Diary of A Dead Man

The End.

That was the last thing I saw. The ditch was unvisible and the SUV had no headlights. The next thing I remembered was red, white, and blue lights, some sirens and a white sheet. Hey! Don't put that sheet over my head! What the hell do you think your doing?! I'm not dead! I've got a date tonight! Oh, God spare me. What have I done wrong? If I get out of this I promise I'll never swear again! I'm lifted up onto a vehicle and taken somewhere. I'm stuffed in a drawer and slammed into the wall. I kick and scream but, like my neighbors, I am silent. The examining light burns my eyes as I see the horror in my mother's face as my dad tells the man, "Yes," he looked at me again. "He is our son."

"Dad? Dad I'm not dead." Nothing. The funeral was depressing. My mother rested her head on the covered side of the casket and cried. My father, I noticed, stood in the corner with a cigerette in his mouth and his hands in his pockets. Kim was there. She refused to look at me and just walked by. My older broher Cameron was there. Funny, he forget's to come to my eight grade graduation but he remebers my funeral. It's all over now. I'm closed up and carried away to the cemetery where I'm put about five feet to the ground. I hear dirt hit the roof of the coffin. The ceremony is over. My family and friends hae gone home. I'm left to rot here for all eternity. So this is what it's really like to be ... dead?