What He Doesn't Know

068

I sat between LynZ and Frank at the table. We were in a Chinese restaurant and sitting in front of a grill- like table where they would be cooking. Ray assured Frank there would be a lot of vegetables to choose from as well as rice and soups. Frank honestly didn't look convinced.

"Gerard? Are you listening to me?" my eyes snapped back in focus and rested on Bob.

"Not really." I replied honestly.

"I asked what you prefer, the chicken or the salmon?" I shrugged.

"Whatever is fine." I wasn't even listening. LynZ kept looking down at her lap as if her being pregnant would be noticeable any second. I nudged her with my elbow and her head snapped up as if she wasn't doing anything. I glanced at Frank who was scowling at the menu.

"What's with all the meat and fish? Is there like nothing for me?"

"Frank, we order a shit load of food in one of those dinner things and its all included. There will be so many veggies you will be choking on them or drowning or whatever." said Ray losing interest and hailing a waiter for drinks. I can't remember what I said I wanted to drink unless I said nothing at all.

"Gerard, are you okay?" Frank whispered to me.

"Hmm? I'm fine I just don't feel too good and I don't really want to eat stuff that may have been moving a few seconds ago." I think Ray overheard me because he went up in smoke.

"What? What are you talking about? Fresh is the way to go! Frozen stuff has no taste because the ice crystals inside frozen stuff rip apart cells and when it thaws then all the cytoplasm leaks out! Thats why it's covered in water and it kills the taste." we all stared at Ray and then glanced at each other.

"What is he? A food scientist?" Mikey whispered to Bob. Frank snickered and I joined in awkwardly. LynZ was just off in her own world.

"I'll be back in a sec guys." she smiled and stood up from the table and walked to the bathroom. I sighed.

Flames danced before our eyes as the chef sprayed some sort of oil on the grill to feed the fire. I could tell everyone was enticed by the flames, even I was. Suddenly he put it out in a cloud of steam and added rice on the grill with soya sauce and meat! It looked so good and smelt even better! It was like my problems were being fed away? The chef, with blinding speed, added the rice to our plates. Frank though couldn't eat the rice with the meat, was stuffing his face with mushrooms and other amazing things. Ray was totally right about this place, it rocked! For now I was calm and relaxed and I saw the same peace in LynZ as she drank her green tea. Somehow we would make this work. Somehow I will get with Frank. Somehow things will be like how it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
The place they are at is called 'Teppanyaki' and its a huge table where 2 chefs stand in the middle at their own stations and cook in front of you and the ammount of food is murder. Its what I had for dinner xD Maybe it will be better if I just show you lol http://z.about.com/d/cruises/1/0/i/_/3/Teppanyaki.jpg

Updates will slow down from the 8th of september on since its when school starts for me D: It sucks I know, grade 11 >.< Hopefully I will update as much as possible! Comments = love!!!