‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

That's How I Beat Shaq

Image

Megan's POV

I guess you can say I live for sports, just like Nick lives for music. I will watch any sport, live or on television. I feel the intensity of the game, whether I'm playing or watching. It was the exact feeling I had as Nick and I sat in our front row, courtside seats watching the L.A. Lakers play the Boston Celtics. Nick had been looking forward to this game ever since I gave him the tickets for Christmas.

Nick was rooting for the Lakers, but I was torn. I knew I should be rooting for the Lakers, but I am pretty good friends with Kevin Garnett. We hosted SportsCenter together during ESPN’s celebrity newscaster week. He was supposed to come to the Beijing games, but he had a very important wedding to attend: his own. So I came to the decision to root for the Lakers, and root for K.G.

Nick looked like a little kid in a candy shop. Nick loves the competitive atmosphere. It doesn’t matter what sport it is. It doesn’t matter where the game is. Nick would get pumped up watching a pick up soccer game in the park. The excitement Nick was showing was absolutely contagious.

“Hey Nick, do you remember that song That’s How I Beat Shaq?”

“Of course I do! That Aaron Carter song.”

“Yeah!” I said laughing. “That Shaq banner just reminded me of that song.”

It’s like boom (boom). I put it in the hoop like slam (slam). I heard the crowd screaming out jam (jam). I swear that I’m telling you the fact, ‘cause that’s how I beat Shaq.

“Dude, are you seriously singing Aaron Carter right now?” Zac asked from the other side of Nick. Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were at the game too, sitting right next to us.

“I am absolutely singing Aaron Carter. It’s a great song,” Nick said defensively.

“I remember that song. It definitely was a goodie,” Vanessa agreed.

When halftime came around, the Laker girls did their thing. One of the Laker girls got a microphone and looked at the four us with a suspicious grin.

“Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for four of the hottest teen celebrities in the country right now sitting in the front row, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron, Megan Gibson and Nick Jonas!” The crowd cheered as she walked over to us. “Do you guys want to play a little friendly competition?”

Nick and I looked at each other and smiled. When we hear the word competition, we are immediately in. We didn’t have to say anything to each other. I knew he was all in, as was I. The four of us stood up and walked to the center of the court.

“Alright, you will each have thirty seconds to make as many free throws as you can. After you’ve all gone, Nick and Megan, your scores will be added together. Vanessa and Zac, your scores will be added together. Whoever has the most baskets will win!”

Nick and I smiled at each other again. For once, we’ll be working on the same team, not against each other. Zac and Nick started smack talking. The arena couldn’t hear what they were saying, so all they saw was Vanessa and me cracking up at the ridiculous comments they were saying.

“The lineup is going to be Zac, Nick, Vanessa, and Megan.” Zac stepped up to the line with the Laker girl following him. “So Zac, how many do you think you’re going to get? Your Troy Bolton Wildcat days will give you quite the advantage.”

“That training will definitely help me out right here. Thirty seconds? I’m not sure. Definitely double digits.”

“Alright! Thirty seconds on the clock. Ready, set, go!” the Laker girl cheered.

Zac ended up getting twelve. Nick went next and got ten. When Vanessa went, she only got four. It was all up to me. I had to get six to tie and seven to win. I used to play basketball, so I was confident.

“Alright Megan. Ready, set, go!” I grabbed the first ball and threw it up. Swish. I swished the next four and then missed two. I had only twelve seconds left and I needed two more. My next shot hit the backboard and banked in. Nick and I were now tied with Zanessa, but Megan Gibson never settles for a tie. With four seconds left, I threw up my last shot. Swish.

The crowd cheered. Nick came over to me, picked me up, and spun me around. Flashes were going off left and right. No doubt this is going to be in the news and tabloids tomorrow.

The four of us went back to our seat and enjoyed the rest of the game. The Celtics ended up winning. Nick was unhappy, but I was happy for K.G. After the game ended, Nick and I hung around in our seats for a little bit. As the players started leaving the court, Kevin started walking towards us.

“Well if it isn’t little Megan Gibson herself,” Kevin said.

“Kevin Garnett, how the heck are you?” I asked him. I stood on my tip toes to wrap my arms under his. The height difference between us always makes me laugh.

“I’m pretty good, kid. I love winning. I’m sure you know the feeling,” Kevin said laughing.

“Absolutely. Kevin, this is my boyfriend, Nick.”

“I know. I don’t live under a rock, Megan. Nice to meet you, Nick. My niece is a huge fan.”

“It’s an honor to meet you, Mr. Garnett. You played a very good game tonight.”

“Thank you very much, but please, call me Kevin!”

“Sorry, Kevin,” Nick corrected himself.

“So how are things going? How’s your wife?”

“Mrs. Garnett is amazing. We’re very happy. Life is great. What about you? How are things?”

“Things are great for me too,” I said, smiling at Nick.

“Oh, my niece is also a fan of that Miley girl. I read those comments she made about you a while back. I was actually angry. What’d you do to deserve those comments?”

“She started dating me,” Nick said, jokingly. Kevin looked confused.

“Miley is like, in love with Nick. So she was mad at me because I snagged him first.”

“Jealousy can be a killer. Well, I better go hit the shower. We’re going back to Boston tonight.”

“Well have a safe trip back and it was great seeing you again!” I said, giving Kevin a hug.

“You too, kid. Nice meeting you, Nick. Take care of this girl here. She’s great.”

“I know she is. I will do that,” Nick said, putting his arm around my neck.

“See ya soon,” Kevin said, heading towards the locker room.

I looked at Nick. Nick’s eyes were following Kevin out of the arena. When Kevin finally disappeared, Nick looked back at me. He quickly leaned in and connected his lips to mine. When he pulled away, he smiled.

“Mm, what was that for?”

“I can’t just kiss my girlfriend?” Nick said, shocked.

“You can kiss me whenever you want, mister.”

“Good. Oh, and it was for introducing me to Kevin Garnett!”

“I knew there was a reason!” I said laughing.

Nick intertwined our fingers and we walked out of the arena. We met up with Big Rob and found the car that was waiting for us. Nick opened the door and motioned for me to go in first. After Nick was in, he shut the door and we ended a very enjoyable night.
♠ ♠ ♠
completely random, but fun.
haha. hope it's not too out there for ya.

comment :)