What He Doesn't Know

091

"Well Mr. Way, your completely fine. You are perfectly fertile." the doctor announced. I heaved out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Doc, sorry to put you through all the trouble." I apologized.

"Its fine." I got up from the waiting room chair and shook his hand. I then went back to LynZ's room but before I entered, I pulled out my cellphone and called Mikey.

"Hey, Alicia here!" Alicia chirped.

"Hey, its Gerard, where's Mikey?" I asked slightly confused.

"Out getting pizza, he forgot his phone."

"Oh okay, just tell him to call me back later." I said.

"Gerard? Is it a boy or a girl?" she asked with excitement in her voice. Did he tell her?

"Huh?" I didn't want to say anything unless Mikey told her.

"Mikey told me, I'm going to be a mommy!" she squealed. I smiled. "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Congratulations Mrs. Way, you are a proud parents of a baby girl." I said jokingly. She squealed in joy and i held the phone away from my ear for a second because it was really loud. I just smiled to myself.

"Mikey! It's a girl!" Alicia called into the distance. I heard a muffled reply then suddenly I held shuffling.

"Mikey here." my brother said.

"And me!" Alicia spoke up. They were on speaker phone.

"Hey." I said.

"So its a girl?" Mikey asked. "What's she like?" I grinned and glanced into LynZ's room with a smile.

"She's a girl with chocolate eyes and a bit of light brown hair which i'm guessing will get darker." more squealing from Alicia followed my comment.

"If you don't mind, she has a name."

"What is it?" Alicia asked.

"Bandit Lee Way." I said.

"That's an awesome name!" Mikey stated happily.

"It's so cute! Our little girl is going to be a rock star just like her daddy and Uncle Gee!" Uncle Gee... it sounded weird to think of myself as an uncle.

My conversation with Mikey and Alicia lasted a while as I described Bandit for them. I ended up sending them a picture via cellphone, which they called me back and gushed about her some more. After it finished, I called Frank and told him about the baby. He was thrilled for Mikey and Alicia as I was and our convo didn't last long because Frank wanted to congratulate the new parents. What remained on my conscious was the fact that Mikey was sterile and I was not. How could I break that to him? What if I just told him I was sterile too? Why did my life involve so many decisions. Another thing that tugged at my mind, I was Uncle Gee!
♠ ♠ ♠
Gerard is never at peace with himself huh? Apparently not. Anyways- like 2 chapters away from the end!! :D