Star-crossed

One and only

I knew it was wrong. I knew I shouldn’t have asked him.
But I needed an answer. If not, this would be the death of me.

I clasped my sweaty hands together, looking down. - Couldn’t bare looking at him.
His reaction. It felt awful. It had to be done though. I just knew it.

I had noticed the small signs. Winks, smirks, glances.
And words in his sleep.
I had convinced myself to believe that it wasn’t what it sounded like. I must admit though, it was unmistakable. I almost convinced myself, surprisingly enough.

He didn’t answer. I recalled the scene in my head.

*Flashback*
We had been fighting. Again.
This time, Tom was angry at me. Well, perhaps not angry. Frustrated,
with me. He said I didn’t pay attention. That wasn’t the problem however.
He was mad at me for not talking to him about whatever it was that kept making me zone out.

I had ran out of the restaurant the whole band were eating at, after being confronted by Tom that he wanted to talk to me. All kinds of thoughts and spectaculations had ran through my head, confusing me. It had become too much. So I ran.

When Tom registered that, he ran after of course.
And now, he may wear huge pants, but he didn’t run slow with them.
He caught up with me, gripping me by the arm, making me turn around.
I had tried to shake him off me, but he wouldn’t let go.
Oldest brother, always the strongest. I cursed inside my head.

Rain. Typical, just typical. It was dark outside as well.
I suddenly got a new rush of desperation, fighting against my twin.
He shoved me up against the wall, in a way that if the circumstances had been
a bit different, would’ve been quite a turn on, but at the moment I was at the verge
of crying.

”You’re going to tell me right now what the fuck is up with you!”
Tom demanded. His voice did however also have some.. Confusion? In it.
It was pretty much heartbreaking. But I did decide to tell him, since he wanted to know.

He asked for it.

Taking a deep breath to get some courage before parting my lips to speak.

”I.. Oh fuck it. I love you, okay?!”

I didn’t dare to look at his face, but I could hear him.
This may sound very strange, but I could feel his heart knock faster a few times before going down to normal rate again. To be honest, I was scared to the point of getting dizzy because he didn’t answer.
I think we stood like that for a pretty long time.
Okay, it was probably just one of those cliché’s where it feels like the longest time
but really are just a few minutes. Still though.
*End of flashback*

His finger had moved to suddenly rest under my chin, pushing my head so that I was forced to look at his face. I knew it wasn’t the rain that was pouring down that was running down from his eyes.

”I love you too, you know”.

And with that, he leaned in closer, capturing his lips with mine.
There they were. The fireworks and sparkling you hear about in movies,
and read about in books. It felt surreal. The amazing thing, is that it was true. Not surreal.

We both ended up smiling into the kiss, hands finding their way into each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? :)