Woodstock

Mon Ami

“Ami!” Taylor screams as she looks me over, “we have to get you to the medics.” I grab one more chunk of mud and throw it forward, “C’mon Ami!” she pulls on my arm and practically drags me away.

We trudge across the field towards the building about a mile away. A helicopter flies overhead.

“I still want to see Nine Inch Nails.” I protest.

“Ami, your head is gushing blood.”

“But it doesn’t hurt.” I say simply, but Taylor just rolls her eyes.

We continue up the hill towards the building, slipping in the mud, but we’re already covered in it so it doesn’t matter. We finally get to the building and we go inside to find at least ten other mud covered people bleeding from various parts of their body. A girl, maybe sixteen hands comes up to us with a clip board.

“Full name please?”

“Ami-Defleur Woodstock Jones.” I say, she looks up me and cocks an eyebrow, “I’m serious.”

“Okay,” she sighs, “How’s it spelt?”

“A-M-I dash D-E-F-L-E-U-R, I hope you know how to spell Woodstock and Jones.” I mutter, she nods and tells me to take a seat.

I look across the waiting room to see two guys sitting nervously, occasionally saying a single phrase to one another. I realize they were the band playing before Primus, two of the members anyway.

“Hey, aren’t you guys in the band that was playing before.”

“Yeah.” One of them nods.

“You guys badly hurt?” I ask trying to make conversation because Taylor went off to talk to someone about something probably about my head gushing blood.

“Not us, our bassist got it bad though.” The other says, “the bouncer threw him on an amp, he broke his teeth and shit.”

“I see you got it bad though.” The first one says motioning towards my forehead.

“It looks worse than it feels; I didn’t even know I was bleeding till my friend started freaking out.” I say rolling my eyes, “My name’s Ami by the way.”

“Billie.” The second one says, he reaches over and shakes my hand, “Nice to meet you Amy.”

“Aaammm-eee,” I correct, “Not Amy.”

“Hi Aaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.” The first one says laughing, “I’m Tre Cool.” He smirks, “its French for very cool.”

“Haha French too.” I laugh, “My full name’s Ami-Defleur. It’s French for Flower Friend.”

“Flower Friend?” Tre Cool snickers, “Were your parents hippies?”

“Yeah, actually they were.” I say smirking, “I was born at the first Woodstock and my name is Ami-Defleur Woodstock Jones, I don’t think it gets any hipper than that.”

“Holy shit, you were born at Woodstock!” Billie exclaims.

“Yup, August 18th 1969.”

“But how?” Billie asks bewildered.

“Well let’s see,” I sigh, “My psycho mother went against the doctor’s orders and went to Woodstock, nine months along and her and her companions set up a tent to plop me out in.”

“Lovely.” Tre Cool says sarcastically, “Do you know who’s set was it when you were born?”

“Jimmy Hendrix.”

“Sweet!” Billie exclaims a little too loud.

“So did you like us?” Tre Cool asks.

“Yeah, you guys are alright,” I say shrugging, “But I came to see Nine Inch Nails, and I swear I’ll kill my friend Taylor for dragging me to here for my head if I miss them.”

“Hardcore.” Billie snickers, “How unhippy like.”

“Hey, my parents were the hippies.” I say in my defense.

Someone carries in another person through the door.

“She got trampled,” he exclaims to the sixteen year old.

“Umm okay, come in right away.” She says scared out of her wits, pointing to one of the doors.

“That looked pretty nasty.” I say biting my lower lip.

“Yeah, they already sent two people by helicopter to a hospital.” Billie informs. Tre Cool starts drawing on his leg with his finger, wiping mud away to make a picture of a penis.

“Ami-Defleur Woodstock Jones.” The sixteen year old calls.

“That’s me.” I say getting up, “See ya around.”

“Bye.” Billie and Tre Cool chant.

I get up and as i head into the medics room i hear one of te Nin Inch Nails riffs.
"Ahh fuck." I grumble as I take a seat on a white table as a medic comes up to me with a sewtring kit. She doesn't say a word as she cleans my wound and stitches me up. As soon as I'm done I run out the door, through the waiting room, outside. To my dissappoint its no Nine Inch Nails playing anymore.

I trudge back into the building to find Taylor. I see Billlie and Tre Cool looking into a third guy's mouth.
"Nasty Man," Billie mumbles, "But, I''m sure they can fix it."
"Oh! Ami!" Tre says spotting me, "Where are you headed?"
"I missed Nine Inch Nails, so I'm going to kill Taylor."
"Well," he says stepping closer, "To make it easier on you, they're playing a concert in New York tomorrow, I can score you and Taylor some tickets if you want."
"Seriously?" I ask excitedly.
"Yeah." he says nodding.
"That would be awesome."
"Cool, where are you staying?"
"Uhh," I say scratching my head, "Nowhere really, we're doing the typical Woodstock camp out thing."
"Oh, right," he says thinking to himself, "Well if you have a lift into the city, we're staying at the Hilton. So like drop by tomorrow at seven."

"There you are!" Taylor calls across the waiting room, "Ready to go?"
"Uhh yeah," I say nodding, "See ya later Tre Cool."
"Bye." he says almost childishly. Taylor and I start for the door but I turn around quickly.
"I forgot the name of your band."
"Green Day." Tre calls back.