Your Disenchanted Words And Looks.

Chapter Two

The doctor's words rang in Gerard's ears, loud and clear. Maybe it's too late, maybe not, he needs to know either way. He rolled the car window down and stared at the empty streets. Night had fallen quietly, hiding until just that unexpected moment. But that moment had made Gerard's life a real, true living hell.

I wish I could help him, but how? How can I tell him I do care. How can I make him see my pain as clear as his? Frankie nearly missed the exit thinking about this. It was driving him insane. They had been through this together but now, Gerard was left to go through it alone.

"We're here." Frank whispered as his two hands were firm against the steering wheel. He was looking outside as well but his gentle flowing eyes stopped on Gerard. He usually needed dark eyeliner and eye shadow to look respectable at shows. This time, it was all natural except a few stains of artificial tears outlining his grief.

"Yeah, I know. I just... I don't know." again, he broke down right there and then. A fist hit the car door in anger. "Why him, huh? Why not me instead?"

"Gee!" Frank had to keep his voice from rising, "Gerard, don't say that. You never know, maybe he'll be okay."

"But what if he isn't? What if it's already too late? He could go at any moment." Gerard didn't want to use the word 'die' instead. His obsession with death came crashing down on him with such force. Revenge was suddenly misplaced and vague. His weakness had never felt as strong.

"Enough with the 'what ifs'! You'll never know until you tell him the truth. If they don't test him, then maybe it will be too late." Frankie hadn't noticed Gerard's intense stare. It wasn't full of love or sadness, but strangely, it was anger. He opened the car door and slammed it shut as he ran off towards the front of the hospital. Frankie followed not far behind. When he was near enough, he took Gerard's arm and stopped him. His breathing was deep and uneasy.

"Damnit Frank, let me go."

"Not until you admit it's true. You hate me."

"What?" Gerard calmed down a bit and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Come on, admit it, you hate me. Ever since the start. You never wanted me in the band and you never did love me. It was all a lie. All a fucking stupid lie like what you're doing to Mikey!"

"I don't hate you!" Gerard pulled Frankie close. Their eyes met in a passionate gaze. Gerard barely breathed, "If I hated you, would I do this?" His fingertips dug deep into his waist before pushing his thin lips against Frankie's. The unexpected kiss made Frankie's heart race like the first time. He closed his eyes and let himself sink into that burning instant. His arms slowly moved around Gerard's neck. Everything was the way it should be, finally. The only mistake was letting the upsetting thoughts of Mikey and death mix together in an unpredicted distress.