Status: This story is goin on holiday untill real life stops being annoying >.>

You Make My Heart Do Funny Things

3rd

Gerard’s POV

Well, my plan to sleep the rest of the day away was sort off cut short when Mikey ran in and pulled my curtains off the wall while shouting that I was getting too pale and that you could hardly tell that we were brothers anymore. So now after yelling at him that we weren’t really brothers and that he was really adopted from a Canadian family, then to get the hell out of my room, I’m now attempting to draw.

It’s hard to find inspiration in my small, dark room (since I had taped a towel over the hole in the wall also known as a window instead of putting the curtains back up) so instead I’m just doodling zombies. A waste of the knowledge I got from studying at collage.

Your probably wondering who the hell I am. Or not, if your not then you can just skip ahead, or you can be nosy and carry on reading.

First things first, my names Gerard Way, I’m 25 years old, I’m bisexual, I have a job in small art store down town, I’m 3 years out of collage and share a apartment with 3 other people who are my brother Mikey Way who is a year and a half younger than me, Frank Iero who went to the same collage as me studying Music arts instead of Art and of course Naomi Conner, 20, who is Frank’s distant cousin.

It was only meant to be me and Frank here, but a year ago Mikey managed to piss our mom off so bad that she refused to let him back in the house, so he came to live with me. Naomi’s only been with us for 6 months, before then she shared a house with 2 room mates while attending collage studying biology.

She and Frank didn’t even know about their relations until 2 years ago. They had found each other on that internet addiction called Facebook and had become close friends. Just before they met up in real life Frank’s mom had told him who she really was which was probably the best thing to do since Frank’s a horny fucker and have asked her out the second he set eyes on her. Incest is kind of frowned on in this area.

She’s living with us now because she had dropped out of collage and had been kicked out of her home by her room mates because of a fatal disease that had almost ruined her life. I don’t think I mentioned it this morning but I’m sure you can guess what it is.

Cancer. Leukaemia to be exact.

Frank had refused to let his favourite cousin sleep on the streets and so had offered her to stay with us while she went for treatment. He had moved out of his room and instead slept on the sofa bed so that she could sleep comfortably (Mikey sleeps in the converted laundry room, if your wondering). He’s so sweet sometimes; he went out and got another job to help support his cousin through radio therapy and still manages to be home enough to help her with her day to day problems that me or Mikey couldn’t help with. The treatment is working great, her doctor says that she is getting better every visit she makes to him. He must be ignoring the fact that she is getting weaker everyday.

Frank’s whole life doesn’t revolve around Naomi though, he’s also managed to keep a girlfriend, Kat, a spiteful, manipulative, jealous bitch that everybody but Frank wish would die a horribly painful death and then her soul (if she even has one) deserves to go to hell and suffer never ending torture from the Devil himself.

We don’t like her basically.

She had managed to destroy Frank’s flamboyant bisexual side, so he’s more of a boring straight guy then my old art teacher in high school. That pissed me off because I had supported a huge crush on that side of him for over 5 years and she had destroyed it.

Sometimes I see that old flamboyant side of him and my old crush rushes back to me like a sledge hammer hitting me in my stomach. I love those short moments when we went back to the old partners in crime routine we had before Mikey, Naomi or Kat (not that I don’t like Mikey or Naomi). We would sometimes invite Ray and Bob, our two friends’ from collage, over and then watch loads of horror movies while getting pissed and throwing popcorn at each other in mini food fights.

They were the best nights of recent days, but they are always ruined the morning after when Mikey or Naomi would let her in so she would find all four of us in tops and boxers lying cuddling up to each other on the sofa bed. She is usually only really pissed off because she would always find me and Frank spooning each other, intentionally or not.

I made it very well known that I fancied Frank and thought she didn’t deserve him and loved to shove it in her face when ever he chose me over her. Even for the little things.


“Gee?”

The gentle but solemn voice floating from my door way dragged my attention from my deep thoughts to focus on the small figure there. With her Bright blue and blond hair sticking out everywhere and pissed of expression, she didn’t look like the owner of that gentle voice from before.

“Hey Naomi, do you feel better now?” I asked, closing my forgotten drawing pad and throwing it onto the desk next to me.

Mikey yelled something from the kitchen when there came a knocking from the front door. Naomi flinched at the sound and ignored Mikey and the door.

“No.” she groaned walking in and throwing herself onto the end of my bed “Guess who’s knocking.”

“Batman?”

“You wish!”

“Frank?” she gave me an odd look “He was missing this morning.” I informed her.

“Really? I wondered why I didn’t find when I woke up on his bed. How did I get there by the way? Anyway, no it isn’t him.”

I opened my mouth to guess again when I heard the front door open and Mikey greeting whoever it was there. The look of utter disgust on Naomi’s face told me exactly who it was he was talking to.

“Kat.” I growled before getting up and leaving to go to Mikey’s aid.

Naomi followed me with an evil glint in her eye, obviously not wanting to miss me have a ‘chat’ with the she devil just incase her sharp tongue was needed. She may have been dieing a few months ago, but she just as feisty as her cousin.

There is one good thing about Kat turning up while Frank is out, it means that me and Naomi are free to take the piss and insult her all we want without getting into trouble with the short but feisty guy.

“Let’s hope that Frank doesn’t rush home eh?” I grin towards Naomi before walking into the passage way leading to the front door.