I'll Be With You Here Until The End

The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You

Author’s POV

Monike groaned as the sunlight passed through her curtains, making her wake up, she rolled on her bed, just to find it empty, she sighed remembering she was the one who didn’t let Zacky stayed with her last night.

Reality hit her hard, today was the day her life would get shattered to pieces, she never counted on this, and she knew she was not strong enough to hurt the man she had loved since she was 5, but she knew she had to do it, for his own good.

She took a quick glance at the clock on her nightstand and it read: 9:00 am, the guys will be leaving soon, she fall of her bed not even finding the strength to stay on her feet, she crawled silently to her bathroom as Ichy followed behind.

She took a quick shower with cold icy water, which snapped her from her zombie trance, she took the first shirt she could find, and some ripped jeans along with some Vans.

As she made her way downstairs, she found Jimmy and Johnny making out on the stairs, she ignored them and just past through, she didn’t look at anything on her way, until she reached the so familiar table that was set between the living room and the kitchen, where the man she called Zee was sitting having a sandwich.

“hey baby” he said standing up and kissing her cheek.

She tried to pull away but it was like her foot were glued to the floor, “ hey” she replied back.

“what’s wrong with her?” Zacky thought as he regained his place in the table.

“ I can’t do it” she kept repeating to herself as she poured a glass of apple juice, she wasn’t hungry, but if she didn’t eat Jimmy would get mad.

Zacky wanted to talk to her, ask her what was wrong, but she wouldn’t talk or even lift her vision from the now empty glass,“nevermind it Zack, you’ll ask her on the road”a little smile appeared at his face as he though he would get to spend everyday with her, making what he loved the most.

The living room was slowly filling with people, berry twins and Danny were there, Papa Gates and his wife, and Matt’s parents as well, she didn’t seemed to notice though.

It was now 10:15 AM and by that time everyone was in the living room, that now seemed to be very small compared with the large crowd that was in there, everyone was talking among themselves, except her, she wouldn’t move and Zacky did notice that.

She finally got the guts, or at least she thought, she walked straight to were Zacky was talking with Brian, “Can I talk with you a minute?” she asked quietly.

“sure thing, be right back Brii” he said and his friend nodded.

Zacky knew something was wrong but he waited patiently until they were in her room, she closed the door behind her, “maybe you would like to take a sit” she suggested.

He did what was told, and waited patiently until her beloved girlfriend said something, but unfortunately, nothing would come out of her mouth.

He was debating himself,“should I ask her or not?”was the question that floated through his mind, he finally decided he will, “you okay baby?”

She sighed and shook her head, still not talking, Zee pat the empty bed next to him, motioning to her to go and sit next to him, and she did.

“want to tell me what’s wrong?” he questioned with hope in his eyes, resting his hand on top of hers.

“just do it Monike”she repeated to herself for the billionth time, “ you know you can tell me anything M” he said.

“ I know” she said talking for the first time since they walked upstairs, “it’s just ... ” she was left out of words.

“don’t worry baby, it would be alright” he said holding her small frame against his chest.

“he doesn’t deserves this”she continue debating with her concience, “ Zack, there’s something I really need to tell you”

“just tell me monkey-doo” he said giving her a reassuring smile and using the nickname he had created for her.

Zack knew deep inside of him, something really bad was about to come, but he swore he would stand with her through good and bad times, and he was not going to break his promise, not to the girl he truly loved.

“We ...” she trailed being unable to continue, she was about to break a heart that was beating in different bodies, but it was just as one.

“yes?” he asked impatiently, but he never knew he would regret asking later.

“We h-h-aa-vee t-too b-br-eea-kk u-upp” she stuttered as her heart fell in pieces.

“What?” the man couldn’t believe what his truly love was telling to him, he’s mind did heard what the girl said, but his heart refused to accept it.

“I’m so sorry Zack” she said with her voice breaking and her body ready to ran.

“but why?” he asked shocked, as the girl’s words played in his mind again and again, he couldn’t believe it.

“just because” she said, she knew if she wanted her plan to worked, she had to hurt Zacky, she set herself free from Zack’s embrace and stood in front of him.

“but ...?” now he was the one trailing, “what happened with forever and always?” he asked his eyes filled with sadness and hurt.

“it’s over Zack” she said aimlessly, her heart was screaming “don’t do it, don’t do it,” but her mind knew it was the best.

“This is a sick joke right? But just so you know it’s not funny” he said.

“it’s not Zack, we’re done, get over it” she spat coldly leaving the room, her head hang low, as she shut the door, but her heart was in pieces as she left the boy sitting in the same bed with his head spinning and his heart shattered.

She didn’t even bothered in going back downstairs, she didn’t say goodbye to anyone, not even Jimmy or his brother, she sat on her bed, in the same place where the boy had been a few minutes ago, some of his fresh tears were marked on the pillow that now laid beside her, but there were not just his tears, there were also hers, she watched the black bus pull from her front door, with tears in her eyes, until it faded away.

It's hard, so hard - it's tearing out my heart
It's hard letting you go.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is it, the final chapter of the story (:
It's an Author's POV so you can catch a better point of view, and the things in white are Monike's & Zee's thoughts.

thanks for the ones who read, to the suscribers and the ones who commented, you really made my day with your comments :D

I already got the sequel and I'm working on the first chapter, it would probably be up someday next week.

Credit for the title goes to: Cancer - MCR
and for the last lines: Bon Jovi - (It's Hard) Letting You Go.

Thank You!