What He Doesn't Know

049

"Can I talk to Frank?" I asked Bob. He crossed his strong arms in a defensive position. "Alone?" my eyes were pleading. Bob sighed.

"FIne, I'll tell Ray what to order before he walks in here himself." with that, Bob opened the bathroom door and walked out. I waited until the door closed then I began.

"Frank, I'm sorry."

"For what?" he sniffled.

"Doing this to you."

"I'm the one who started this, I proposed to Jamia under pressure." he explained. So thats why he did that.

"What ever happened to not caring what others think?" I asked trying to lighten the mood.

"I failed." he broke into a chain of broken whimpers trying not to sob.

"No Frank-" I stopped myself. Why lie to him? He did fail.

"Yes Gerard, I ruined us!"

"Oh Frank... " I bit my lip and leaned against the wall next to the hand dryer where Bob previously stood.

"I can't back out Gerard, it would break her heart." he cried. "She's a good friend." I cringed. Jamia? A good friend? I shuddered. "I know you don't like her." he let out a shaky sigh.

"It's not that...." I began but Frank interrupted.

"No one likes her." he said. He sniffled a few times. "She's okay but she's not who I want." I heard the little twist of the bathroom door lock opening. The door opened and Frank stepped out. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. He was a total mess!

"Oh Frank." I mumbled and pulled him into a gentle hug. He hugged back and sighed.

"We can't do us Gee, you know that." I nodded sadly. "What would everyone think of us?" I thought back to my frerards. I'm quite sure many would support us but he was right, what about the people who didn't support us? What would the rest of the band think? It was tear us apart.

"We need to act out our lives." I mumbled. "But we will always be together, a secret." he nodded and gazed into my eyes. His hazel eyes were a liquid gold.

"Behind their backs?"

"Behind their backs, a dirty little secret." I smiled at him and leaned down and kissed his soft, perfect lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a twist :)