Beyond The Lies and Tales

Chapter Seven

Jess just stared at Ray and the guys faces with a huge smile on her face. That figure had still been walking, well more like staggering towards Jess, slowly inching her way towards a fight. Slowly realising that something was standing behind her, Jess dropped her face too as a tall figur raised a fist and banged it straight into her nose.

Flying through the air, Ray jumped up off his seat to attend to Jess and maybe even catch her. But by the time he had reached her, she had smacked the floor with a flood. BANG! A scream rang out through the pub and everybody watched in shock. No one could understand how anyone would want to hurt Jess.

Bob got up and pushed this tall figure out of the door, not bothering to tell her there was a step there, so she fell down it backwards. A cheer went round the tables as people saw her stand up. Bob didn't care about her though, all he wanted to do was make sure she went away and never came back to ruin Ray's life again.

Making sure that she was okay, Ray kept apologising over and over again for what had just happened. Jess wasn't bothered about him saying sorry, all she wanted was an apology from her and an answer from Ray- who the hell was that and why the hell did she just punch her? The guys nodded to Ray, as if to say we'll explain and they sat Jess down and began the tale.

This woman was called Luisha and she was from New Jersey. Back when they were in school, Ray had began to date her. Things got a bit out of hand; resulting in Ray being abused by her brother. He wasn't allowed to do anything except hang around with Luisha and her mates. If he went off, her brother would come to find him and acuse him of cheating on her.

The day had come when Ray had had enough of it all and ended it. Luisha wasn't happy, but Ray didn't care and he had his mates behind him. The reason why he had come to the little, quiet, middle of nowhere pub to get away from her and everything back at home. Then when he saw Jess, he had fallen in love. Nothing had gone more perfect than that night (except the shows he played) and nothing was going to ruin it. When Luisha had turned up on the pub's doorstep, everything had fallen apart. Was she going to ever leave him alone?