‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Kevin's Girl

Image

Megan's POV

After a huge reunion with the rest of the Jonas family, Joe, Kevin, Nick, and I went into the family room. Kevin sat on the chair and Joe, Nick, and I were on the couch. I sat in the middle with my shoulders and head on Nick’s chest. I put my feet on Joe’s lap. It was too tempting. It's not my fault the Jonas boys are comfortable.

“Excuse me,” Joe said, referring to the fact that I was using him as a foot rest.

“Joe, you should currently feel honored. Those two feet on your leg right now got the United States a gold medal.”

“Touche, Megan Gibson. I am here to serve, oh talented one.” I laughed at him.

“So what are you two up to tonight?” Kevin asked.

“Not sure yet. What are you up to tonight?” I asked Kevin in return.

“Well Dina is stopping by and she really wants to meet you,” Kevin told me.

Dina is the girl Kevin recently started seeing. Apparently they’ve been tight friends since the Jonas’ New Jersey days and now she lives out here in L.A. too. But just recently, they went out on a dinner date. The date was intended to be strictly friendly, but things turned out unexpectedly and now they couldn't be happier.

“Nick, are we doing anything?”

“I didn’t plan anything. We can hang out with them.”

“Excellent! I am excited,” I said with a smile.

“I’ll hang out with Frankie. I’m not in a fifth wheel kind of mood,” Joe said sadly.

“Aww, poor Joe!” I said, jumping off Nick and engulfing Joe in a hug. Nick looked hurt that I left him. When I noticed the sadness in Nick's face, I went back to him and engulfed him in a larger hug. Happiness rushed back to his face.

An hour later, Nick and I were in his room unpacking his clothes. I was separating his darks and his lights into piles on the bed until I felt arms snake around my waist. Nick began to kiss my shoulder and made his way up my neck with his lips.

“I’ve missed this so much,” Nick whispered into my ear. The tone of his voice sent chills throughout my body. Nick kissed up my jaw line and finally put his lips onto mine. Every time I think our kisses can’t get more passionate, they do. They say distance makes reunions better, and this is pure proof.

Things were perfect until there was a knock on Nick’s door. Nick pulled away and groaned with frustration. He went to open the door and I continued to separate his clothes. I heard the door open but didn’t bother to look up.

“Kevin wanted me to let you know Dina is here. Dude, is Megan seriously doing your laundry, Nick? Come on bro, even I know that’s not right.”

“I was doing it with her until you interrupted.”

“Haha, that sounds wrong,” Joe said laughing.

“Jeeze Joe, get your head out of the gutter and get out of my room!” Nick said, shutting the door. “Did I tell you how excited I am for tomorrow?” Nick asked me. Tomorrow, Nick and I are doing the article with Pamela Sanders from People.

“I am so excited too! It’s gonna be loads of fun.”

“And you’re coming with me to the Disney Christmas party on Monday, right?”

“Yes. Remember I told you I bought a dress?”

“Oh you did tell me. I forgot. Shall we go downstairs?” I nodded. I grabbed Nick’s hand and we walked down downstairs. Nick walked to the kitchen to grab a Diet Coke and I went to the family room.

“Hey Meg,” Kevin said with a smile. A girl stood up and turned around to face me. Her dark brown hair contrasted her tan complexion. Dina is a gorgeous girl and just by looking at her, I could tell she is a very sweet and caring person. Atta boy, Kevin!

“Hi Megan! It’s so nice to meet you! Nick has told me so much about you!” Dina said, leaning in to hug me.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you too! I have heard about you from Kevin as well!”

When Nick walked in, he gave Dina a hug. Nick came behind me and pressed his body against mine. He put his arms around my stomach, his hands meeting each other over my belly button. I smiled and put my hands on top of his.

“You two are even cuter in person,” Dina said. Nick and I smiled at her.

“Boys!” Denise called from the kitchen. “Can you help me with these groceries?” The boys left the family room leaving me with Dina.

“We’re so lucky. We’re dating really great guys,” Dina said.

“I know right? Life is good!” I smiled.

Dina and I got to know each other while Kevin and Nick put groceries away for Denise. They refused to let us help, so we stayed on the couch in the family room. Dina is one of the most down to earth girls I have ever met. We instantly clicked and I can not wait to spend more time with her.

When the boys were finished, the four of us went downstairs. I felt bad for Joe. He was playing Halo with Frankie, but I wish he had a girl so he could be down here with us. I think it’s time for me to play matchmaker! But with who?

I decided to think about that later. I cuddled up with Nick while Dina cuddled with Kevin and we watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, one of my absolute favorites.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Kevin's found himself a girl!
Dina [love.all.around] is awesome. Hands down.

Comment&Subscribe:]