What He Doesn't Know

025

*One week later*

Mikey sat in the corner of the bus with his new Ipod hooked in his ears by headphones. He jumped around in the place he sat mouthing the words to a fast song.

"He's mainlining again." I whispered to Frank who sat beside me. Truly I was in heaven, sitting on a cramped bus with Frank himself and sleeping just across the isle from him. Every night I watch him sleep until I am to tired to keep my eyes open. Frank nodded at my comment and stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth. I smiled to myself, how will I get this guy to love me like I love him?

The bus pulled out of the lot where it was parked and we began our long journey north. Ray slept in his bunk, he was complaining that we were doing an early start. Bob watched a movie on the couch while Mikey mainlined across from him. Frank and I sat in the kitchenette doing nothing else but sitting. What could I say to spark a conversation?

"What are you going to do with your hair next?" I asked. Stupid Gerard! Frank giggled.

"You know it's always a surprise, I never tell anyone." he grinned at me then took another handful of chips. "What are you doing next with yours?" I shrugged.

"Haven't really thought about it, I guess I'll just keep it black for now. Fans like black." I smiled at him.

"I do too, your black hair I mean." a blush crept into his cheeks.

"Aww Frankie's blushing." I giggled. Frank looked away but still kept smiling.

"When was the last time we played in Toronto?" he changed the topic. I looked out into space deep in thought.

"I don't really remember, last tour I think."

"What is there to do though? Isn't it all forest and stuff?" Bob sat up and frowned at us.

"No way! Toronto is like Jersey, it's not a forest! We can go to the CN Tower, Skydome, Royal York Hotel, and so many other cool places!"

"How do you know all that?" I asked.

"Duh! We were there last year and we never went to any of those places because Ray got sick and we didn't want to go without him."

"Oh yeah!" Frank seemed to remember.

That night I looked out towards Frank's bunk. He was sound asleep with the blankets rising and falling in rhythm as he breathed in and out. He was like a peaceful angel. The bus had stopped so we were engulfed in silence, only the sounds outside like seldom traffic, all was good in the world except Frank and I are not together.