Status: This story is goin on holiday untill real life stops being annoying >.>

You Make My Heart Do Funny Things

2nd

Gerard’s POV

I fucking hate Mondays.

How many times has the entire world thought those simple words?

Fuck it. I’m going to add another.

“I fucking hate Mondays!” I yawn while walking into the kitchen.

My small kitchen, found in the tiny apartment that was built to only ever accommodate two people, that I share with my two best friends and brother is always a mess and counted on to be the busiest room in the house.

Oh. And to always smell like coffee.

This morning wasn’t to be much different. The coffee machine had already fed its caffeine to the two people slumped at the small circle table shoved into one corner of the room, who sat watching me while cradling steaming cups in their hands as if it was a life source. I wave half-heartedly at them before heading to get my own fix of the good stuff, ignoring the piled up washing and empty cookie wrappers left on the side. It wasn’t until I had squeezed my body into the chair nearest the wall that ether of them decided to talk.

“Well then it’s a good thing it’s Tuesday today,” my brother Mikey said, answering my earlier remark.

“Shit! Is it really Tuesday?” I sat up straight and checked the blue clock on the opposite wall.

10:47

“What the hell guys! Why didn’t you wake me up? I was meant to be at work an hour and 15 minutes ago!”

I slumped back on my chair and brought my hands up to my face groaning dramatically as if my missing work was a signal for dooms day to begin. To be honest, I didn’t really care but since Mikey is in the room I feel like I need to at least pretend I do.

“Oh shut up moaning, Naomi called in sick for you today,” Mikey said, gesturing at the slumped figure opposite him “Not like you really care about that job anyway.”

Now that dooms day was called off, I perked up again and, with a huge grin on my face, turned to the blue and blonde haired woman who had just fell all the way forwards onto the table just missing her coffee and bowl of cereal and had stared to snore quietly.

“What’s up with her?” I asked my little brother raising my eyebrows.

“I don’t know,” he sighed and got up to take his mug away “I could hear her talking to Frank about something nearly all night.”

“Oh really?” I mused watching the young girl as she muttered something about an apocalypse and there only being 100 bananas left in the world.

I really worry about her sometimes.

“Where is Frank anyway?” I asked turning my attention back to my younger brother who was attempting to clean the mountain of washing up, and miserably failing.

“I don’t know, I thought he was still in his bed.” He replied after giving up with the dishes and had poured himself another cup of coffee.

“No, he’s not,”

“How do you know?

“Frank sleeps in the living room on the pull out sofa bed. I had to walk through the living room to get to kitchen. I think I would know if he was still in bed.”

Mikey stared at me unblinking for a while before he finally muttered “Pervert.” then leaving the room.

“How does that make me a pervert?” I asked the unconscious Naomi just as she slipped from her chair, rolled off the table and then curled into the foetal position on the floor then carried on snoring and mumbling about the major non existent shortage of bananas in the world.

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes before getting up. I picked her up from the floor then dragged her into the living room before dropping her onto Frank’s unmade bed and draping the bed sheet over her body to keep her warm.

Figuring that there wasn’t much else I could do for the rest of the day, I went back to pick up my holy grail of caffeine then retreated to my dark cave to sleep away the unwanted hours of sunlight.