Celebration of any Kind

Chaper 2

"The world is filled with crazy! It's insane, it's to much for us to wrap our minds around." The shaggy looking man said in a dangerous whisper. He was emerging from an ally as Marcy took her first turn onto Axil street. The man wore a worried look across his face, and he had a white garbage bag slung over his shoulder as if it were a top coat. Marcy took a deep breath and choked back any thoughts of her father and the business persona in which he wore casually during his work hours. He wore it so casually that if you'd only meet him on the job you wouldn't have recognized him as he embraced his wife for a welcome home kiss after a long day or during a family drive on Sundays after church. You wouldn't have recognized Marcy's father at two a.m. as he scrapped up change for baby formula and drove around town looking for a super market that was open 24/7, or as he fished on the edge of the river with his good friends from childhood.

Marcy bite her bottom lip as depressing memories such as these flooded into her stream of thoughts and took a hold.

"Excuse me. Miss?" The shaggy man asked. Marcy kept walking.

"Miss? Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you. I'm just looking for a few dollars, I mean if you could spare it and all. I'm looking to go visit my Grandmother, she's just a few camps north." Marcy reached inside her jacket pocket looking for the pepper spray she'd forgotten by some sort of fate on this particular day.

The shaggy man was now walking behind her trying to keep up despite the bad limp which controlled his right leg.

Marcy stopped. "Look I'm sorry," She said patting her coat pocket to show they were empty. "I don't have any money." She felt a pang of guilt as the man grabbed his right leg in pain and stopped walking toward her.

"I'm sorry to a bothered ya miss, have a good day now." He whispered retreating back into the ally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please feel free to leave a comment good or bad. I'm open to absolutely any advice or criticism.