Status: Done!

Rules on Relationships

#0.3: First Dating

Recap Michael Phelps asked me out on a date - which I later found out - Lia bum-hole had planned because she"got fed up with the nagging."

So yeah.
Saturday came pretty quick, it was early in the morning that taunted me though, Lia promised I was able to sleep until 10, but truth was - I couldn't, and sadly she couldn't as well.
Somehow we were both excited - why?
He's just Michael Phelps.
"You're up early," I smiled as I adjusted my white singlet, a chuckle soon came from both ends when we saw one another with the 'morning hair'.
"I just kept thinking how you'll handle today," Lia winked, though I ended up glaring and readied myself for an attack. It followed itself with an awkward feeling when the door soon open with my hand wrapped around both of Lia's wrists. The woman tugged herself away from me and ran to her savior - "Derek!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and smirked.

"Coward."

"Loser."

"Admit defeat!"

"You two, do you-" Derek shut the door behind him, "-always do this routine every morning?"
I shook my head. "No, you just come in at the wrong time."
Lia pinched me before I managed to sneak away from the and into my room, I stared blankly at the clot on the side desk by my bed as it kept on ticking. The noise never faltered as I watched the margin strike at 9:30, just half an hour more before I get called or I have to call the Swimmer to ask where we would meet up.
I just wanted to ditch the love birds who bombarded the lounge at the moment, sweet talking and flirting.
Would I reach or have to do that in the future?
What have I brought myself into?

So. I guess start with Basics.

***

Tip One: Get to know one another.

Half an hour after I got ready, he was already at the door, Lia must have opened it for him since when I walked out of my room he was already talking to Derek and stared at me once I shut the door. He stared at me like he saw something different or what not, but I knew since I finally wore something decent, Derek would comment or give me a look, so I determined not to gaze at him at all and quickly grasped the Swimmer's hand and led him outside, making sure the door slammed once Derek opened his big yap.
Asshole.
I never really thought of what Lia saw in him, just the description was right though - "6"3', athletic build, tan and brown hair with gorgeous hazel eyes."
Eck, just the thought of it could make me puke.

"So, uh, what are you studying at Uni?"

I glanced up at him, he was 6"4' and I was a shorter 5"8'.
Not much... I think...

"Journalism." Fast and Simple.
"You don't sound like you live around here."
"I cam from New York. You?"
"Baltimore."
"Ah." I managed to sound a bit interested, we were talking quite fast actually, as if both of us were nervous - because I knew I was. It annoyed me but I didn't know what to do to make it work.

We managed to escape the building, the sun peaked right through and made me cringe slightly and looked away since I ended up staring right at it. The Swimmer actually took notice of it and moved in front of me to cover the sun before he started with the questions again.
"If I answer that you have to answer it too." I smiled, I was being friendly, besides, it was just another 'tell me about yourself' thing.
"No problem, you first." He smiled back. I just couldn't help but stare at him for a bit, I realized soon after and looked ahead of me. I opened my mouth, ready to speak, but nothing came out.
What the hell!

"Uh right, I'll go first." He quickly spoke when he noticed the lingering silence, it was a nuisance o lose your voice between a conversation, well for me anyway.
To be honest, I didn't know what was going on. Maybe it was because I felt a bit weird when I saw him smile - was that what made me choke?

"I'm Michael Phelps. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. Turning 20 this year, and I went to the Olympics last year with 7 Gold Medals in my pocket when I came back as well as just one Bronze. Swimming is my passion, I currently live on my own with a dog, Her-"

"-You have a dog?" I cut in. The swimmer looked at me as I looked back with actual enthusiasm and nodded. "Yeah, his name is Herman. An English Bulldog that gets upset easily when I'm gone - especially during the Olympics."
"Cute," I smiled, wow I sounded interested in him, maybe it was because of the dog thing - that's one thing in common between us. "I use to have one, she was pretty old when I moved here so I had to let her go last year."
"How old?"
"Most of my 19 years in this world."
"Oh," was what Michael only responded with as he and I fell silent for quite a bit. "So you're turn." He finally spoke p once we turned a corner, which I guess didn't surprise me.
I'm a no body with a somebody.

"That's right. Uh, what can I say..." I tapped my lower lip. "Well my Parents are divorced, I live with my Dad half my life in Los Angeles. I begged to live with my Mom until I go to Uni in New York, then I packed my bags to come here on my own with Lia. I'm studying journalism because I want to travel the world by telling the news."
"That's a big goal."
"Yours is bigger." I finally managed to look him in the eyes, his brown eyes that glistened back at mine.
"You'll get there." Ah, his smile! I quickly looked away and fiddled with the ribbon that I used to keep my brown hair away from my face - like a headband.
He and I turned another corner and found food.

***

Tip Two: Flirting with food

"Morning, what can I help you with?" An elderly woman smiler, a middle aged man turned up pretty soon as well as a teenage boy - preferably younger than me by a year or three.
I scanned the whole area, it wasn't too packed and about five people - excluding Michael and I - were eating their little hearts out on what it seemed like waffles and pancakes smothered in strawberry or chocolate flavored syrup.

"Table for two." Michael smiled as the man led us to the table and asked if he wanted the usual, which he nodded to and pointed out he wanted two of what he always had but with different flavor syrup.
"You come here a lot, don't you?" I asked as I swooped into my seat that was opposite him and leaned forward a bit as my eyes met his. I couldn't look away anymore, it was quite rude, but I was also trapped. But staring at his eyes, was it normal to feel like you were in a trance?
What's wrong with me?
Michael nodded soon after, "Usually with Derek or my other teammates." He chuckled. "Just to keep away from our diets."
"You don't need a diet." I directly blurted out. "You're basically hot enough for everybody." I added. Which I realized and covered my mouth and blushed, he had seemed to have taken a funny toll on it and smiled.
"Why thank you."

Well just in time too.
The food came.
The aroma was irresistible, especially the strawberry syrup that was spread all over the waffles forming an eat up, a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream on the top left of the waffles on the square plate.
I basically drooled.

Though within minutes, we began laughing.

"So uh, may I ask, what do you call this?"
"Breakfast?" I merely answered innocently, the small square piece of the waffle pushed into my mouth, the taste lingered on and on before I swallowed and slithered down my throat.
"I mean, like-" I stared at him, he looked as though he was trying to blurt out words but he choked on them, which he drank his water down pretty quickly. Nervous? "-Well Lia mentioned you look at things differently."
"Oh," I finally realized and smiled. "First date. I would consider the double date this afternoon a second."
"So each time we-"
"-go on a date, it's counted." I finished his sentence as I placed another small square cut of the strawberry syrup-covered waffle into my mouth.

Another five minutes later, I had sliced a bit off his chocolate syrup-covered waffles, Michael seemed to have taken it as a challenge and we began to 'fight' with our forks - for fun - just to try and snag a bit off each other.

Too cozy for a first date.

It concluded with a debate of who would pay, since I wanted to pay, so we playfully pushed each other on the way to the counter, but I didn't want to be a bother and debated that I should since I suggested it - not really.
But ended with him because he was the one who asked me to go on the date with him.
Though it wasn't much.
Can't say though - Michael didn't show me the receipt.

Though on our little stroll out the door and towards the Campus - it wasn't too far, but it was closer to the Carnival by a mere few blocks and it was a safer way than cutting alleyway blocks - I managed to drift into thought, probably he did too because both of us didn't bother the other person.
Which got me thinking.
I was getting a bit too cozy to Michael, especially on a first date - I wasn't acting like what I planned, but I just though maybe it was normal?
I bit y lower lip when I thought that maybe I rushed things, my body was basically on auto-pilot as my conscience began to tell me that maybe I wasn't doing it for the book.
Maybe I was doing it for myself...?

Yet what I intended from him was all wrong in every concept.
'Roxanne the bitch!' They would probably call me for the rest of my life, I was dating a sex icon and an athlete that made America proud that the Olympics.
Just the thought of it made me quiver.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite long... I think...
Well it is for me.
Sorry for the long update.
Been hiatus.