Status: Done!

Rules on Relationships

TEASER: Press Conference

2008 Summer Olympics - Beijing, China

"With so many people saying it couldn't be done, all it takes is an imagination," Michael Phelps said after realizing he had set the new medals record. "There are so many emotions going through my head and so much excitement. I kind of just want to see my Mom."

Everyone was staring so intently at the Swimmer with the 8 Gold Medals under his belt, and at 23 years old, he wasn't going to stop there.

"Without the help of my team-mates this isn't possible," he continued. "I was able to be a part of three relays and we were able to put up a solid team effort and we came together as one unit. For the three Olympics I've been a part of, this is by far the closest men's team that we've ever had. I didn't know everybody coming into this Olympics, but I feel going out I know every single person very well. The team that we had is the difference."

A reporter raised his hand. "Do you have any other plans that you have before the 2012 London Olympics?" He asked with his pen and paper at hand.

"I plan to train hard for the next Olympics, but the only difference between this Olympics and London is that I won't be bringing my girlfriend along, I would probably bring my wife along." Michael laughed as he stood from his seat and thanked everyone, the entire room flashed, arms were raised about and journalists talking over one another. It wasn't even a joke, he seemed serious too.

Where was I amongst all this mess?

I was at home in Ann Arbor, snoring and having no care in the world on what he just did.
I went with Michael Phelps to the Beijing Olympics, but I went home a week earlier than he did because he had to go to London to promote and do whatever Michael Phelps does after he does something amazing. I knew that I wouldn't see him for a month or two because people wanted their hands on him, and he wanted to drag me along too, but I didn't want the attention and went home. His Mom told me to hide while the media are on some frenzy with the Olympian and his private life, and if I ever needed to, I could go and stay with her.
I didn't know that what he said made me top search on Google, people had some reason to finally search my name and find out where I was, because the very next day, everyone was in Ann Arbor and took photos of me while I went out to get the mail. Some cheered for me, and they congratulated me.

"Do you have any idea why people are congratulating me since five in the morning?" I groaned through the phone conversation with Michael, and he only laughed. "What's so funny? Did you say something again?"
"I didn't know how fast news could travel!"
"Oh for crying out loud, are you kidding me right now?" I slapped my face as I slammed the newspaper onto the kitchen counter. "Michael, you told them you were going to marry me before 2012!?"
"Hey, it's true."
I narrowed my eyes. "W-What?!" I stuttered in surprise.
"Well, it's four years away, and who knows, maybe we do end up getting married some time in between."
"You're not joking, are you?"
"I'm 27 by the next Olympics." He randomly stated. If my calculations were correct, we would be together for nearly seven years when London Olympics is on, so... Was he planning on proposing to me anytime in between? "Anything can happen, babe."
"I'm not going to hear the end of this."
"Don't worry. It'll die down. Just relax and let it slide."
"I can't even get out of the door without getting a mug-shot looking photo being taken!"
"I love you too."
I sighed and asked, "Are you really serious? Or are you pulling my leg?"
"2010 will be our year," Michael sounded so confident the more he spoke about proposing to me.
"It isn't a joke, you know." I cut him off. My heart was racing so fast just from talking about this topic.
I could hear him chuckle. "2010, promise. I'll call you later, babe," He ended the call before I was able to make a comment of some sort about the sensitive topic. I could only stare at the promise ring he gave me - which I moved to my middle finger after we were bombarded by the media when they spotted it on my ring finger - and mumbled, "Is he really serious?"

2010. Apparently, it's the year.

I hope he's not pulling my leg.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta Da~
I decided not to write a preview, it'll just wreck everything.
So instead, I wrote a build up chapter! I hope you catch whatever information is put on here for the sequel. It'll be up in a few days. I need a break. Whoo, I finished this story within two weeks, writing about 18 chapters and 54,444 words in total.
A record for myself. Tee hee. I should really try out NaNoWriMo!

xox