Status: This story is goin on holiday untill real life stops being annoying >.>

You Make My Heart Do Funny Things

11th

Frank’s POV

I give them all a shy smile before leaving and shutting the door behind me and quickly ran towards the lift. I knew what floor I needed to be on so I rushed the lift to get there quickly unfortunately it had gone right to the top of the hospital so I instead ran for the stairs, hoping I will get there in time. Legging it down two flights of stairs I ran through the doors onto the right floor and ran straight into the reception desk, my chest hitting the desk painfully.

I fell to the floor and started rolling about as pain soared across my chest, I started to gasp profanities until I opened my eyes to see a young boy staring at me.

“Hey Kid,” I gasped “Could you just go let the nurse know that Frank Iero Is dying in the hall?”

One freaked out kid, a couple pain killers and a stressed out nurse later and I was sitting in my own room waiting for my doctor to come. I swear it was the same room as before.

“Ah, Mr Iero.” In came my doctor the same short, boring cow who has signed my death warrant. In case you’re unsure I’m feeling a little bit hostel towards her right now.

“Hey doc, do you mind if we hurry this up a little?” I grunt at her rubbing my chest.

“Mr Iero you do realize what we will be doing here today?” she asked

“No.”

“Well let me explain-“

And that was when I zoned out, nothing that she says will make any sense until she shuts up, I ask her what the hell she just said then she’ll give up and shorten whatever bull she’s talking about now. I don’t want to be here! I’d rather be with Gerard and Naomi and Mikey, finding out whether or not my cousin will be alive next year.

“-did you get all that Mr Iero?”

“I’m sorry I faded out for a moment there.” I gave her a goofy grin.

She sighed in exasperation before starting with the simpler version.

“The basics of what were going to do are we’re going to perform some tests that will tell us of the extent of damage to your heart and then that will tell us if you have a year, a month or even just one more week left to live.” She spat, obviously pissed I hadn’t been listening.

Wow. She really didn’t have to be so blunt about it all. That really knocked the wind out of me, I couldn’t move or speak. I sat staring at my doctor who seemed to have lost the anger she had a moment ago and looked a little more sympathetic.

“Listen, Frank.” She said softly, taking of her glasses and laying her hand on my shoulder. “How about we get this started, that way we can get this over with as soon as possible and get your name on the transplant list.”

I nod my head dumbly and took off my shirt like she asked, she quickly got to work on me, explaining what the different tests she was performing was for and what they will tell us. The next half hour went by in a blur and soon I was getting ready to leave.

“Mr Iero? Do you feel comfortable with all that I have told you today?”

“Apart from the fact I’m going to die?” I replied smirking “Nah I’m cool with it all.”

She nod’s and smiles sympathetically as she headed for the door she opened it and held it for me to walk through. Finishing doing up my shirt I followed her and walked through the door but before I could leave she grabbed hold of my arm.

“You will be coming to the counseling we offered?”

“Nah, I don’t think so,” I replied “I think I can handle this without some snooty cow telling me that death isn’t the end blah, blah, blah!”

“Alright then,” She patted my arm gently before checking her chart “We should know all the results of your test’s by next Tuesday, then we can put you on the transplant list and maybe some medication to ease the pain.” She smiled once more before saying goodbye and walking off.

As soon as she left I started running towards the staircase, not even bothering with checking the lift, I ran up the two sets of stairs that will take me back to Naomi but this time when I got to the big double flapping doors I slowed down to walk making sure nobody was on the other side. After checking I ran for the waiting room where hope to god the guys will still be inside waiting for the doctor to call in for them.

I push open the doors and ran straight into the water cooler, revealing the clothes Mikey must have hidden, when I noticed it was empty. I looked around shocked that I had missed them. I kicked the wall angrily out of frustration before I remembered where Naomi said her consultation room was going to be. I ran back out and headed in the direction I remembered her pointing to earlier.

Coming to a complete stop outside two rooms I couldn’t decide which one was the one Naomi was in. Instead of knocking and checking, I took a chance and ran through door number two!...which has a old couple crying at the doctors desk, though they all stopped to stare at me as I stood panting in the doorway.

“So sorry!” I pant eventually “Wrong room!”

“Frank?”

Looking back out the corridor I found Gerard leaning out of door number one with a confused look on his face.

“What are you doing? Get in here!”

I said a quick goodbye to the old couple before leaving and slamming the door shut behind me. Rushing over to Gerard we have a hushed argument as we entered the room where Naomi and Mikey were sitting in front of Naomi’s doctor.

“Has he said anything yet?” I whispered to Gerard.

“No, you’re just in time now sit!” he hissed back and forced me into the chair next to Naomi. I took her hand and smiled sheepishly at her as the doctor began his long boring medical speech.

“Right now with no more interruptions, I need to tell you that unfortunately your latest test results have come back negative of any improvement, this means that the radio therapy is no longer working,” No shit Sherlock! “This also means that there is no other possible treatment for you Miss Conner.”

A wave of tension flowed through the room. I shifted in my seat and looked nervously at the others to find them also looking to each other for possible comfort, my grip on Naomi’s hand tightened as I saw the tears build up behind the mask she had put on. It was clear that she had been ready for this; I’ve just got to hope it doesn’t break her.

“I’m very sorry to tell you this but, you have only 4 months to live at best, I’m very sorry.” He signed my cousin’s death warrant with a solemn voice then excused himself to give us some privacy.

To be honest I didn’t understand a word he said after the 4 months part, at that same time a huge sob had shuddered through Mimi’s body as she threw herself into my arms. It was all I could do to hold her tightly against my chest as she sobbed. Moving my glazed eyes to stare at the Way brothers I can see tears flooding from both their eyes as they watched me attempt to support my cousin. But I couldn’t. All I could think about was how it was the end, for both me and my favorite cousin, and maybe even for our best friends.

Tears suddenly came gushing from my eyes as I howled in despair and clutch on tighter to Naomi I felt myself crumble and fall as I could literally see mine and Naomi’s life fall apart, nothing to hold it together. Right when I thought it was over, two pairs of arms encircled us. I knew they were there to protect us, help us and even to hold our worlds together, but soon even they will fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its a bit morbid :/