Will You Still Love Me After Tomorrow?

I’m coming home, I’m coming home

~1 Month Later~

(Alex’s P.O.V)

I stepped out of the cab and looked at the three-story house that lay in front of me, the house that contained my real family. I was petrified, what if they didn’t like me, what if I didn’t fit it and what if they were really weird. ‘Shut up’ I said to my self in my head but still just stood on the edge of the road looking at the ominous house. Suddenly from behind me I heard I girl singing, singing our song, it still amazed me that even ‘across the pond’ kids new about our band and liked our music. I was so proud of how far All Time Low had come, from the basement of my house back in Maryland to a headlining tour across the US beginning in the fall, just a month away.

“Excuse me mate can I help you,” the girl said, while looking down at her iPod trying to switch the music off. I could faintly hear Jasey Rae coming form the headphones and I smiled to myself.

“Nice choice of song,” I said as I tuned around to face her. She stared at me for a fraction and then her mouth dropped.

“Wait, you’re Alex Gaskarth!” she said with a smile pointing a finger towards me, “what are you doing at my house?”

I started at her for a while my mouth slightly ajar, I couldn’t find the words to say. Here, right in front of me was my little sister, all 5”9 of her. She was wearing some denim shorts, a billabong V-neck and some Nike Dunk I.D’s.

“A girl after my own heart” I replied indicating to her shoes and then to mine.

She blushed and then replied, “I guess, but seriously what are you doing like 3000 miles away from home in England, aren’t you on tour at the moment or something?” she asked me with a quizzical look and I realized she still hadn’t connected the dots about who I really was. Well, I thought, it’s now or never.

“I came to meet my family,” I said looking right in to her eyes, “my real family.” As I expected she stood there for a while taking the whole situation in and looking me up and down. The she did something totally unexpected, this girl, my sister, engulfed me in a hug as if she was never going to let go. I smiled into her hair and let out the breath that I had been holding for the past minute.
She pulled away and smiled nervously, “I’m Hanna, and I guess I’m your sister”

“Yes,” I laughed, “yes you are.” As I studied at her in closer detail I realized how similar we were. She had my chocolate brown eyes, the same nose and lips but thankfully for her she didn’t have my retarded eyebrows. She had long blonde hair, but not in a fake Barbie doll kinda way, it was very natural, plus she was rockin’ a Jac Vanek ‘Legit’ bracelet on her left wrist.

Hanna suddenly let out a loud laugh and went bright red, “sorry,” she smiled when she realized I was giving her a weird look, “it’s just that I have probably been practicing incest in my head for the past two years,” she said with embarrassment, “but don’t worry it has all defiantly gone now, I’ll just have to settle with Jack, I like him better anyways,” she laughed.

“Hey! I’ll have you know that I am very sexy and I have girls swooning over me everywhere I go!” I joked but then suddenly realized that this was true. I wasn’t cocky or anything but I guess girls up and down the US like guys with big eyebrows and were the lead singer of a band, I’d never let this get to my head though.

“Yer, that’s why I always liked Jack, he’s cooler than you!” my sister said with a smirk. I pouted and decided that since now I had met my sister, who was a wonderful person; it was time to meet the parents too. Hanna, funnily enough, had the same idea.

“So I guess you should come inside and meet my parents, wait I mean out parents. Jesus I need to remember that I now have a brother. This is pretty cool, and you’re in All Time Low, which is amazing! I’m not going to deny that you are my favorite band!” Hanna said with a shy smile.

“Thank you so much, I know it sound weird but it means a lot to hear you say that. You know given that you’re my sister and all, it’s like it matters more if you like us then anyone else.” Hanna smiled crookedly, exactly the way I smile, I just couldn’t get over how alike we were and how much I wished I’d known as I was growing up. I felt as though my adoptive parents and my ‘parents’ had deprived both of us of sibling love, which was the only reason I was angry. They had deprived both of us, for sixteen years, of a sibling.

“Come on big bro,” Hanna said cheerfully, while linking arms with me, “lets go meet the parents but be warned they are evil minions sent up from hell to embarrass their children into hiding,”

“Haha, I’m sure they’re lovely people, I mean come on, they produced us!” I said, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach, I was a bout to meet my parents for the first time and I was terrified.

(Hanna’s P.O.V)

I walked my brother up to our front door and carefully opened it; I could never tell if our bloody dog was going to be on the other side ready to pounce on you like a tiger, but a friendly one. Luckily no sign of Elsa, she was probably out it the garden with my parents busying themselves before the arrival of their son. For that was what I had been doing when I came across Alex in front of my house, talking a walk to clear my thoughts.

I turned behind me to see if Alex had made in over the threshold of the house and sure enough he was right behind me with a nervous expression on his face. He had ever right to be nervous, I know I would be meeting my parents for the first time ever, the parents who abandoned me and gave me to another couple to start a family with a child that was not theirs. It made me extremely angry to think that my parents could just give away their own flesh and blood but I suppose I had to understand the situation they were in and I was thankful that they had chosen to tell me and that I was now, finally, meeting my brother.

I opened the door to the garden (backyard) and stepped out on to the brick patio with Alex close at my heels and there sure enough, busied in work, was I father and mother.

(Alex’s P.O.V)

There they were, my parents, the parents I had never met, and the parents that had abandoned me as a baby. But somehow I did not feel anger of any kind I just felt need, a need for them to love me as if we had known each other my whole life, as if they had raised me and watched me battling through the stages of being a child, teenager, and now an adult.

After what seemed an age a black Labrador started sprinting up to Hanna and I from the end of the yard. My parents noticed this as both raised their heads.

“Mummy, daddy, this is Alex and I believe he is your son” Hanna said in a strong voice.

My mother gaped at me and I was scared of what to say, of what she would say, but as people know actions speak louder than words. She made her way to me and stood inches away all the time staring at me deeply, and lovingly in the eyes. She raised her hand and traced my jaw line very softly and enveloped me in a hug all the while saying over and over again “I’m sorry Alex I’m so so sorry”

I couldn’t take it anymore, all these different emotions were building up and I had to left them out some way. So I let out a deep breathe and let the tears escape as I held on to my mother for the first time in my life. I never cried, ever, I always was a strong person never letting my emotions show too much but this was an exception.

My mother pulled away first and held my by the shoulders at arms length, taking me in, as I was doing with her. She was a petite woman with shoulder length brown hair, a tiny frame but a loving eyes and a warm smile.

From behind her my father was approaching, he was a tall man with strong features. He had my eyebrows (I would get him later for that), my mouth and my eyes. He walked straight up to me, looked in my tearful eyes, and also brought me into a hug.

“Hello son, I am so sorry for everything, but I want you to know that there wasn’t a day in my life that I regretted you being born, not one single day.” My father said in to my ear and that was all I needed to forgive him, forgive them both for giving me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
3rd chapter YAY!
i am trying to update a chapter daily, but school's tomorrow and i board some nights & the work load is pretty heavy so i dont know if i will be able to update daily :( during the week. i'll try my best though!

comments = <3