Status: Done!

Rules on Relationships

#0.2: What to do?

"I'm not really sure..."

Hah, of course not, Fulton asked me how on Earth I'm going to ask out the Swimmer.
It's been about two weeks since my Birthday. Two weeks since I agreed to do this stupid job and I even agreed to the fact I'd try it out on the Swimmer. I didn't have a choice really, Fulton said I had to hurry, he even called all the way from NYC to tell me how stupid I was to not make a move, if both my Parents were here, they wouldn't agree to this bull-crap.

Stupidly enough, I prowled around at the local girls for some ideas, well technically it wasn't intentional, I was just in the right place at the right time.
And basically I just noted it down.
Well for my book really.

***

Tip One: Through SMS?

Last Wednesday

"Oh my God! I got his number!"

Pft. Dumb girl.
Stefanie Maier, she was one of those cheerleaders or whatever they are, and for some reason - the order of relationships, a cheerleader, and only a cheerleader can date the Quarterback or some Sports Captain.
In that case, Stefanie bimbo got Jared the Quarterback's number.
Whoop-tee-doo.

"What should I do?"
"Text!"

I'm surrounded by idiots on one long library table, who couldn't hear them?
"Text!" She exclaimed as she pressed her fingers against the buttons of her black phone, quite fast. Basically, I got fed up and wandered off to return a book, and to my damn luck. I found Jared-dumb shit.

"She's text!"

Everyone's so loud!

"What you goin' to do?"
"I don't like her though?"

That's pretty crushing.
I noticed him crush the buttons of his phone before I quickly returned to my table to pack up, at the same time I found Stefanie tearing away notes and papers as she sulked herself around her little groupie.
Big Drama Queen.

But seriously, SMS? Out of my option!

***

Tip Two: Through a NOTE?

Last Thursday

Day after day, at least one person is asking someone out to a date, some rejected and some accepted. Couples everyday huh?
Why can't I do mine right? I mean he's just a guy, I don't like him, I don't even know him. Why is it so complicated?
Wait, why do I have to make it complicated?

It's like, the most easiest thing to do is also the most complicated.

I worked in an ice-cream parlor for some extra cash during my spare time in Ann Arbor, I moved here just last year with my best friend, Lia, who worked here too. Yet, on that day she was away, so I worked double time to take over. But apparently, Lia was the local cupid amongst the local women, and I was mistaken to be her.

"Can you give this to the bar boy?"

Jesse?
Hah.

"Sure." I tried to hold a chuckled as I walked calmly to the ice-cream scooper, Jesse, and tossed him the note - it's obviously got something to do about a date. Ah High School, who couldn't forget?
I leaned against the counter to try and read, but Jesse yanked it away and began to snicker, which confused me, he scribbled a few words and tossed it back with a glare, as if I would ever read something sick and perverted, especially when it came from Jesse.

"Here." I arrived and tossed it to her table before I wandered off to another table to give a child her little strawberry milkshake, I wondered what Jesse wrote. With the black ink that seeped through, it seemed that he actually said yes.

This could work.

Ah well, no.
It made me sick when I turned and the man whore wrapped himself around the woman and the two made out behind the counter, I felt rather disgusted and shook my head in disgust at the sight of some parents covering the eyes of their children.

Funny.

But because of Jesse, it's crossed out of my list.
Definitely.

"I've run out of ideas..."

Last Friday

What I saw on Thursday?
Well it whacked me off my comfort zone and couldn't think of anything else to do, Fulton gave me a week to ask him out, but you see, it ain't that simple. I even told Lia, she seemed to have taken it wrongly and got me into a lecture in which I began to panic.

Stupid book.
Stupid Fulton.
What do I do?

I was thinking and looking at the wrong places, those two were what came to my mind, there were more but I had no proof to actually see if it worked. What if I screwed up more than Stefanie? Or what?
And because of what Lia said to me, well I tripped and scraped my right arm on the concrete and dragged myself all the way to the infirmary area, annoying as it seemed to have blood dribble down my arm, I had other things in mind - "Clumsy ass..."

"Pardon?"

I looked up and slightly jumped back against the wall, it ached but I didn't know I would expect to see him around here. "Oh not you."

"You okay there?"

I pushed myself off the wall and stared a my bleeding arm before I looked back at him, my body went numb. Didn't see that coming... "My jacket ripped," - out of all things to say?
"Let me help you with that, the nurse is kind of busy." He added with a small smile as he took a few bandages from the shelf and walked over.

"How do you know that?"
"My friend dislocated a shoulder."
"Oh..." I blinked blankly as he began to cleanse my wound, I was just sitting there, thinking of what to say to him, my opportunity was right there but it came at the wrong time - when I wasn't even ready.

"There you go," He ended as he stood up, I kind of felt bad since I would have to use him for my book, I slightly rubbed the back of my neck with a quiet moment before I sighed and finally thanked him. That's a first thing to do, right? Since he helped me with my arm.
Though I planned to leave, he stretched his arm and introduced himself - "I'm Michael Phelps by the way."

"Roxanne Miller," I responded quickly and shook his hand, though my grip wasn't as firm as his, i could tell that he was really into working out, especially since he ended up in the Olympics last year in Athens, just 7 gold, that's good enough.

"I've seen you around a lot."

Whoa, where'd that come from?

"Kind of heard some stuff from Lia too."

Lia... My best friend, Lia?

"Derek's girl, she said you're not too bad compared to how Derek said it."

Damn Swimmers. Lia and Derek, the swimming couple of the year, and she talks about me. Bitch.

"And I sort of need fun. You free tomorrow?"
"Yeah..?"
"There's that carnival Lia talked about, and she said you're going with her and Derek, want to go with me instead?"
"Okay..?"
"Cool, uh, I'll tell Lia."

Double date? Was it all planned? Dammit Lia!

"Uh okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I slightly waved and walked out, once the door shut I shook my head and muttered, "The most easiest thing to do is also the most complicated."
Yet why didn't I think about it before?

Tip Three: Just ASK
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's long...
I need this part, probably the chapters after this wouldn't be as long as this.

I'm worried that no one would read this though. {{The story}}