‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Ben and Jerry's

Image

Megan’s POV

“I brought Ben and Jerry’s!” Dina announced, as I opened the front door to let her in.

“Ah, the only two men that women can always rely on in this world!”

We got bowls and spoons from the kitchen and brought it all to the couch in the family room. I looked like a complete and total mess. When I got home from the Jonas’ this afternoon, I ran upstairs and threw on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The hood was still over my head from when I first pulled it on. Emotionally, I felt awful, so I had no interest in physically trying to look nice.

“So how are you doing? Vent to me, girl. What’s going on in that head of yours?”

“I’m just like…appalled, shocked, confused.”

“At the accusation, right?”

“Yeah. I can’t believe he would even think that I would do something like that. Does he know me at all? Does he not trust me at all?”

“If you saw a message in Nick’s phone from a girl whose name you didn’t recognize that said ‘I love you,’ how would you react?”

“I don’t know. I know what I wouldn’t do. I wouldn’t accuse him of cheating. I would probably ask him who it is.”

“I think he just felt threatened. He probably felt like he was losing you, and he knows he can’t lose you because he loves you too much. I’m not saying what he said was appropriate, but I know for a fact he loves you. You’re going to work this out. I know it, and quite frankly, I have a tendency to be right.”

I laughed and nodded in agreement with Dina. She is always right and always makes me see things in new perspectives. Dina cares about everybody. She’ll listen to your problems if you’re having a bad day and say something funny if you are in need of a smile.

My phone began to vibrate on the table. I looked at it nervously, hoping it wasn’t Nick calling. I wasn’t quite ready to talk to him yet. Pamela Sanders flashed across the screen. I sighed in relief.

“Hey Pamela! What’s up?”

“Hey Megan! Not much. Just wanted to let you know the article and the photos look great in the magazine. The issue hits stands on Friday! I also wanted to see how you were doing.”

“Oh, that is awesome! Thanks so much. Umm, I’ve been better. Nick and I actually just got into a fight.”

“Oh no! Are you okay?”

“I’m alright. My friend is here. We’re having a girl talk session. If you aren’t busy, you are more than welcome to join us at my house.”

“I’m not busy. That sounds great!”

I gave Pamela my address and hung up. Thirty minutes later, the doorbell rang. I greeted Pamela at the door. She too had Ben and Jerry’s in her hand. I led her to the family room and introduced her to Dina. I filled Pamela in on what happened earlier today.

“Wow, when I met Nick last week, he seemed so relaxed. He didn’t seem like the type that would freak out and draw conclusions like that.” Pamela was cut off by the sound of the doorbell filled the house.

“What if it’s him?” I asked.

“He is the type that would just show up. I’ll go see who it is,” Dina offered. She ran to the door as I peered around the corner. “It’s Joe!” Dina yelled. I walked the rest of the distance to the door and opened it.

“Hey Megs,” Joe said, pulling me into a one-armed hug.

“Hey Joe.” Joe revealed a pint of Ben and Jerry’s that was resting in his other hand. I started laughing.

“Thanks, this is the third pint I’ve received tonight.” Joe laughed as he greeted Dina with a hug. Joe followed Dina and I back into the family room, where Pamela was sitting on the love seat with a coffee in her hand. Seeing Pamela sitting there triggered a memory. I had forgotten that I wanted to play Cupid on these two!

“Joe, this is Pamela, the writer for People magazine! Pamela, this is Nick’s brother, Joe. You probably know that. He’s been in your magazine a few times.”

“Yes, of course I know. We did a feature on the rumors of you and Taylor Swift dating,” Pamela said, shaking Joe’s hand.

Joe didn’t respond. His eyes were staring into Pamela’s and he had a silly little grin on his face. I smirked, knowing the crazy mind of Joe Jonas was currently going wild over Pamela.

“I’m not dating Taylor Swift,” Joe finally choked out.

“That’s good to know,” Pamela said with a flirtatious smile. Joe blushed. I can see this clicking. Man, did I call that or what?

“So Joe, you know I always enjoy your presence, but did you come here on a mission?” I asked. Joe redirected his attention to me.

“Well I have seen how Nick was handling this, so I wanted to see how you were.”

“How is he handling this?”

“Not well. Not well at all.”

“What does that mean?” Dina asked.

“He’s disgusted with himself. He won’t talk to anyone. He said he won’t leave his room until you talk to him, Meg.”

“I know this will probably blow over by tomorrow, but the fact that he accused me of cheating on him hurt so much. I just need tonight to get over it.”

So you’re not gonna work this out tonight?” Joe sang. I laughed. Typical Joe. Always making me laugh when I really need too.

“No we’re not. I know he was jealous, but he needs to know that he can’t just make assumptions like that and he needs to trust me. You can tell him I said that.” Joe nodded and stood up off of the couch.

“Is there anything else I can tell him for you?”

“Tell Nick…tell him that I love him. And that I’ll call him tomorrow.”

“I will do that. I’ll leave you to your girl talk now. You’re a strong girl, you know that?” I smiled as Joe held out his fist for me to pound. He did the same to Dina. He said goodbye to Pamela last.

“It was very nice to meet you. Maybe I’ll see you again soon,” Joe said with hope.

“I definitely hope so,” Pamela responded.

“I’ll show myself out. Have a good night ladies,” Joe said. When I heard the front door shut, I looked at Pamela.

“Wow,” she said.

“What?” I asked.

“Joe is amazing! He’s sweet, funny, and attractive, three of my favorite qualities,” Pamela declared.

“He was into you. I could tell. Anyone could tell. Joe is so readable,” Dina said.

“I guarantee he asks me for your number,” I added.

“If he does, I give you full and entire permission to give it to him!”

Dina, Pamela, and I talked for hours about anything and everything. These two girls are incredible. They kept me emotionally sane and intact tonight. If they didn’t come to my rescue, tonight would have been much worse for me. As I laid in bed, I realized it was the first time in over four months that I didn’t hear Nick’s heaven sent voice say goodnight to me. I hated not hearing it. I missed his voice. I missed him. I was going to bed upset at Nick for the first time...and I hated every second of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
this post is for Dina [love.all.around] because she just posted the final chapter of her story and it's amazing. so if you didn't read it, you totally should!

Comment&Subscribe :]
xix