Woodstock

Adorkable

A loud droning scratching sound fills the room and my pounding head.

"Fuck." I moan as I rub my eyes, I'm thanking god the room is dark.

"Sorry." Tre whispers. I sit up with a jilt and glance around. I wasn't in my bed, or even my apartment for that matter. Tre is standing at the open closet, "Was just getting dressed."

I look down at myself. Only panties and my semi-unhooked bra on.

"Did we have sex?" I whisper.

"Haha, no." Tre patronizes, "You don't remember?"

"No."

"Well, we were drinking tequila, you threw up and started yelling at Taylor, you stumbled around a bit then Mariah suggested you go sleep it off."

"Urgh." I say rubbing my head, "So why am I half-naked?" I grope for my clothes, which are slung over the head board and start to put them on.

"You said you can't sleep with your clothes on but you passed out before you got your bra off. Unfortunately for us guys."

"Fantastic." I mumble sarcastically, "Do you have any aspirin?"

"In the washroom." Tre says pulling off his shirt and pulling on a clean one, "You can sleep off your hangover here, I have to go out for a bit." he mumbles as I try to pull myself together, "I'll be back in like three hours."

"Tre, no offense, but please shut up."

"Right, hangover." he mumbles as he leaves the room.

It takes me a few seconds before I can make my way out of the room and into the bathroom. There's two or three condoms floating around in the toilette, vomit splatter on the floor and walls, a pair of boots in the bathtub and urine residue in the sink. I open the medicine cabinet and I'm genuinely amazed at how clean it is. I take two Tylenol from the bottle, popping them into my mouth then lapping some water from the faucet.

I trudge back into the room from which I came and collapse onto the bed. I'm awaken what seems like minutes later by Tre.

"Hey." I say rubbing my face and sitting up, my headache pretty much subsided, "Aren't you supposed to be out somewhere?"

"I said I'd be back in three hours and here I am." he says opening the curtains. I cringe from the sunlight for a second, "How ya feeling?"

"Okay."

"Wanna go for lunch?"

"Uhh."

"Great, let's go." he says holding out his hand for me. I take it and he heaves me to my feet.

I retie my hair as I follow him down the hallway to the stairs.
"Careful." he mumbles as he steps around Eggplants sleeping body as he makes his way downstairs.

I can't help but spot Josh asleep and entangled with some chick on the sofa just as Tre and I step out the door.

"Tacos or hot dogs?" Tre asks as we start walking down the street.

"What?" I laugh.

"Pervert." he gasps, "That means pizza."

"Very scientific." I say with a slight giggle.

"I know, right?"

We turn the corner to find ourselves walking along the concrete barrier of the highway.

"All these cars are doing wonders for my hangover." I yell over the traffic.

"I disagree! Operation Ivy is better!" he yells back obviously he heard something completely different from what I said.

He takes my hand an leads me into one of the dingy building with a tattered cardboard sign in the window that says "Jack's Pizza."

The bell over the door dings as we head inside.

A woman fililng the ketchup containers at the counter looks up at us.

"Hi," Tre says, "Can we get a large cheese pizza?"

"Sure," she says heading into the kitchen.

Tre and I take our seats at the counter just as she returns.

"Should be ready in about ten to fifteen minutes." she says, "Would you like anything else?"

"Do you happen to have any black coffee on hand?" I groan.

"Yeah, actually." She says as she turns around to face the coffee pot and pours me a mug.

"How are you so," I pause as I overlook Tre, "Happy after drinking so much?"

"Well," he says pondering, "when you've been drinking like a camel since you were twelve you kinda build up and immunity."

"I don't think I've ever drunk that much in one shot." I mumble.

"Wow, where do you party?" Tre laughs. I shove him, he just laughs.

"I party, I just don't kill my liver every goddamn night."

"Killing your liver is only a problem if you want to live till a ripe old age." he sneers.

"True." I laugh.

I sip my coffee and rub my forehead against my arm.

"God, I'm so tired."

"Drink . . .. more . .. .coffee." Tre says spaztically and nudges at my mug.

"You're so-" I laugh as he rests his chin on my arm.

"Adorable?"

"Adorkable." I grin.

"Is the pizza for here or to go?" the waitress calls, startling both of us.

"To go." Tre answers.

Within seconds she slides a vast white pizza box in front of us. I down the rest of my coffee in two gulps and we leave.