What He Doesn't Know

009

My body aches.
My head throbs.
They want more.
I give it to them; CD after CD, T-shirt after T-shirt, autograph after autograph and they still want more. They want to suck out my soul and hang it on their wall. They want to see and touch me all the time and have me be by their side telling them what a great person they are. Well fuck, do they not know I am only human just like them. We all have talents but mine is just being me. I love to sing and act silly. I like attention and they certainly give it to me. Just because they love the way I look, love they way I dress, and love the way I sing doesn't make me a God or anything like that. I'm just Gerard Arthur Way.

"I made this for you." a girl no older looking then seventeen approaches me with flushed cheeks. She looks so nervous not to make a silly mistake which will make me wish her to the pits of Hell. I am only human, I don't shun those who are different. She is holding out a plushie that looks quite familiar.

"Thank you." I take it and look at it thoroughly. It's me! "What's your name?" I ask. Her face goes pale.

"G-gem." she stutters. I smile encouragingly. She smiles back. I sign and hand her an autograph. "Thanks." she grins then turns away to allow more fans to introduce themselves to me. I don't think I will ever forget Gem, the girl who was so afraid to make a wrong move. I stroked the plushies hair.

"Hey Gee, It's you!" Mikey looked at the plushie surprised. I nodded.

"Yeah, It's me alright."