From the Start, It Was the Beginning

One.

(3 Years Later;)

4:00, a.m.
The light turned on from the hallway, and Caleb was woken from the door sqeeking open, and the sound of small feed thumping across the wooden floor and over to the bed.
"Daddy, daddy!" Caydence whispered in Calebs face, as she pushed him back in forth. Even though he was awake, his eyes were closed, pretending to sleep.
"Daddy!" She yelled now.
Caleb opened his eyes. "Whats wrong, baby?"
"Daddy, I had a scary dream, and I can't go back to sleep."
Caleb pulled the covers off himself, and sat up from the bed. "Let's go downstairs and talk, so we don't wake mommy." he grabbed Caydences hand, and they began walking downstairs.
As they got down to the kitchen, Caleb picked up Caydence and sat her small body on the counter. "How about some warm milk? That always helps me sleep."
"I want some ice-cweame."
Caleb laughed. "It's too late- I mean early for icecream, Caydence."
"But Uncle Austin always lets me have ice-cweame when I can't sleep."
"Well then I'll have to talk to Uncle Austin about that." Caleb said, as he poured milk into two cups, and put them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
As the timer went off, Caleb grapped the two warm plastic cups. "Here, kiddo." he handed one to Caydence. "So, tell me about this dream." Caleb said, after taking a drink of his milk.

"It was scary, Daddy." Caydence has a pout face on.
"What happened?" Caleb kneeled his body lower to the counter Caydence sat on, and propped his elbow up, resting his head in his hand.
"Someone tried to take me from you and mommy! And then a mean, scary lion broke into our house and helped!" Caydence's blue eye got big.
Caleb laughed at his daughter.
"Daddy," Caydence's voice got quieter, "does that mean someone is going to steal me?" he lips were pouty again.
Caleb reached his hand up to Caydence, and moved her lightly curled blonde hair out of her eyes. "Of course not."
"Then why do people say dreams come true?"
"Well, people say their dreams come true because something they have always wanted to happen, has happened, or something they've wished for their whole life."
"So a lion won't come steal me?"
"No, baby. I promise." he smiled.
"Good, because I don't ever want to get stolen away."
Caleb laughed. "You tired yet?"
Caydence shook her head, 'no.'
"Really? You must be tough, because I'm about to fall backwards and sleep."
"Daddy!" Caydence laughed in excitement.
"What?" he laughed. "I'm only kidding. Let's go watch a movie, come on." he grabbed Caydence off the counter, and carried her into the dark living room, and lay her down on the couch. Caleb turned on a mini lamp, and walked over to a shelf full with DVD's. "What do you want to watch?" he asked her.
"The Lion King!"
"Weren't you just scared of lions a couple minutes ago?"
"Yeah, but daddy, the lion king has nice lions."
Caleb laughed. "They're all nice?"
"Not scar, he's a meany killer!"
As Caleb found the movie, he put it in the DVD player, and turned off the lamp, then walked over to the couch Caydence lay on. He sat down besides where she lay, and threw a cover over her.
"Daddy?"
"Hmmm?" Caleb asnwered, tiredly.
"Are you going to leave me here if I fall asleep?"
"Of course not. I'll be right here when you wake up."

**********

The next morning, I woke up around nine-ish, and noticed Caleb wasn't by my side. I walked out of our bedroom, and downstairs thinking that maybe he would be up by now with Caydence. Of course, when I made it to the living room, I found him and Caydence sleeping on the couch, while Caydence was laying ontop of Calebs stomach. I laughed to myself, and then turned around and made my way to the kitchen. I sighed, seeing that there was a half galon of milk sitting on the kitchen table. I walked over to the table, grabbed the milk, and started pooring it down the sink, since it wouldn't be any good anyway. I turned around from the sink, and gasped from being startled at I seen Caydence standing there.

"Morning, sleepy head." I smiled.
"I'm hungry."
"Are you?"
She nodded her head, 'yes'.
"Hmm..Do you want to help me cook breakfest? We can surprise daddy."
"Yeah!" she shouted.
I bent down on my knees, facing Caydence, and whispered. "But we have to be quiet, okay?" I kissed her nose.
"Okay." she whispered back.
"So, what shall we make?"
"French toast!"
I laughed. "French toast it is."
"Good, because I'm going to help make them extra yummy. Daddy will be so happy, won't he mommy?"
"Of course he will, sweety."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
:D