I'll never leave you

Get rid of me? Never!

Shut the hell up, I told Payton, who was rattling away in my head. They’ll think we’re crazy.
Honey, just the fact that you just said we testifies that you are crazy, she replied.
I know, I know, I snapped, and she finally fell silent. I enjoyed the silence in my head for a moment.
“Your talking with her, aren’t you?” asked my little brother, Patton. He was named after general Patton, and Payton got her name from him. But he didn’t officially know that she existed.
“Who?” I asked, keeping my voice even.
“The girl in your head. The one you used to talk about all the time.”
“I’m not crazy, Patton. It’s just me in here,” I said, trying to remain calm.
“Sure,” he said sarcastically. Did I mention that Payton also got how annoying she was from Patton? They both bugged the crap out of me.
Hey!
Sorry. It’s true.
“I can see it happening,” Patton said. “You concentrate on the conversation.”
“Quit it, Patton,” I said, smacking him playfully on the back of the head. “I’m just thinking.”
“I’ve always known you were crazy, Kayden.”
Inside my head, Payton was expressing her agreement.
You are.
How do you know? Maybe you’re the crazy one, and I’m the alter ego.
She was quiet for a moment, puzzled.
Ha! But if I was the original person, I would be in control of the body! She attempted to lift an arm, and could not. See?
I had to admit defeat. I was in control. I was the crazy one.
But Patton didn’t need to know that.
“Not in that way, Kiddo,” I said, rubbing my knuckles into his full head of jet black hair.
“Ouch!” I laughed at him while he rubbed his sore head, and walked next door to the kitchen. I grabbed a salty peanut butter bar and went to my room. I sat down at the computer desk to do my homework. Being in honors classes, I had tons of it. Originally, I was just supposed to be in honors English, but Payton insisted that she was great at math, so I signed up for honors geometry and biology as well. And I had to admit, Payton was very good at math. She was smarter than I am.
Thank you.
It’s true. But I’m still better at English.
She showed me a mental image of her sticking her tongue out at me. She’s prettier than I am, too. I know, you’d think we’d look the same, what with her sorta being a part of me. But we’d always been two different people. She was very scene, with her lip pierced and spiky black hair.
My hair was black (after all, she was based on me) but it was long and completely straight. The only thing I had pierced was my nose and my ears. My eyes were a pretty but normal hazel.
My skin was ivory white, where as hers was a pretty even tan. If there was any aspect of her that I wished I could have for myself, it would be her looks. As for her personality, I’d always wished I could get rid of that.
Hey!she exclaimed, annoyed.
What? You’re a smart ass, and you make everyone think I’m crazy!
You are crazy, and besides I’m the strongest part of you, Kayden. You need me.
I don’t need another identity. I don’t need everyone to think I’m psycho. I wish I wasn’t.
You won’t get rid of me, Kayden. I’m your other identity, and I’ve always been a part of you.
Maybe not always. And maybe, with help, I can get rid of you.
I’ll never leave you. Not even if you want me too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wells, my background didn't work, but I will try to get you a picture of Zane!

Please leave a comment!
~Tre