What He Doesn't Know

018

The screeching of my new key being cut was almost enough to kill myself. As I scanned over printed keys, I chose a flame design, I tried to block out the dreadful noise. I had just gotten a new lock installed so Eliza couldn't get in and trash the place again. Now I am just printing an extra key just Incas.

"Hey Gee." I spun around to see my angel.

"Frank, what are you doing here?" I was sure shocked to see him.

"I got locked out of my house." he shrugged and seemed to find the floor very interesting.

"How did you do that?" I stifled some laughter.

"I forgot my key in the house when I locked it and I uhh... followed you here to maybe borrow your extra?" the last part he mumbled a little. He had given me an extra key to his house for emergencies.

"That will be $25.50." the gruff man behind the counter handed me my key and I handed him the extract cash. "Thanks." Frank and I walked out to the store together.

"So tell me again how you followed me here." I grinned. His face was red in embarrassment.

"I uhh..." he scratched his head.

"You stalked me?" I kept grinning.

"No! No I didn't stalk you I umm... err..." he fiddled with his hands nervously and picked at the hem of his Black Flag t-shirt. I burst out laughing and gave him a one armed hug.

"It's alright Frankie, I know you love me and that I'm gorgeous." he starred at me shocked. His mouth opened and closed frantically. "Kidding! Geeze, take a joke why don't you." I laughed and he starred at the ground with his now pale face returning back to bright red.

"Here you go Frankums." I opened the door effortlessly with my spare key to his house. He grinned at me.

"Thanks Gee, I owe you one." I raised an eyebrow.

"Owe me eh?"

"Yeah well.... whatever you need and stuff." he returned to nervously scratching his head and trying to avoid looking at me. It was really funny really.

"Frank, is there something your not telling me?" we stood motionless on his front step with only the breeze to ruffle our hair. He was starring into space. "Frank?"

"Oh um... no, nothing to tell. Thanks again for the key Gee." I smiled.

"No probs."

"Bye." he quickly closed the door in my face before I said goodbye back. I shrugged to myself and trudged back to my car. He is definitely hiding something.