What He Doesn't Know

088

"Hey Mikes."

"Oh hey! Frank told us all what was up, how is everything?" my little brother asked me. He didn't sound angry like he usually did when we spoke to each other these days. I pretty much deserve it though.

"Yeah everything is fine but uh..." I hesitated not too sure if he would agree.

"What is it? Is it your baby after all?"

"No, the father is Jimmy Urine, the lead singer and she can't have anyone know or he will kick her out of the band and she will be broke and working at Walmart." I took a breath.

"Oh..."

"She doesn't want the baby."

"Oh."

"Do you?" I bit my lip.

"Do I what?"

"Do you want the baby?" there was a pause on the line and I was sure he either passed out or his anger was building up.

"Gee, I have to tell you something..." Mikey said. I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Kay...?"

"I'm... sterile..." he mumbled and honestly I was pretty shocked myself.

"As in...no kids?" I blinked in confusion.

"No... Alicia and I have been trying for ages so I went to the doctor and he confirmed it."

"Am I?" I asked.

"I think so... I'm sorry Gee." his voice bled with sympathy. I would have to check this out but back to business.

"But do you want the baby?"

"Yeah Gee, Alicia and I really want a kid and I'd love to surprise her." I think he was smiling.

"Great, I'l tell LynZ"

"Kay Gee, talk to you later."

"Bye bro... love ya."

"Love you too Gee and thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Were we all satisfied with the twist though it took some time to put together? :)