Woodstock

The Chapter You've Been Dying For

"Hey Ami." Adie says letting me into the Green Day Shag Pad.
"Hey, is Tre here?"
"Nope," she shakes her head, "He went to visit his parents."
"Oh, so will he be back tonight then?" I ask shoving my hands in my pockets. She half-laughs.
"They live all the way in the mountains, he'll only be back tomorrow afternoon." she states casually, "He left last night, he was kinda upset when he left, he probably went up there to clear is head."
"Oh." I say knowing he was probably upset about me.

"I'm bored, wanna catch a movie?" she asks, unknowingly switching the subject.
"Uhh sure." I say numbly.

We head out to the beaten up powder-blue car in the driveway, it looked about as old as, well old.
"So glad Billie left me the car." she says happily, "Or else we'd have to take about a billion buses."
"Yeah."
"I mean, back in Minnesota it was easier to get from point A to point B using public transportation, but here, in the burbs of Oakland, forget it."

"You're from Minnesota?"
"Oh yeah, I only moved here at the end of spring." she says starting up the car.
"But aren't you and Billie . . uhh married and pregnant?" I ask confused.
"We had a long distance relationship, then I moved here."
"Wow." I say amazed.
"Well Billie and I met back in '90." she says more distracted by her driving then the conversation at hand, "So that's like four years of like constant phone calls and stuff, and well its Billie."

"So you just decided to pick up and move across the country to be with Billie?"
"Why are you so shocked? You moved for a job." she chortles.
"I moved for a new life." I say without really thinking, "I needed a change."
"And so did I."

"So you just decided one day, I'm going to move across the country and get married?" I ask with a slight laugh.
"Actually, I was only supposed to come here for the summer, then Billie was like let's get married and then we were married and well, we had a little fun in between and tadaa, here we are."
"My sister would literally die of cardiac arrest if I did that, hell, she lost it when she found out I moved out here and dumped Simon."

Adie practically swerves off the road.
"You broke up with Simon?"
"Oh my god not you too."
"No, but I didn't think you'd get around to it." she said setting us back right on the road.
"Why not?"
"Because you sorta crossed the country to avoid breaking up with him and to avoid being with him and uhh because of what happened with Tre." she mumbles, "Did you break up with him because of Tre?"
"No!" I say loudly, "Well I was planning on breaking up with him anyway, Tre was just the kick in the ass I needed."
"Alright, alright, no need to get defensive." she says rolling her eyes.

After the movie we went back to the shag pad and we collapsed on the couch, within moments Billie entered the house piggy-backed on Mike.
"Hey guys." Adie laughs.
"Ami? What are you doing here?" Mike asks as he smacks Billie against the wall.
"Well, she came looking for Tre," Adie says cocking an eyebrow, "Since he wasn't here we went to the movies."
"Oh, what did you see?" Billie asks distractedly.
"That Jim Carry movie."
"Any good?" Mike asks finally ridding himself of Billie.
"Yeah." we Adie and I say simultaneously.

"Ana, you home?" Mike calls as he heads upstairs.

Billie plops down on the couch next to Adie and kisses her lips lightly.
"So where were you and Mike all day?" she asks.
"Uhh, we went to see Lawrence, then we went to the guitar store to jam with every instrument they had, went to record store, bought a couple of LPs, grabbed some food, called Tre from a pay phone to bust his chops, went to see Lawrence again, grabbed some more food and here we are."
"Sounds fun-filled." Adie laughs as Mike and Ana make their way down the stairs.

"We're going to the movies." Mike announces.
"Have fun." I say becuase being silent this long was killing me.
"See ya guys later." Ana says as they head out the door, "Oh hey guys."

As the left Shithead and some other guy enter the house.
"Hey Shithead." I say with a small wave.
"Hey." he nods, "Hey Bill, mind if we crash here? Our landlord locked us out, again."
"You guys have to start paying rent." Adie says rolling her eyes.
"We do!" the other guy says, "just damn old coot doesn't remember anything, so tomorrow we have to convince her to let us back into the apartment so we can find the damn receipt saying we paid so she can take the dead bolt out." I can't help but laugh.
"Yeah sure, you guys can stay." Billie says stifling a laugh, "But why didn't you just stay with Mariah."
"Cause she works early tomorrow and she's can't be late to work again." Shithead laughs.
"You are shameless." Adie says shaking her head.

"Tell me about it," the other guy grumbles, "He doesn't spare me any details of how he's getting some and I'm not. The least you can do is set me up with one of her cute friends, or her roommate or somthing."
"Her roommate huh?" Billie asks cocking an eyebrow.
"Yeah, its convenient for both of us right," the guy says, "she comes back to our place, Donnie stays at their place and no one gets in anyone else's way."
"For sure." Adie nods, stifling her laughter as she does.
"And she's hot right?" the guy asks turning towards Shithead, "You said she was pretty hot, right? Mariah's roommate?"
"I'd say so." I pipe up, with that everyone except the guy starts laughing.
"What? Am I missing something? Is she a cow?" the guy asks.
"Nah," I say shamelessly, "and I should know, I'm her."
"Oh shit! I'm sorry." he says turning red, "I'm Marky by the way."
"Ami-Defleur, or you know, just Ami for short."

Something's nudging me but I slap it away as I keep my eyes tightly shut. The nudging doesn't stop so I rub my eyes before finally opening them. The living room is dark except for the random streams of light spilling through the curtains. Marky is asleep on the floor and Shithead, also asleep, is half strewn on the floor half on the adjacent sofa, but the one thing that's got my attention is the fact Tre is standing over me.
"What are you doing here?" he ask, borderline rudely. I rub my face as I adjust the way I'm sitting on the couch cushion, Billie and Adie must've gone up to their room.
"I came to see you." I say as I stand up.
"Why?" he asks bitterly, "To say you're truly sorry you can't be with me, that I'm a great guy but I'm not your type and you're already with ass hole number one."
"No Tre," I say almost afraid to speak, "I broke up with Simon."
"You what?"
"I broke up with Simon." I repeat, "I choose you."
"Uhuh." he says biting the side of his lip.
"That is if you still want to be with me."
"I don't know what to say to that." he say tilting his head slightly.
"Wanna go for a walk?" I suggest as I instinctively stretch to get rid of my sleepiness.
"Uhh yeah, okay." he says as I look around for my missing left shoe.

Both shoes on and laced, Tre and I head outside into the bright sunlight.
"Urgh, what time is it?" I ask as we start down the sidewalk.
"Around one thirty." Tre says squinting because of the sunlight, "So what were you doing at our place?"
"I came looking for you, then Adie said you were gone."
"Uhuh."
"Then Adie and I went to the movies and whatever."
"Uhh-right." he says staring at his feet. We walk in silence.

"Do you actually like me? Or was I just your excuse to break up with that dill-hole."
"Tre." I say rolling my eyes.
"My name is not an answer."
"No, why do you think I've been hanging out with you so much?"
"Because you like my band." he kicks a pebble across the street.
"I like a lotta bands, doesn't mean I hang out with them."
"That's 'cause we're the only band you've met." Tre says trying to be funny. Again we walk in silence.

"Then why'd you take so long to break up with Simon?" he asks.
"I don't know." I mumble, "I was just putting it off, like going to the dentist or something." I take Tre's hand and hold it as we walk. He stares at our intertwined fingers for a long moment before accepting it.

We keep walking, and talking. Our subject of conversation evolved from Simon to his band, to grabbing some lunch somewhere, to actually stopping at a Burger King.

As we wait for our food, Tre leans against the counter and stares at me with his big blue eyes. I put a loose strand of hair behind my ear and just laugh when I see his stare in unwavering. My laugh turns to a simple smirk, much like the one stretched across his face. His face which moves slowly towards mine, his eyes shutting at the last second as his lips press against mine.
Fuck yeah.
The butterflies in my stomach are flustering more than they have since I was sixteen.
"Let's do that again." I say stupidly. He smiles and we kiss again.

"Excuse me!" the cashier says, we can't help but laugh as we break apart and grab our food off the counter and head out onto the street where we continue walking as we eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized as of right now I have 69 readers . . .that's hot.