Status: Done!

Rules on Relationships

#0.5: Everyone Starts Talking

A week passed since I went on that 'date' with Michael Phelps, and it has been a full week since he nearly screamed out that he had liked me, and because of that, we actually forgot to meet Lia and Derek at the Carnival. We were having fun by just being together - even when it meant people were taking notice. Time practically just flew by that I ended up back home nearly midnight, yeah, that's right, we were too busy getting to know each other that I forgot the time and I forgot that the next day, I had to wake up early to work.
But for some reason, it didn't matter.
I was actually so active during work, and it was like the hours that I missed out from sleeping, well, it wasn't counted for. Lia and Jesse said it wasn't like me to be so active, especially when I was lacking sleep. And they wouldn't stop asking me questions about what I did, but I was pretty tight-lipped... Okay, no, it took about three hours into my shift before I began to tell Lia, and she seemed to have reacted like she knew it was something each of us would do and that she and Derek knew that we were getting along well because we forgot about them.
Jesse teased that I was finally interested in someone and that I wasn't lesbian over Lia. Asshole.

Throughout the week, things changed for me since I went on that 'date'. Michael would meet up with me between classes or pick me up when my classes are over for the day just to drop me off home - even to work, and when he had training and couldn't see me, he would call me afterwards just to talk. There were times when we just sat there and don't talk at all, but he was always smiling every time I was with him. Apparently, according to Lia and Derek, he would blush whenever the topic of what we do together came up at the Pool area - or even just about me. I can't help to admit that he was really sweet, and I couldn't help but get distracted by it that my notes that I originally wrote for my future book is his name written in different ways. I felt like a High School student scribbling her crush's name all over the pages of her book. That was my current state. But I do remind myself that it was purely for my research, but how can you not resist his charms and his sweet gestures?
But because of Michael's charm and sweet gestures, it was natural for people to take notice right?
Especially the students who were present when he said he liked me.

Ah, I'm red again, why am I red?
Lia's caught me blushing darker and darker the more we talk about my time with Michael. If Fulton saw me, he would be happy that I'm actually doing my job, but I scared myself thinking that he would be agitate to know I was having so much fun that my notes were turning into a love struck High School girl's notebook.

Anyway, people began to take notice.

Apparently, it was an unavoidable phase that new couples go through, and it was the time when everyone decided to ask questions and come to me - in the most random moments - just to ask me if it was true. What was true? They would ask if I was really dating one of the campus hot shots, Michael Phelps. Even I couldn't have my say, I would always turn away and avoid it, but to be honest, Michael and I never even talked about being called girlfriend and boyfriend. We were just having fun and enjoying the moment, but it was awkward.
Yeah, we're still awkward.
The awkwardness just wouldn't go away and the girls I usually talked to say it's because we haven't kissed yet, and even that made me get embarrassed just thinking about it, but that topic is not something I wanted to bring up at the moment. Right now, it was getting through these nosy people that just wouldn't leave me alone.
I get it.
I'm nobody at this campus.
My stats here in the campus are probably slim compared to Michael. Only 2 people are my closest friends, I hang around 6 other people between classes or during a studying session, there are probably around 20 people who would consider themselves my friends, the 300 Journalism students know me, the other 40 something swimmers in the swim team are acquaintances, and the 'it' people, at the very least, knew I existed but call me the wrong name.
But come to think of it, my stats were crap, and yet, how'd Michael take notice of me?

I sat there contemplating at the very thought during my break from work. I was working that Saturday because the other girl who worked on the different shift had had an important appointment to attend to, a personal one, and I was pretty much alone with these two other girls who wouldn't stop staring at me as well as asking me these questions that I tried to avoid throughout the whole week. I didn't catch their names because they worked on a completely different work shift, but Lia and I had worked them once and a while. So I label them as Brunette A and Brunette B, because they're both brunettes with the same hair style, both of them study something in the Arts, but they're in their second year and are one of the many stalkers that fill up the corridors leading to the Swimming Pools just so they could see Michael in action.
"Roxanne!" Brunette B called with her husky voice as she walked to the back area, and she had her arms crossed over her chest as she asked, "Did you even leave? I thought you said you were going out to eat something, but you're hiding all the way here."
"Avoiding the many people who are about to bombard me with questions," I sighed as I dropped the plastic fork and stared down at my half eaten noodles. It was probably cold after half an hour. "Some girl took a photo of me with her camera phone, it was creepy," I mumbled on as I began to pack up and clean the area I ate on. Brunette B came over and even helped me out, and she was the laziest out of the two, and she stopped me before I stepped out with her hands on my shoulders and staring right into my eyes, and asked, "Can you at least answer one thing?"
I nodded. To be honest, I was quite afraid.
"How did you end up with him? Was it your connections with Lia?"
I blinked. What? I didn't know how to answer that. What the hell, Brunette B!
"Come on, no one knew you were into guys like Michael Phelps," She egged on.
I released a sigh and pushed her hands off of my shoulders and took a step back. I had my hands out in front of me as I replied, "He asked me."
Her eyebrow cocked up. She probably didn't believe me.
"I'm serious, didn't you hear those gossip that he was into me?"
"Please answer me seriously," Brunette B begged.
I was actually being serious, and it sounded serious in my head when I thought about it, but when it came out of my mouth, it sounded like I was just fooling around. Damn it.
Brunette A burst right into the door not a minute later - my hero. We both looked at her as she gave us a confused expression with the door wide open, and right behind her was a confused looking woman who was innocently holding onto her ice cream. I lowered my hands instantly as I said, "Lia set me up with him, ask her."
Both Brunettes had their eyes narrowed, the two exchanged looks and deviant grins as Brunette B gave me a pat on the back and led me outside. She announced that she was headed off to lunch, and that meant that I was alone with her partner in crime, but Saturdays were the busiest time of the week, so I doubt she can squeeze in gossip.
Oh, you didn't know how wrong I was.

Interrogation.

Lia, help me.
Brunette A had a reputation of knowing how to get things out of people. She once made Lia confess her feelings for Derek to her as well as getting some gossip out of her, that was why Lia would always pretend to be sick or have something up whenever she was asked to work a shift with the Brunettes. Though, fortunately for her, she had an important practice today because of a swim meet against another University team on Wednesday.
I was hesitant to be alone with Brunette A, her sharp blue eyes and evil smiles headed my way were giving me the shivers. I practically hoped that someone was always behind the current customer so that I wouldn't be trapped.
Oh, how badly I was wrong.
I was cornered like a rat when I went to the back to get a new tub of Chocolate and Strawberry flavored Ice Cream as she came in with her arms crossed and her eyes pierced at me like a hawk, and she nearly made me drop the tubs when she parted her glossed up lips and slyly said, "Why, hello there, Roxanne."
I gulped.
"I heard that you were seeing Michael Phelps."
Why do they always say the full name?
"How'd that happen?" She asked as she slammed her hand right on the silver counter.
I stayed strong and stood there like an easy prey. "I seriously don't have a clue," I stutter. "I told you to ask Lia."
"To be frank," She smiled as she leaned her body against the counter, her eyes focused my way. "I thought you were more into those guys in the Business area, not athletes."
That was the second time I heard someone say that.
"So is he a good kisser?"
Ah, my cheeks heated up again.
"I bet you stare at his body every time you see him in the pool. His broad shoulders, toned muscles, his chest and those six bumps along his abdomen," She began to describe, and I was standing there like a tomato. "Oh my God, what about down below?"
Ah! Now I was definitely a tomato. Was this what Lia had to go through?
I shook my head and rushed out, but then he was there too. A smile on his cute face and a chuckle soon followed once we had eye contact, and he asked, "Why are you so red?"
Brunette A must've been laughing her head off at the back, but she actually came out the moment she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes were narrowed, her lips parted as she retraced her steps and disappeared to the back once more, but my gut was telling me that she was probably listening in anyway. I mean, she was one of Michael's stalkers.
"I-I," I stuttered, shit. I cleared my throat and shook my head to regain my composure, even though I could feel my cheeks still tingling. "I mean, I thought you were at the swimming practice today?" I quickly changed the subject.
"I was, but I told Bob that I had to go somewhere very quick," He calmly replied as my heart just skipped a beat, did he really say that just so he could come see me?
For every day now, he's always seen me in person, not once has he skipped chance to come see me. But the fact that he and the rest of the Swim Team have an important practice, he took a risk just to drive twenty minutes from Campus just to come see me was just like the movies. He came all the way here, he told his coach he had to be somewhere, he was only here for a few minutes, but he came. Was he really that into me to take so much effort?
At the same time, I could hear something dropping at the back of the door, so clearly she was listening while hiding away out back. He peeked to the side to look at the door before he suddenly beckoned to the side. "Do you mind if I take you away for a bit?" He asked while licking his lips. I remained speechless while my heart was racing faster. I barely even moved my head to nod as Brunette A magically turned up next to me and took the ice cream tubs from my grasp and pushed me with her hips, she cleared her throat and said, "I'll take care of this, you go on ahead."
"Uh, t-thanks?" Wow, she changed her attitude fairly quick. I swear she was scary not too long ago.
She got a bit giggly when Michael thanked her as he began to walk to the side. I was eying him when he was fully visible to me, and he was wearing board shorts, a simple tee and slippers, he was so casual, but he looked like he came from the pool because he smelled like chlorine and had damp spots on his clothes. We took a seat on the corner table, we were face to face and there was no escape if he was going to do one of his dangerous...
Damn, he smiled again.

I feel like if my heart went faster than the pace now, I'd be dead.

Michael stared at me, he liked doing that a lot, and he matched his stares with his goofy smile that was really cute. I smiled back and pat my cheeks as I asked, "Are my cheeks still red?"
"Why are they red? Did you two have some kind of thing in there? Should I be worried?" He teased as we both let out a laugh. I shook my head and gave him a playful slap on the hand once he placed his hands on the table as he was leaning forward, getting closer to my face. My lips were slightly tingling while I resisted the urge to just stare at his lips each time he spoke. Ah! It was from all these talks about kissing that made my lips tingle, and I nibbled on my lower lip to try and get rid of it as he jokingly commented, "I think I should be worried."
"You know, I should be the one worrying."
His eyebrow cocked up.
"You're the hot shot here, not me," I reminded him as I leaned back, distancing myself away from him and fighting the urge to just smack my lips onto his. "And besides, aren't you going to get into some heat with your coach?"
"Only a bit," He said while gesturing with his fingers.
"Well then, what brought you in this neck of the woods?"
"I don't know," He shrugged. "I didn't want to wait to see you because I have a feeling I won't be able to with Bob trying to speed us up a bit, so here I am," He added as his cheeks suddenly tinted pink, he was probably embarrassed with what he just said, but I thought it was one of his sweet gestures again.
"How long until you go?"
"I'm here for twenty whole minutes."
"What did you really say to Bob?"
"I forgot my change of clothes and I didn't want to go home soaked."
I covered my mouth and let out a laugh. "You're so cheeky," I commented while subconsciously leaning forward again, our fingers were just a few inches away from touching and our faces were probably one human head apart. I could feel stares at me again, there were a few customers around, some were students, and of course, there was Brunette A. I took a peek to check, and I guess I was caught, because Michael suddenly grabbed a hold of my hands and called me to look at him. When I turned, his eyes were staring right into mine. He said something that I swear had turned me into a tomato again.

His advice: Just ignore them. They're not the ones I'm interested in.

What a sweetie! Heck, I think I'm going to die now. Damn it. Michael Phelps. You won me over, okay, don't need to kill me. Wait, what? Did I just say that?
Oh God, I think I'm developing something for him! Roxanne, resist!!
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you that I'm trying to finish this, haha, I have so many ideas right now so expect some surge of updates :)