I'll never leave you

Real

I woke up in the morning feeling tired and sleepless. I felt only half alive. I was dead tired, Payton was feeling refreshed and ready to go. She was capable of running on four hours of sleep, but I wasn’t. I knew that if I didn’t get up now, I’d never get up. My bones creaked and protested as I rolled over. Distracted by the disturbing noise, I slammed into the floor instead of landing on my feet.
Smooth, Payton commented. I was too tired to even make a sarcastic comment back. This was unusual. Not even sarcasm would work for me this morning. I had landed face down, and my chest began to ache and throb as I pushed myself up. I wobbled a few times as I walked down the hallway, but managed to stay on my feet. The house was cold, and I found myself wishing that I wore more than a tank top and gym shorts as pajamas. No doubt it was cold outside, too, being winter. I stumbled into the kitchen, where a plate of bacon, eggs, a slice of toast and a glass of orange juice awaited me, courtesy of Patton. I messed up his thick black hair as I walked by.
“Thanks, kid,” I said.
“Welcome!” he replied cheerfully, already fully dressed and eating. He was definitely a morning person.
Bacon! Payton crowed as I bit in. It was her favorite food ever. I could never be vegetarian with her around. I finished my food and put my plate in the sink. Feeling more awake - and full now!- I headed back to my bedroom. I pulled grey jeans over my ivory-toned legs, and picked a random shirt from the closet. It was my pink “Hi hater, Bye Hater,” half shirt, so I put on a black lace tank under it. I rolled on some black glitter eyeliner, put on my shoes, and left the house.
~At school~
“Kayden, you look like Jesus!”my friend Carlos exclaimed as I walked towards him with my back to the sun. I struck a pose, and he laughed. I smiled and walked the rest of the way. My friends greeted me with hugs and smiles, then I sat down. I was at the point of everybody. My friend Sam’s boyfriend got there, so Darian moved to sit between me and a boy named James. James had been talking about how sex was like a baseball game, but this interrupted his talk.
“No!” he said. “You are not a part of this threesome!” He pushed her off the bench onto the ground, and pulled me near to him. I was sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with him, and so was Maria on his other side. He offered Darian a hand, but she glared and got up by herself, walking away. James shrugged and continued his story.
“Now how can you do this? You may ask. How do you hit all four bases with both girls?”
Maria and I just tuned him out.
He’s hot, she mouthed, pointing down at James.
He is, Payton commented. Although he’s not my type.
Shut up, I told her. I’m happy.
While having my little talk with Payton, I had lost track of the conversation.
“Are you talking about me?” he asked suspiciously. “It’s not nice to talk about someone behind their back.”
“Literally!” I said, and me and Maria cracked up. James didn’t think it was funny.
“Tell me what you said,” he told Maria.
“No,” she said firmly, shaking her head.
“Fine! Screw you. I have Kayden anyways.”
Maria gasped as he scooted away from her and closer to me. His leg was pressed against mine, and he wrapped an arm around my waist. He was warm and it didn’t feel bad, but I started to fidget anyways.
“You want her, huh, James?” somebody said. My cheeks flushed.
“No,” he said. “It’s not like that. This isn’t real.”
Nothing was going on between us, but with his hand around my waist, it felt real to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter finally out! My computer crashed, so I had to retype it all.
Sorry!

Please subscribe and comment, it makes me all the more inclined to post!

~Tre