Status: This story is goin on holiday untill real life stops being annoying >.>

You Make My Heart Do Funny Things

4th

Mikey’s POV

We need a new coffee machine. This one has had it.

I poked the offending machine and it finally spat out the coffee at me, nearly completely missing the cup and spraying half of the liquid onto my favourite top. I cursed loudly at it then began mopping up the mess. I don’t get it! It works fine for Gee and Frank and even Naomi, but it refuses to co-operate with me!

After finishing cleaning myself up and picking up the cup, I nearly throw the other half of coffee over myself when I jumped violently when somebody knocked at the door.

Cursing all over again, I leave the door for somebody else to get and put the cup back down on the side so I could start mopping up the fresh mess. I finish and turn to face the living room just in time to see Naomi running in the opposite direction of the front door and towards Gerard’s room. I silently wonder if she had opened the door yet but then rolled my eyes when the knocking came again.

“Can one of you get that, please!” I yell, adding on the please in the hope that they might actually do it.

I turned back to the coffee machine, this time armed with 5 kitchen towels, and prepared to make battle when we were interrupted again by that incessant knocking at the door.

Throwing down the kitchen towels, I stormed to the door and wrenched it open ready to tell who ever it was to fuck off, but I was soon cut off by that nagging voice.

“About god damn time too!”

Oh hell no! I’m no way in the mood to be dealing with Kat right now, or ever for that matter! No way in hell is she coming into the apartment so she can make snide remarks about the mess. I used to be a well known clean freak back in Jersey! Just being in the same room as dirt insults me! Her comments just make me want to punch her in the face!

Despite my mental tantrum, I force a strained smile to my face.

“Hello Kat, can I help?” saying what the hell do you want is a little rude, even for me.

“I’ve come to see Frank. Where is he?” Kat demanded while looking down her nose at me.

Would Frank mind if I punched her in her face? Pulled at her sleek black bob of hair or painted her pale skin with black and blue?

Yeah, I think he might.

Thankfully, I was saved from having to answer as a voice from behind did it for me.

“Frank’s not here, he probably sensed you coming and made a run for it. Shame he didn’t tell us about it first though, we would have gone with him.”

Hiding a smile I turned to face a smirking Gee wearing nothing but some long legged bottoms and shooting daggers at our guest, and then Naomi who was shrouded in her big pink fluffy dressing gown and giggling in the doorway to the living room watching Gerard advance.

He pulled open the door all the way so that he could see Kat standing out in the hall way and so she could see him. Kat’s the kind of woman who doesn’t like seeing bare flesh outside the bedroom, I can’t really see her liking the idea inside the bedroom either. I really wonder why Frank stays with her.

She crinkled her nose at the site of Gee before turning back to me.

“Where is he then?”

“He’s hopefully halfway to Canada by now if he knows what’s good for him.” Gerard answered instead, studying his nails “Oh and he left you a note saying fuck off!”

“Like he would! He loves me.” Kat hissed at him, loosing her composure for a moment.

“Really? Well the note he left me said to tell the she devil that she can fuck off, I just assumed he meant you”

“But then again he did once say that he loved a female dog,” Naomi stated behind us almost dreamily “He could have meant you.”

It’s hard not to laugh in her face when she’s being put down like this, and her face right now is just making it harder!

“Will you stop messing around and tell me where he is! He isn’t answering his cell!”

“OK, well to be honest with you, we have no fucking clue where he is.” Gee said in all honesty “But you know that he is a free man and can do what the hell he wants to without having to report to base camp every 5 minuets!”

Kat seemed shocked for a moment and I wondered if she was actually speechless! That would be the day! Of course she just recomposed her self and then turned back to look me in the eye. I attempted to stop laughing and look at her with a straight face.

“When he gets back in, tell him to call me right away. Me and him need to talk.” She told me before turning on her heels and storming towards the lifts just as they opened up.

“Don’t worry! I shall tell him that the she devil refuses to fuck off!” Gerard shouted after her, smiling happily and even waving at her.

He stepped back into the apartment and was about to shut the door on her when something said outside in the hall made him stop and listen.

“Hey there darling! How about a lap dance for 10 bucks?”

Gerard burst out laughing and then stepped out into the hall once more to shout down to the man who had spoken to Kat.

“Ray man, don’t bother! You don’t want to waste money; she’ll do it for 2 bucks wont you Kat!”

I peeked out to see Gerard’s friends Ray and Bob standing in the corridor with a horrified looking Kat.

When Gee had mention Kat’s name, Ray looked her over once before stating, “So you’re the She Devil that’s destroying our Frank!”

Kat took one look at Ray’s menacing expression before taking off for the lift getting in just as the doors closed.

“Hey guys!” Gerard greeted his friends as if he had only just noticed them “What are you both doing here?”

“We thought we would come and visit our mates, we even called ahead! But if you don’t want us then we might just go!” Ray said with a mock hurt look on his face.

“Wait, wait hold on!” Gee stopped them. He was looking past Ray at Bob, or rather, what Bob was holding. “Is that booze?”

“Of course!” Bob grinned and shook the huge box he was holding in his hands so that the contents tinkled together.

“Well then come on in!” Gerard grinned back and welcomed them both into the apartment.

Once inside they all headed to the living room and fell onto the sofas, chatting like old women like they always do. Naomi was nowhere to be seen so I guessed she had gone to get changed when she had heard we would be having guests. I accepted the bottle that Bob had handed to me and ran to find the bottle opener in the kitchen before running back and sinking onto the sofa next to Ray while Gee and Bob sat on the unfolded sofa bed.

A while later and I was on my third beer, we had stuck a DVD on but none of us were paying any attention to it, instead we talked and joked to each other. Naomi walked in fully dressed and holding her cell in her hand while Bob was talking about how he had seen a teenage stoner trying to buy weed off of an old lady in the park, and then how the lady had reached into her bag and gave him a bag of bread to feed the ducks with instead.

Naomi waited while we all laughed but when she stepped forward, the worry on her face made both me and Gee shut up instantly.

“Gee, I don’t want to ruin your fun but I’m worried about Frank. Kat was right, he’s not answering his phone!”

That set Gerard off. He jumped up from the sofa bed and ran to his room most likely to find his cell. I was proven right when he walked back in dialling a number then quickly pressing it to his ear. After a while he pulled it away to press the green dial button, then put it to his ear again, giving me a sheepish smile I just rolled my eyes in response.

Ray and Bob were still talking to each other, oblivious to Naomi’s nerves and Gerard’s anxious dialling, so I couldn’t hear the ringing noises that must have been coming through the cell. I defiantly didn’t hear when Frank answered but I still knew since Gee’s face relaxed and he smiled before replying.

“Frank! Where the hell are you?”