Woodstock

The Scene

We take a cab to the shit part of the suburbs and the party isn't hard to find considering it spilt out onto the front lawn. We get out of the cab and almost instantly Tre's face pops up in front of me.

"Hey, you're prettier when you're not covered in mud." he says happily, "Don't worry Taylor, I'm not gonna rape you, wait you're not Taylor."

"Oh yeah, Tre this is Mariah, my new roommate."

"Nice to meet you," Mariah says over the music.

"So are Billie and Mike around?" I ask casually.

"Mike yeah with his girlfriend, Ana-pie but Bill's at home he doesn't really party except when we're on the road cause his wife's pregnant and all."

"Oh right." I say nodding.

"Tre Cool!" someone screams as he jumps on Tre's back causing him to fall over. The two guys clamber to their feet.

"Who's your friends boy-o?" he asks curiously.

"This is Ami and Mariah." Tre says pointing to us in turn, "And this is Donnie "Shithead" McGregor."

"Nice to meet you." he says practically lunging for Mariah, "Hey do you hang around Gilman?"

"Nah, I've only been a couple of times." she replies.

"Awe well, maybe you should go more often, I could show you around one day." Donnie shamelessly flirts.

"Want beer?" Tre asks me, I nod and he leads me into the house we make our way to the huge bucket of ice and beer and we grab one each before Tre leads me to the backyard which is pretty much abandoned.

"So did your boyfriend move here too?" he asks casually as we sit on the porch steps.

"Nah, he stayed back in Buffalo." I say shrugging.

"Did you guys break up?"

"No he's supposed to visit soon." I say sipping my beer.

"Oh," Tre says sipping his beer, "So why'd you move here anyway?"

"I got a job writing for Punkhead magazine."

"That magazine sucks." he says bitterly.

"Shut up you ass wipe." I say shoving him playfully.

"Oh, frisky?" he says wigginling his eyebrows.

"Frisky like a cat." I reply laughing.

"So how's your band doing?"

"Oh man, its fucking awesome," He exclaims over-excitedly, "Bill said they played Longview on the radio last week.

"That's awesome."

"Uhuh, and Mike got attacked by a drag queen." he says out of no where. I laugh.

"That's umm random."

"Yeah," he grins, "My mind tends to wander off. But anywa how long have you been living around here?"

"About three weeks."

"And you didn't htink to call little ol' me." he says in a girly voice causing me to burst out laughing.

"I had no idea Oakland was so close."

"C'mon didn't you take geography in high school?"

"Says the drop out." Mike says popping up behind us.

"Hey, hey, hey," Tre says holding up his hands, "I passed the high school equivalency test so in your face!"

"Real mature." Mike says sarcastically, "Anyway, Ami-"

"Hey you got your teeth fixed." I point out.

"Yeah," he says rolling his eyes, "Anyway, your roommate there."

"Mariah?"

"Yeah, she just left with Shithead."

"Fantastic." I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, she told me to tell you because she couldn't find you."

"Right." I say rolling my eyes.

"Any idea what's going on with The Dog Sisters?"

"Yeah, one of their amps blew a fuse but its all good now."

"Awesome so is everyone going now?"

"In a few minutes I guess."

"YAY!" he says lifting his arms, "Ami, wanna come?"

"Err, where?"

"Dog Sisters gig!" he exclaims, "They rented out the basement in the church down the street."

"Are they any good?"

"Any good?" Mike gasps, "They're fucking awesome!"

"Then yeah, I'll go."

"Everyone's heading to the church now." a young woman says snaking her arms around Mike.

"So let's go then." he replies, "Oh, uh, this is my girlfriend Ana, and Ana, this is Ami."

"Oh hi," Ana says shaking my hand, "Woodstock chick right?"

"Guess you can say that." I say glancing at Tre who's blushing red.

"C'mon. " Tre says standing up.

We walk to the church and find five or six people scrambling around on the make-shift stage.
"You gotta meet them." Tre says grabbing my hand and leading me directly to the stage.

"Mandy!" Tre calls happily. A teenage girl turns around and walks over to us.

"Hey Tre." she says smiling, "Where's the rest of your threesome?"

"Mike's around somewhere and Bill's at home with Adrienne."

"Oh right, she's knocked up right?"

"Haha, yeah." Tre laughs.

Mandy turns to me and grins.

"You haven't fucked him yet did ya?" she says referring to Tre, "Cause that would just be a waste of your time, his dick is one tiny piece of stub. You're better off with a cucumber." I can't help but burst out laughing.

"Mandy," Tre sighs, "She's just a friend."

"Oh," she says confused, "Ohh right then."

"Just showing her around, she just moved here from Buffalo."

"Cool." she says nodding, "Well if you like what you hear we're playing again next week with The Bird Guts."

"Cool." I say feeling some sort of weird tension from Mandy.

"Play some fucking music already!" someone yells.

"Go home to your dildo!" Mandy yells back.

"Ready?" another girl asks Mandy, "Hey Tre."

"Hey." he replies, "That's Kim, she's also in the band." he murmurs to me.

"Get off the stage you douche." a third girl says pushing at Tre.

"Hello to you too Specs." he sasses as we clamber off stage.

I finally arrive home late that night, or you can say early the next morning. I manage to get a lift with some friends of Tre's.

The second I open my apartment door I fall vitum to loud moans.

"Fuck yes! Donnie! Donnie! DONNIE!" Mariah screams out from her room.
"What the hell kind of roommate did I get?" I say to myself as I go off to my room.