accomplices

Sonny | Dope Kid

Sonny
[Dope Kid]

He feels numb.
And a little bit puzzled. Reaching into the bin and pulling out the perfectly good pizza crust, he wonders why no one bothered to eat it. The poor thing probably felt rejected. After all, it was made out of the same dough, kneaded with the same hands and baked in the same oven as the rest of the pizza- There was just no animal parts, no icky green things, no sickly sauce or out of date cheese, hardly any calories whatsoever really. It was probably good for you.
He bit into the stale bread savoring the feeling of food reaching his stomach, feeling content for a few seconds- and then a scream tore through the frigid air waking him from his relaxed state. He whirled around and glared at the source of his disruption- It was her, the skank, screeching at the Tomato guy, [he could use a few stale pizza crusts himself] who was desperately trying to shut her up. He leant against the dumpster to watch the show, still chewing on someone else's forgotten meal.

A movement from the third floor caught his eye, and he glanced up to see someone with strange hair leaning out of the broken window, aiming something at the Tomato boy. The someone threw the something at Tomato boy with a casual flick of his hand.
Sonny watched, almost bored as the projectile-an old needle he saw- buried itself in Tomato boy's shoulder. For about two seconds the street was completely silent. The skank who always freaked out over nothing went silent when there was something. [Thats fucking whores for you] But then he screamed, louder than her, and higher pitched to. Wincing Sonny tried to block his ears, but from the upstairs window another voice joined in the symphony- and then the whore started yelling and crying, and then the someone with strange hair from upstairs started yelling at whatever it was screaming inside. The damn thing was fucking madness. Sonny shook his head and smiled to himself. This was definitively a good place to set up shop. The people here'd need a fix every day!

He stared at the two standing there- she jumped up and yanked the needle out of him. Sonny winced at her ferocity as he saw the damage it had done. The small pinhole in his shirt was the center of a spreading ring of blood, bright tomato red. He watched in surprise as she took off her over sized hoodie and tried to stop the bleeding, her screams momentarily silenced. But he can see her teeth chattering from across the street and the disappointment in her face as he hands it back after a few seconds- he has to go, he has to leave her there, he has work, he has a life outside all this.....Sonny almost covered his ears again, expecting another bloodcurdling scream as he turned away, but she just sank to the ground in a huddle again.

The someone with strange hair leant out of the broken window again, hurling insults down the street as he walked away and then screaming at her to keep her mouth shut, out he'd staple it shut.

She just sat there, closing her eyes to block out the dirty words and dirty street.