Afraid of What You'll Find

Whose Love?

Frank
I turned sharply to see Lorna standing at the entrance to the stables.
“What are you doing?!” She screamed at me. I looked down to see my hands still on Gerard’s waist. I removed them quickly.
“Jesus help us,” I heard Gerard whisper. Lorna came storming up to me.
“I thought you loved me!” She screeched.
“You never loved me! You just wanted someone you could show off to your friends!” I shouted back. Lorna looked shocked at me and slapped me hard across my face. Gerard leapt to my side.
“Get lost, you witch!” He yelled. Lorna didn’t need anymore telling to. She let out a sob and ran back into the house. I felt my face. There was a small wound and it was bleeding. Gerard took off his tie and began to dab at my face with it. I winced in pain.
“I’m sorry, but we need to clean it, Frankie,” He said. Gerard took my hand and took me to the house where he cleaned my cut in the kitchen.
“I love you Frankie,” He said. Frankie, I thought, I like that nickname.
“I love you too, Gee,” I smiled.

Later, 6:30
Frank
Gerard and I sat down at the table in the dining room in silence. Bob and Ray were chatting quietly. It was nice to see that Bob and Ray found each other and it was obvious they were going to be best friends. I heard giggling from the next room and saw Lorna and Mikey laughing to each other as they walked in. They’re holding hands, I thought to myself. They stopped laughing abruptly when they saw Gerard and me and sat down next to each other on the opposite side of the table. They whispered into each other’s ears and began to giggle again.
“I heard you and Frank had a nice time today,” Mikey said to Gerard innocently. Gerard said nothing but gave a deathly stare to Mikey, making Mikey’s cheeks go red despite his best efforts to disguise it. Everybody ate their dinner in complete and utter silence. The dinner looked delicious, but I could hardly taste it.
“Could I talk to you for a minute or two, Gerard?” Mikey said when dinner was finished.
“Of course,” Said Gerard and led the way into the next room, the living room. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I became more and more sceptical every minute they were in there.
“Why don’t you go in there,” Lorna said, “They should have finished talking by now.”
I considered it. Soon I couldn’t take much more of the waiting and opened the door of the living room...

Gerard
“So what did you want to tell me?” I asked sharply as Mikey closed the door.
“I don’t know why you’re so angry with me,” Mikey said innocently, “I actually wanted to apologise.”
“Apologise?” I said doubtfully.
“Yes. I’ve been an ignorant person recently and I wanted to apologise for my unacceptable actions. I’m just happy you’ve found someone you love,” He smiled. I smiled back. For once everything was going right. He pulled me close into a hug and I hugged him back. We drew back and smiled at each other, my hair covering our faces.
“Hey Gerard I was just wondering if...”
I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around to see Frank looking at us wide-eyed and wearing a look of surprise. I looked at myself. I was holding Mikey’s hands and he was hugging me close. I realised what he must have thought of us.
“You’re sick!” He spat at us.
“No Frankie! It’s not what it looks like!” I pleaded.
“You’re in love with your brother, aren’t you?! You’re sick! I wish I never loved you!” He screamed. I looked at Mikey. He had a satisfied look on his face. I stepped away. He set me up. He and Lorna had set me up. Frank turned and ran. I grabbed his shirt.
“I am not in love with my brother. I love you and only you,” I said to him.
“Get your filthy hands off me,” Frank hissed at me. I whipped my hands away as if he was red hot.
“Please Frank. Please believe me.”
Frank gave me yet another glare which ripped my heart open. Without another word he ran up the stairs.
“How could you do this to me?!” I said to Mikey,
“Quite easily, actually,” He grinned darkly. I punched him hard in the face and he keeled over from the pain. I ran up the stairs only to find my clothes and bag outside my room. That night I stayed in Bob’s room, trying to think up ways of getting Frank back.

Frank
I couldn’t believe what I saw. Gerard loved his brother?! Never in a million years would I have believed that. I also knew for a fact that I would never forget it, even if I lived to be five hundred. I felt my heart officially break into a thousand pieces, my heart felt so shattered that you could pass the pieces through the eye of a needle. I threw Gerard’s things outside our, or my, room. I lay down on my bed and began to cry when I found something in my pocket. It was Gerard’s tie. I must have put it in my pocket when I was cleaning Gerard’s cut. It smelt of him. I tossed it across the room; it hit the wall and slid down it and into my bag. I began to cry like I’d never cried before and punched my pillow. I missed the pillow in my rage and punched the wall. My knuckles began to bleed and it hurt like blazes; I cried even harder. Half-way through the night, when I had awoken briefly from my deep sleep, I wondered for once whether Gerard was actually telling the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN.

More to come tomorrow.

=]

GO CMNT.