Hella Good Sandwiches

Mac Z

Image

I laid the horn on heavy, tapping my finger on the leather wheel and snapping my gum in that obnoxious way I have. I groaned and wrestled my sidekick out of the very bottom of my purse, where it always took up residence because it was impossible to reach, and jabbed the speed number 2.

"I'm coming, damn it! Relax!" Adrienne's voice floated through the reciever. I looked up and saw her walking down the stone path leading from her apartment building to my door. I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone back into my purse, where it probably slid back to the bottom.

"Fucking shit, Addy. 11 doesn't mean 11:30!" I exclaimed and she slid into the convertable next to me.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Addy replied, brushing her blonde hair out of her face and into a pony tie.

"I am so blaming you for this when Guy yells at us."

"Traitor!" Addy squealed.

"Nuh-uh! Get a car and THEN you can blame it on me." I stated, sliding my bright purple sunglasses over my impossibly blue eyes and taking a left turn into the parking lot of our lovely sandwich shop; 'Hella Good Sandwich.'

"Hey, I HAVE a car...just no license." Addy mumbled the last bit.

"Which, by the way, is slightly pathetic in a 21 year old." I commented. Addy gasped and swatted my right hand.

"Hey! Stick shift! You want to die?" Addy stuck her tongue out at me.

"At least my car is not a midget!" She said.

"Oh yes, let's make fun of the car that keeps you from walking 30 minutes to work, shall we?" I drawled, sending Addy a look. Addy jumped.

"I'm sowy, baby." She cooed, petting the dashboard of my 1978 powder blue midget convertable lovingly. I grinned and put my foot to the break, pulling into a parking space.

"You're late." I looked up from Addy to see Veronica, the third in our lovely trio, standing by the blue hood of my car, a hand placed on her hip.

"It's Mac Z's fault!" Addy interjected, quickly rushing to the resturant door. My jaw dropped and I glared at her.

"Li-"

"Addy, it's always your fault." Roni replied. I grinned cut the ignition, jumping up onto the leather seats and over the door.

"Guy mad?" I asked, opening the front door of the shop and circle the round counter to the back. Guy Indigo was the owner of HGS and was a bit of a tight ass when it comes to attendance of our shifts. Addy's constant tendancy toward tardiness didn't exactly rub Guy the right way, to say the least.

"Nah, I covered for you." I smiled and linked my elbow with Roni's.

"This is why we made you manager." I grinned.

"All three of us are managers." Roni stated, eyebrow raised.

"Sure, ruin the compliment." I laughed, grabbing the apron that Addy tossed me that had a name tag reading 'Mackenzie'. Guy came striding in from the kitchen, his black hair flopping in his latinio darkened skin.

"Mac, Table 3!" He called, sliding a sandwich backet across the counter. I saluted and shuffled off.

**************

"Nah, leave it long." I counseled Guy, who was peering at himself scrutinizingly in a metal bowl, brushing his hair around into different styles.

"But it takes way too long to style." he whined, wrinkling his nose.

"What kind of gay are you?!" I exclaimed. Guy frowned playfully at me.

"Way to play into the stereotypes." He said.

"You're right. William Beckett wouldn't be interested anyway." I replied nonchalantly.

"Blasphemer!" Guy gsaped scandilized. Addy came around the corner with a small stack of empty baskets.

"Jerk off, three o'clock." She muttered as she passed. I furrowed my brow and turned around.

"Oh hell no." Guy muttered when he saw the figure stride into the shop, his blonde hair swinging against the grey eyes that I used to be convinced were so sultry. I rolled my eyes.

"I got this." I murmered to Guy and then walked around the counter and up to him.

"Silly me, I thought I made it clear you weren't to come here anymore. Perhaps I'll have to make the scar a little darker, Ben." I sneered, indicating the purple mark marring Ben Vefron's collarbone where I had wung a basket at his skin. Ben smiled his chicklet white smile.

"Aw, come on, Kenz-" He said smoothly. I put my hand on my hip.

"One, my name is MACKENZIE, and two, get the fuck out of my shop." I hissed.

"But Mac Z, I want you back!" Ben said taking a step foreward. My jaw dropped.

"Ben, you fucked lindsey when we were together!" I shouted.

"Aw, but I apologized for that! Come on, sweetie!" He whined, gazing at me woefully. I opened my mouth to retort, but an arm draped around my neck, drawing me back to a body behind me. I looked up to see the tanned skin and spiked black and white hair of a very familiar face who I hadn't seen in months. He smiled down at me.

"Hey, baby," He said warmly. I smiled back, playing along. He looked up at Ben.

"Who's this?" He asked, his hand holding onto my shoulder. I looked at Ben, one eyebrow raised.

"No one important. He was just leaving." I said lowly. Ben glared at the arm around my neck, turned on his heel, and strode out of the resturant in a huff. I looked up at the man behind me.

"Hi ya, Chicken Parmasean." I grinned. He let go of my shoulder and I walked over to the counter and grabbed a package off of it.

"How many times have I told you my name is-" I thrust the wrapped sandwich into his hands, he looked down at it and read the name off of the white paper.

"-Jaime! Hey, you remembered!" He exclaimed. I laughed and walked behind the counter to the register.

"Hell yeah, I did. Only took me two years." I responded.

"Bravo." Jaime chuckled. I grinned.

"You still with that one girl you came with a couple months ago? What was her name again?"

"Yes, and it's Ashley. You're really bad at names, aren't you?" He replied, one eye raised.

"It's a flaw," I shrugged, "where've you been all summer? $6.-"

"95, I know. And I was on warped tour." My hand slipped on the register drawer.

"Skunk boy say what? How the hell did you work out that summer job?!" I exclaimed, one hand on my hip. Jaime raised an eyebrow at me.

"He says his name is Jaime Preciado, not skunk boy, and my band played it..." He trailed off. I scrunched up my forehead.

"You're in a band? Which one?" I asked, kinda shocked. This guy had been walking into my shop every couple days for the past two years, ordering the exact same thing everytime. Although, in the past year he had stopped coming for months on time for travel, only apparently now I know it was to TOUR.

"Pierce the Veil..." he muttered, slightly abashed. My jaw dropped.

"Dude, nuh-uh! I know you guys! How the hell did I not know you were in it?!" I gasped.

"Well you are kinda bad with memory..."

"I resent that!" I laughed. Jaime took his chicken parmesean sandwich off the counter.

"Sorry! We've basically been friends for two years and you still didn't know! I just call it as I see it." He replied. I stuck my tongue out at him and tossed him his change.

"Get out of here, loser. I'll see you in two days." I said, waving him out with a joking flip of my hand. Jaime laughed.

"Actually, I'm having a party on Saturday and since we've never actually hung out and I've been gone all summer I was hoping you would come by and hang-"

"You want me to bring chicken parmesean, don't you?" I interjected flatly, a small quirk on my lips.

"Just one or two so I don't have to come out here. Pleeeease, Mac? Addy and Roni can cooooome." He begged, a smile spreading his lips. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah alright. See you then." Jaime's face lit up.

"Yes! You guys get to meet the rest of the band to and-"

"Jaime! I'll see you Saturday!" I interupted. Jaime grinned, and jogged out of HGS with his sandwich.

"Hey! skunk Boy's back!" Roni commented, leaning against the counter beside me.

"Skunk Boy's in a BAND. A big band!"

"Yep, Pierce the Veil." Addy contributed, joinging us at the counter.

"And you knew that how?" I asked skeptically. Addy flicked at her nails.

"Seen their show's a couple times." I rolled my eyes at Addy and chuckled. Figures she wouldn't clue us in.

"Well, girlies, we're going to Jaime's for a party on Saturday with the rest of the band." I said, pushing my dark brunette hair over my shoulder.

"He wants a sandwich, doesn't he?" Roni asked.

"Suprise, right?" I replied, smiling.

"Figures."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading Chapter One!!!
Keep reading for ch. 2 by Asha!!!

Commentos por favor! =)

<3 W^C