‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Pictures of You, Pictures of Me

Image

Megan's POV

“Well hello there, Megan Rose,” Joe said, opening the front door of the Jonas house.

“Hello yourself, Joseph Adam,” I replied. I stepped inside as Joe gave me a one armed hug, his other hand still holding onto the door.

“How are you, my sistah?” Joe asked, in a silly voice.

“Pretty good my brothah,” I said, imitating his odd behavior.

“Pamela is in the living room.”

Surprised, I let go of Joe and ran to the living room. I hadn’t seen Pamela in days. Pamela was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine.

“Pam!”

“Oh hey Meg! How are you?” She asked, standing up to give me a hug. I heard Joe head to the kitchen followed by the refrigerator door opening. Surprise, surprise.

“Great, thanks. How are you?”

“Phenomenal, Joe and I became official today,” she stated quietly, as if she’d be embarrassed if Joe heard her.

“Oh my gosh! How adorable! It’s about time!”

On cue, Joe walked into the room with a bowl of applesauce. He placed it on the table as he embraced Pamela in a hug from behind.

“I assume you heard,” Joe smirked.

“Yes I did. I’m so happy for you both!”

“Thank you for introducing me to her,” Joe said, into Pamela’s neck. Pamela laughed as her cheeks turned red. “And Nick is upstairs. I think he fell asleep. Otherwise he would have been down here when the doorbell rang. So go wake him up.”

“Oh, my pleasure.” On my way out, I grabbed Joe’s bowl of applesauce.

“Hey!” Joe yelled in my direction. I smirked by didn’t respond as I walked to the stairs.

When I reached the top, I slowly opened the second door on my left. Joe was right. Nick was asleep on his stomach with his arms under his pillow. I smiled at how adorable he looked. His peacefulness made me feel bad for what I was about to do. With my applesauce still in hand, I laid down on top of Nick’s back.

“Not now Frank, let me nap before Megan gets here,” Nick groaned, barely audible.

“Megan is already here,” I responded laughing. Nick’s head shot up.

“What the—hey!”

“Hello sleeping beauty! I’m glad to see that my weight is comparable to Frankie’s. I’m going to take it as a compliment.”

“You should. What time is it?" Nick asked, rubbing his eyes.

"5:53, my dear," I replied.

"When did you get here?”

“Five minutes ago. I was talking to Pamela and she was telling me how she and Joe are now official. Then Joe came in, told me you were sleeping, I stole his applesauce, and now I’m laying on you.”

“Applesauce? Where?” Nick said.

“All you got out of that sentence was applesauce? I said Joe and Pamela are official!”

“I heard you. That’s great. I’ll congratulate them when I see them, but for right now, applesauce?” Nick said, eying my bowl. I put it by his face, showing him that I had it. He stuck his tongue out into the bowl, and scooped some into his mouth.

“Nick!” I exclaimed.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“That was gross. You looked like Pele eating Kibbles and Bits.”

“Did you just compare me to your golden retriever?”

“Did you just see what you did?”

“No, I couldn’t see it,” Nick said sarcastically.

“I like this applesauce more than you right now,” I said, rolling off of him into my back.

“No baby, come back.” Nick tried pleading with me, but I pretended that I wouldn’t have it.

I grabbed my spoon and dipped it into the applesauce. Looking at Nick to make sure he was watching, which he was, I put the spoon slowly into my mouth. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nick’s eyes focus harder on my mouth as I licked all the applesauce off the spoon.

“You are so…” Nick stopped.

“So what, Nicholas?”

Hot.” I laughed, putting my bowl on Nick’s nightstand.

“I want more. That tasted so good,” I stated.

“I’ll give you something else to taste,” Nick said, rolling on top of me.

Seconds after he connected his lips to mine, he ran his tongue along my bottom lip. I knew the spoon trick would work. I opened my mouth, allowing him to progress with his plan. I barely had to do any work. Nick was happy taking control, so I let him. My hands found their way into the depths of Nick’s curls. As the intensity increased, Nick pulled away for some air.

“I love you so much,” he said, before picking up exactly where he left off. He didn’t even give me time to say it back.

Nick’s POV

“I love you so much,” I said to Megan, before kissing her again.

I didn’t give her time to respond. I knew she was going to say it back, so why waste time? As my tongue grazed hers, I heard a scream from downstairs.

“MEGAN! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! IT’S URGENT!” It was Pamela. What does she want and why does she want it right now? Megan pulled away and I groaned.

“Let’s just go see what she wants. We can continue later, deal?” she asked, kissing me lightly and lingering her mouth by mine, making me want to claim her lips, right then and right there.

“I’m marking your words on that,” I said, rolling off Megan with frustration.

Megan jumped off the bed, helped me up, and darted out of the room. I followed Megan into the living room, where Joe and Pamela were sitting, looking at Joe’s laptop.

“Megan, I just got an email from my boss. He wants me to write an urgent article for the website. Apparently, we received pictures directly from Miley’s rep of you and some guy hugging. Miley is claiming you are cheating on Nick.”

The word cheating made my stomach flip. There is no way that is true. There had to be an explanation. I saw Megan tense up. She looked at me innocently, nervous that I was going to blow up again like last time. Confusion took over her beautiful eyes.

“Nick, I’m not cheating on you.”

“I know, sweetie. This is just a misunderstanding,” I said, pulling her close to my body. “Do you have the pictures?” I asked Pamela.

“I’m waiting for them. I should be getting them within the next minute.”

The four of us remained silent, staring at the computer screen. After a minute, a new message appeared in Pamela’s inbox. Joe got up from the couch and Megan sat down, to get a better view of the computer screen. I was nervous to see who Megan was in the picture with, but I completely trusted her. Why shouldn’t I?

Pamela opened the picture. The silence was more awkward than before as we all waited for the picture to fully load. When it popped up on the screen, I sighed in relief. Megan, Joe, and I all began to laugh.

“Who is that?” Pamela asked Megan.

“That’s my older brother, Mike!”

“This is what we call a strike out,” Joe joked.

“I wonder what would happen if I wrote the article saying that Miley tried to bash you, but I already had a proven source that it’s your brother. Be right back.” Pamela stood up and left the room.

“What’s she doing?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know,” Joe replied. I sat down where Pamela was sitting and placed my hand on Megan’s knee. I noticed Megan’s beauty as I scrolled through the rest of the pictures.

“You look great in these pictures, by the way.”

“Thanks. What is crazy to me is that I had lunch with Mike like, two hours ago.”

“She is pathetic. I seriously want to get in her face and be like, back the hell off.”

“Woah there, Nick. Calm down,” Joe said, trying to sooth me.

“I’m sorry, but I really am sick of this girl trying to mess with my life. With our lives. It’s uncalled for and it’s obnoxious.”

“Nick, it’s okay,” Megan said, rubbing my back. “She’s got nothing on us. Even if she did, things would still be fine. I don’t care what this girl says. I have you and she doesn’t. Let her deal with it the only way she can. You can’t let her get to you. You know she’s going to continue on with this crap, so we need to accept it and move on. Let’s move on. Together.”

She leaned in and placed a light kiss on my temple. “Inseparable, remember?” she whispered in my ear.

I couldn’t help but smile. I love this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title song credit: "Pictures of You" by The Last Goodbye..great song :)

i like this chapter!
comments?