Woodstock

Life in San Fran.

"So how are you holding up?" Chuck asks, popping his head into my cubicle.

"Pretty good actually, I just finished the article about Fender's new precision bass."

"Awesome," he says nodding, "I was wondering if you'd like to review a concert tonight."

"Sure." I say swivling in my chair so I can actually face him, "Where and when?"

"Right so its at The Horder, then band playing is The Kleptos and opening for them are Manic City."

"Alright," I say nodding, the second he hands me a ticket and walks away I'm through the moon happy two weeks working here and I'm already on assignment.

The person in the cubicle next to mine stands up, his unnaturally orange hair seems to be giving off radiation.

"Might want to bring some ear plugs, Manic City sucks arse." he says cocking an eyebrow.

"Uhh thanks?" I say confused, "Do you know how to get to The Horder?"

"From here?" he questions, "Its about a ten minute bus ride."

"Which bus?"

"The 47, you get off in front of Sammy's Record Store and turn left."

"Thanks." I say happily, "I'm Ami by the way."

"Joel." he says carelessly.

Wit my press pass around my neck I'm ushered to a booth up high in the theatre. I look down at the mosh pit wishing I could be down there. The curtain opens and Manic City starts to play. I pull out my notebook and pen and start jotting down notes so I can write my article later.

I take the bus back to the apartment to find Mariah in the living room with several shopping bags.

"Where have you been?" she asks curiously.

"The Manic City, Kleptos concert."

"No way! How come you didn't tell me you were going?"

"I was on assignment, I only found out today."

"Oh." she says shrugging.

"What's with all the clothes?" I ask heading into the kitchen.

"I went on a bit of a shopping spree." she chuckles as I pour myself some water, "An outlet mall in Oakland was having a huge ass sale, like 75% off!" I nearly choke on my water.

"Did you say Oakland?"

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if the sale's still on tomorrow."

"No, no, Oakland, how far is it from here?"

"Well, about half an hour away, less if there's no traffic."

"You're kidding right?!" I exclaim as I head into my room. Mariah follows me intrigued.

What's so great about Oakland?" she asks as I start digging through one of the boxes I've yet to unpack.

"I met this guy at the Woodstock concert and he said if I was ever in Oakland to give him a shout."

"Didn't you say you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah so?" I'm not aloud to have guy friends now?"

I eventually find the phone number and head into the kitchen, Mariah returns to her shopping bags.

The phone rings a while before the answering machine hooks up.

"Hi, you've reached Mike, Billie Joe, Adie, Shaun, Ana and Tre, so leave a message," the voice says followed by Tre's voice screaming in the background, "I like sex!" I can't help but laugh.

"Hi Tre, umm I don't know if you remember me, its Ami from Woodstock, I'm in San Francisco so gimme a-"

"Hey Ami!" Tre exclaims, "sorry about that we're screening our calls."

"Hey," I say happily.

"Why wouldn't I remember you?"

"I dunno, you could give your number to a lot of girls."

"Nah, I'm not that smooth." he laughs, "so how long are you here for?"

"I moved here actually, got a job."

"Awesome." he says happily, "Oh we're about to go to a party, wanna come?"

"Sure." I say on impulse.

Tre tells me where the party is then I hang up.

"Hey Mariah, do you wann go to a party?"

"Hell yeah!"