Your Disenchanted Words And Looks.

Chapter One

Gerard studied Frankie from across the room. There was something missing about those optimistic uplifting hazel eyes and his cheery manner. He was sitting on the floor of the living room, hugging his knees close. Gerard could have sworn he saw tears. Or maybe, he had felt his own.

"So, you're not gonna talk about this are you?" Mikey stood with Ray and Bob behind their old television. Ray and Bob exchanged a tired look and sighed. It was pointless to stick around.

"Well, we've got to practice. We have a band to think about." They left leaving Mikey behind.

"Fine, I'll go too. Just try to talk, k?" Mikey waited for a nod from either Gerard or Frankie. It came from Gerard. He was determined to do something but wasn't really sure about how to do it. Mikey gave him a small smile and ran to catch up to the other guys. The living room now seemed like a vacant and depressing prison.

Damn, Gerard thought as he heard Frankie begin to sob. He had buried his head in his knees and was uncontrollably shaking. Gerard wanted to hold him, to feel him close. He wanted to tell him it was going to be okay, but he wasn't so sure about that himself. What if they were never meant to be together? It hadn't worked the first time or come to think about it, it hadn't the second time either. The third time would be pushing it too much. They couldn't bear stand another heartbreak, another empty night alone, another broken smile across the room.

"B-b-baby." Gerard had to force that word out. He hadn't called Frankie "baby" in a month. The word felt meaningless already. Frankie choked on tears as he whispered, "Shit." He noticed that it would never be the same. All the sweet names in the world couldn't make it right again.

Someone's phone rang 'Helena'. Frankie looked up and saw the phone on the table in front of him, "Shit." he mumbled again. Gerard stood warily, trying not to seem weak or afraid. His dragging steps nearly tripped on an old used pack of guitar strings.

From my baby's guitar... he couldn't help but smile at the thought. He had bought him that pack in the middle of the night when Frankie had a "sudden urge" to just play. It turned out to be one of his songs that he had written for him. Well, almost. It was the song 'Shut Up And Play', only that he added more words and made it a little more mellow. Gerard was stunned and extremely happy that week.

"H-hello?" he still didn't have all of his voice back. But his expressions were still alive. His eyebrows raised and then lowered as his eyes sparkled with tears and impact. "What?! I'll be right over." He threw his phone on the couch and collapsed on the floor. "Oh God..." he breathed over and over. Frankie looked up, alarmed. He needed to know what was happening.

"Gee, what's wrong? Gee!" Frank now stood over Gerard, shaking him hard. Gerard looked up. His green eyes showed such deep pain and anger.

"It's..." the final stage. Gerard's sudden crash and burn had gone too far. He cried hysterically, more tears than Frank had ever seen.

"Gerard, it's not... no. Answer me! Not Mikey again!" Frank stared at him until Gerard finally gave a weak nod. The beginning of the end was never good. Mostly when it started with disease.