Status: This story is goin on holiday untill real life stops being annoying >.>

You Make My Heart Do Funny Things

6th

Frank’s POV

What the hell am I going to tell them all?

After listening to all the voicemails and then talking to Gerard on the phone, I decided to come home to a apartment full of people who are going to instantly know something is wrong and a extremely pissed off girlfriend.

It’s not exactly what I was hoping for after leaving the hospital.

Right now I’m in the lift heading for the 4th floor and room 29b. I’ve already decided that I wasn’t going to tell anybody anything, but my problem now is how I am going to hide it from everyone.

The highly annoying ding from the lift told me I had reached my floor and the doors slowly opened up to show me the dark and empty corridor. My apartment is right at the bottom and it has never taken me this long ever just to get to my door. Once I finally reached it, I simply stood staring at the shiny bronze numbers and letter. I was fumbling with my keys and wondering if now was the right time to come home. I might just burst into tears the moment I see all my friends in one room. Of course, if I did that, they would instantly want to know what’s wrong and wouldn’t rest until I had told them all. I don’t want to be the reason they stop laughing and having fun. Even from out here I could here the sounds of happy voices and laughter (probably alcohol induced if Bob and Ray had actually brought the beer).

I didn’t want to ruin their happiness. But I still unlocked the door and walked in.

The second I shut the door behind me the laughter from the next room stopped. I could actually sense the beings in the next room strain their ears to listen closely to me.

I act the same. I take off my jacket and shake off my shoes before heading into the living room and grinning at everybody there, while hoping to god that my eyes were no long red and swollen from earlier.

“Hey guys! How’s the orgy?” I ask while heading over to the kitchen, intending to make myself a coffee.

As I passed Ray I stuck my hands into the mess he calls hair and ruffled it up, like I always used to, creating knots and pissing him off immensely.

“Frank you asshole!” he shouted jumping up from his place on the sofa next to Mikey and chased me before tackling me to ground just before I got to the kitchen.

“Ow Ray! Get off me you fat lard!” I scream while forcing it into a joke and giggled. He had knocked my chest on the way down and it was now hurting like a bitch.

He did get off me but instead of leaving me alone he picked me up and carried me over to sofa before dropping me onto it, face first, and then sitting on me. Thank god he had sat on my bottom instead of a little higher. I struggled underneath him but soon gave up and instead I waved at Bob in a greeting.

“Is that Frank?” I heard Naomi say as I’m guessing she walked in from the kitchen. I couldn’t see because of Ray sitting on me.

“Hello Mimi!” I said, raising my hand to show her where I was since Ray had started another conversation with Bob, Gee and Mikey and it didn’t look like they were going to answer her.

“Where the hell have you been?” she asked walking into my line of vision and kneeling next to the sofa near my head.

“Just been out.” I said in the most nonchalant voice I could do with Ray slowly sliding onto my stomach “Ray will you please get the hell off me!”

The only response I got from him was him wiggling his bottom into the small of my back. I groaned in pain and attempted to hit him, he slapped me round the head in response.

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?” Naomi continued asking, ignoring everybody else laughing at my discomfort.

“It was on vibrate and I didn’t feel it going off! Listen Mimi, I know you’re just worried but I’m not really in the mood to be put through questioning right now! Ray get off!

“Ray, get off him man.” Gerard finally said.

I couldn’t see but I could tell that Ray pouted before sliding off me and sat next to me instead. I sat up properly and got comfortable just in time to catch the beer that Mikey had thrown my way. Unfortunately I didn’t notice the bottle opener flying through the air moments after the bottle.

“Ow!” I groaned as is hit me between the eyes and fell to the floor.

Naomi was no longer kneeling next to the sofa, but was instead standing near the doorway leading to her and Gerard’s rooms. I didn’t face her properly (I was pretending to be listening to something Bob was talking about) but I knew she was staring at me and the uneasy feeling in my stomach told me that I hadn’t fooled her for a moment.

She knew I had a secret, and she’s determined to get it from me.

Apart from that, I think I’ve done a good job at fooling everybody else!