Celebration of any Kind

Chapter 4

As the unfamiliar name brand watch around Vel's wrist started to vibrate violently, she woke up. 5:01 am, it read.

Looking around, mostly in Story's direction. Vel concluded she was still deep in the land of dreams.

Good, Vel thought to herself.

Heading for the kitchen as quietly as her petite body possibly could she noticed Story's set of keys hanging on the out of place tac beside the front door. Not in a pocket, or even protected by the grip of a strong hand belonging to either of her sisters. The keys tempted her.
Story once talked about how much she wished to become a Montiepel. Story went on about how their life could have been different, she would smile in her sleep even. She had spent the first part of the most recent years being optimistic. Not so much anymore. Shes more of a mute when it comes to her thoughts and feelings, it gets tiring to talk of them when nobody is listening. Nobody could blame her, their was nobody to blame but the Montiepels themselves. Maybe sometimes it's better to keep thoughts such as those to yourself, because then nobody knows that you think them. It makes it easier to pretend to be content. There is nothing wrong with pretending, it's something everybody is learning to do lately.

Vel held her breath so she could walk past the keys without picking them up and throwing them out the window, so this would all be over.

A tall thin lady was standing in the kitchen. She was dressed in all black. The lady looked Carmen Electra or a vampire exicutionist. Her hair was long straight and white. She was so pale Vel at first thought she glowed a little bit standing in the shadowy apartment building. Her features were partly visible every time headlights shone in from the near empty road outside. Every part of this mysterious lady was perfect. Her lips were full and her teeth were white, her face was kind and her eyes were seemingly overly sized yet innocent looking. In that bright shade of violet, they glittered. She had long eye lashes, they fluttered a few times as I walked a step closer. Vel remembered how Story used to envy Marcy's beauty, and she winced, feeling as if by meeting with my oldest sister she was betraying my closest sister.
"Good morning." Marcy announced grinning. Her voice was smooth and lively.
Everything was going to be okay. Marcy was going to be sure of that. This is what happens every time Marcy speaks, you get weak at her knees and listen. Macy's voice is so smooth, she had way of drawing you in with every word she speaks and every glance she gives. It's like silk is pouring through her mouth and kindness through her eyes. Marcy used to have an abnormal amount of energy pumping through her vains. Something was different now, though. Something had changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please feel free to leave a comment good or bad. I'm open to absolutely any advice or criticism.