Status: Okay I think I got all the spelling/grammar errors but if you somehow see more let me know!

Nightmares, Dreams and Pumpkin Patches

Nightmares, Dreams and Pumpkin Patches

I ran, I ran as fast as I could. But he kept catching up to me. His death pale skin glowing in the moon light, and his razor-sharp fangs at the ready. My lungs began to burn, I couldn’t keep running forever. He was so close; I could feel his cold breath on my neck.
He reached out to grab me and I tried to run faster. I tripped over a pumpkin vine and he closed in on me. I felt his fangs scrape ageist my neck. It was all over for me.


I woke with a start.
“Why do I keep having these nightmares?” I asked my self. “I guess it’s just the Halloween air.”

Ring, ring, ring.
I jumped as I heard the phone ring.

“Hello?” I said sleepily.

“Hi Alisa!”

“Oh hi Samantha!”

“Are you exited for the costume party this Friday?”

“Oh the party….yeah, really excited.” I said trying my best to sound enthusiastic about it.

“Great! What are you going to dress up as?”

“Oh, um…it’s a surprise!” I said twiddling my fingers in the phone cord.

“Oh, okay. Cool! I’m going as a fairy princess!”

“Didn’t you go as that last year?”

“Yeah.”

“And the year before that?”

“Yeah.”

“And just about every year?”

“No, I dressed up as a pumpkin one year!”

“You were six months old! You really didn’t have a choice.” I said, rolling my eyes. (though I knew she couldn’t see over the phone.)

“And your point is?”

“That you’re not very creative with your costumes.”

“Like you’re any better? You always go with the lame ones, like ‘I put a sheet over my head and now I’m a ghost!’”

“I’m not that bad!”

“Yes you are!”

“No I’m not! And to prove it I’m going to give you a costume that will knock your socks off!”

“Well good luck trying.”

“Well I’ll talk to you later, I’ve got to go work on my costume.”

“’Okay, bye!”

I hung up the phone and went over to my bed.

“How am I ever going to get a ‘knock your socks off’ costume in three days?!” I asked myself. “I don’t know any thing about costumes!” I started pacing.

I looked in my piggy bank. “And flat out broke, too!”

After who knows how long I looked at the clock “7:30am!? I’m going to be late!”
I rushed and put on a fuzzy orange sweater, a pair of black tights, a black skirt with little ghosts all over it and a pair of black flats with little pumpkins all over them.

“Well I may not know much about costumes, but I definitely know how to put together an outfit with cheap seasonal cloths!” I said to myself.

I combed through my hair quickly and put it up in a pony tale. Then grabbed a granola bar and ran out the door.

***************************************That night******************************************
“You smell mighty tasty. I wonder if you taste as good as you smell.” he breathed in my ear.

‘Pleas don’t kill me!’ I tried to say but no words would come.

“Don’t worry angel; it will all be over soon.”


I woke up screaming.

“Stop that!” I yelled at my dreams.
Now I know I’m crazy when I start yelling at my dreams. I looked at my clock. 3:02am.

I closed my eyes but I was too afraid to go back to sleep. I finally did fall asleep but thankfully no more nightmares tonight.

*************************************The next day******************************************

“So do you have that ‘knock your socks off’ costume yet?” Samantha asked me when I got to school.

“Yup, and it’s going to be the best one at the party!” I said, hoping she couldn’t hear the lying in my voice.

“Well, good; because girl, your time is running out!”

I went through the whole day wondering what I’d be. It had to be something no one else would dress as.
I barely paid attention in any class, and in gym I got hit in the head four times with volleyball before I got sent to the school nurse.

***************************************That night******************************************
“It’s almost time, angel.” he said in a sing-song voice.
‘Almost time for what?’ I tried to say, but again no words came.

“Almost time for us to see each other; face to face.” he said lightly.


Before I could ‘ask’ him what he meant I woke up.

*************************************The next day******************************************
“Okay, tomorrow’s Halloween and I still don’t have any costume! Let alone a ‘knock your socks off’ one!” I almost yelled at myself.

The day was pretty uneventful, I kept trying to seem like I had the whole costume thing down. But unfortunately I don’t think I was very convincing.

That evening I didn’t have much to eat. When my mom asked me what was wrong I just said I had a lot on my mind.
And for the most part that was true, I had the costume and I had those dreams. Those dreams that just wouldn’t leave me alone! I lay awake in bed that night for what seemed like forever until sleep finally took over.

***************************************That night******************************************
‘What do you mean that it’s almost time to see each other?’ I asked but still no words came.

“Oh it will be a lot sooner then you think princess.” he said, and I could feel his ice cold breath on the back of my neck.

‘How soon?’ I tried to say.

He just simply chuckled.


*************************************The next day******************************************
“Halloween day?!” I yelled as I looked at my calendar. “Well I guess I’ll have to face Samantha and admit that I really do suck at costumes.” I groaned. “Well at least I can go get some pumpkins and make a Jack o’ lantern be for the party.” I said trying to raise my spirits some.

I got on a coat and some old sneakers and headed out to the pumpkin patch down the street. It was cold outside and the winds blow the leaves around, this was my favorite part of fall.

I got to the pumpkin patch and started looking for the perfect pumpkin. After about ten minutes of searching I thought I’d found what I was looking for then I herd it, that chuckle, I know I’d hear it before.
But when?

I decide I’d just grab the pumpkin and run home. But before I could I tripped over a pumpkin vine. Why does this all seem so… so… familiar?

I decided to try not to think about it.

Until I felt something cold on the back of my neck. Not like wind, no not that strong, just like someone was… breathing.

I got up and started running, not looking back. It felt so much like someone was watching me. I just had to get out of there.

Suddenly I heard it, the thing that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up so much it almost jumped off.

“It’s time princess.” I heard.

It’s him, the one from my nightmares, he was here.

“Please go away!” I said out loud, now I know it’s not a dream anymore.

“Ah, what kind of welcome is that?” he said.

I could feel him getting closer. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe; all I could do was wait for him to come for me.

I saw something move in the hedge right across from me. I braced my self for the worst.
But instead of the horrible creature I had seen in my dreams there was most likely the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on. And instead of that horrible icy voice he had an incredibly smooth voice like silk when he spoke.

“Hello, are you alright? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.”

It was still hard to move but I was able to muster out some words. “Um, something like that.”

“Here it’s getting dark, let me take you home.” He said kindly.

“O-Okay,” I said trying to keep my voice even.

“Alright, let’s go,” he said.

He gently took my hand in his. I noticed it was much colder then I had expected.

I didn’t realize till we where about a block from my house that we where going in the right duration without me even having to tell him where to go, and stranger yet, he stopped right in front of my house.

“Um…” I tried to say.

“What, isn’t this the right house?” he said coolly.

“Um, yeah, it is.” I said trying my best not to sound to alarmed.

“Well we best get you inside then.” he said.

I know that it’s really dumb but I guess, he’s just so cute.

“Uh, um… do you want to come in?” I asked sheepishly.

Oh, great!

“Yeah, that would be nice.”

“Okay, um, I’ll make us some hot cocoa.” I said trying to sound casual.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

“Sounds great, got any marshmallows?” he asked.

“Um, I think so.” I said looking through the cluttered pantry.

I found the marshmallows and put some water on to boil.

“You want mint or regular cocoa?” I called to him from the kitchen.
I just then realized that I was being so calm about all this and I didn’t even know his name.

“Mint sounds good!” he called from the other room.

“Okay, and um by the way. What’s your name?”

“It’s Alexander,” he chuckled. “What about you?”

“Alisa,” I said.

“’Alisa’ I like it.”

I blushed bright red. Thank god I was in the other room.

After the water was hot I pored it in to two mugs and added the cocoa mix and marshmallows and went to join him in the other room.

I looked at the TV and he was watching Dracula one of my favorite scary movies.

“Oh I love this movie!” I said as I sat on the couch beside him.

“Me too.” he said warmly. “The only thing that bugs me is that he makes it so obvious that he’s a vampire and everyone is to dumb to realize it till it’s too late.” He said about half way through the movie.

“Well that’s what makes it fun; yelling at the TV because everyone in it is so dumb!” I said.

“You know, real vampires are much better at disguises.” He whispered in my ear.

At first I thought nothing of it, but later I realized that there might be a point behind what he said.

“Um do you want some more cocoa?” I asked. I just really wanted to get out of the room.

“Sure, that’d be great.” he said with a big smile.

I ran in to the kitchen trying not to seem too eager to get away. I leaned up against the counter top trying to control my breathing.

“Could he really be the vampire?” I asked myself under my breath. “No, no, he can’t be.” I tried to reassure myself.

My heart was still racing, I tried to concentrate on making more cocoa but I just couldn’t ignore it. Then I heard it, I heard him chuckle from the other room: The same one from my dreams. I tried to control my breathing, and I hoped that he couldn’t hear me.

“Are you almost done with the cocoa?” He asked.

“Uh yup, almost!” I called trying to keep my voice steady.

“Great!” he yelled.

“This is just great, I’ve got a vampire in my house and if he’s anything like he was in my dreams he’s planning to kill me.” I whispered to myself under my breath.

I soon reluctantly came out with the fresh batch of cocoa. I handed him the cup, hoping my hand wasn’t shaking too much.

“Thanks,” he said smiling warmly.

How could he be an evil vampire, he seemed so sweet. But I still couldn’t let my guard down; he still might be the monster. I was still trying my best to calm down. I sat on the other side of the couch hoping it wasn’t too obvious.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

“Uh no, nothing.” I said hoping he wasn’t paying attention to my nervousness.

“Why do you suddenly seem so nervous?” he asked.

Okay, he noticed.

“Is something bothering you?” he asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

This immediately sent goose bumps down my back.

“Um, no…nothing’s bothering me.” I said with a lump in my throat.

“Are you sure?” he said leaning in closer.

“Yeah... absolutely!” I said trying to scrunch away from him more.

“Well in that case.” He said leaning in.
It almost looked like he wanted to kiss me.

Kiss me?! No way am I going to kiss some creepy vampire guy!

I was desperate I ‘accidentally’ spilled my cocoa on his lap, (and half of mine too.)

“Oh, I’m so sorry, let me go get a rag and clean that up!” I said as convincingly as possible. I ran in to the kitchen. “Oh, God I’m glad to be out of there!” I said to my self under my breath, hoping his supper vampire ears couldn’t hear.

I looked for the towels as slowly as I could.

“Are you okay in there?” he called from the other room.

“Yeah, fine…just fine!” I called.

“Okay, come back soon angel!”

Shit! Now I know without a doubt, he is the vampire from my dream.

“Yeah, okay.” I said trying to sound somewhat enthusiastic.

I started plotting escape roots, window, and back door.

“Here just let me come in and help you.” He called.

“No, no, I can handle it!”

“No, it’s okay.” he said now in the room.

He started coming closer, he leaned in again. No, no I will not let him kiss me!

“Really, I can handle it.” I said trying to slide away.

“Well if you don’t want my help cleaning up, maybe I can help you some other way.” he said winking at me.

This is bad; this is very, very bad!

He started coming closer to me, wrapping his arms around me. He started coming closer and closer until his lips met mine.

I wanted to scream and run away, but I couldn’t. I know it’s really crazy but after a short time I found that I kind of liked it, I even started kissing back.

Well maybe he wasn’t totally evil.

I finally snapped out of it.

“Um, so ya, better get that cocoa cleaned up.” I said running out of the room.

“God why did I just do that!?” I asked myself under my breath.

“Alisa?” he said running in to the room. “Alisa, did I do something wrong?”

Did he do something wrong?! He fucking kissed me and I haven’t even known him a day! Not to mention the fact that he’s a crazed murderous vampire!

“No, no just, my breath must smell terrible, I mean I haven’t brushed my teeth all day so, um, just let me go do that. “

I ran upstairs to the bath room and started brushing my teeth. Even if I don’t have bad breath, I really want to get this vampire spit out of my mouth.

After I was done I decided it would be too dangerous to go back downstairs so I silently opened the small bath room window and slid out.

“Okay well he ran me out of my house but hey I guess I’d have to leave anyway for the party.” I said to myself. “Wait…party!”
I can’t believe I had forgotten! Well you know I think having over a creepy vampire for hot cocoa is a good excuse for being late.

I still don’t have a costume though. And thanks to the makeshift escape I didn’t have any shoes ether.

“Well hasn’t this been a fun day! I get stalked, kissed, and run out of my house by my vampire worst nightmare(literally)have to go to a party with no costume and no shoes, and in this state I most likely look like a little homeless girl; and crazy too with all this rambling!” I yelled to myself.

So I start walking, it was cold out and my teeth where chattering, my fingers and toes where numb and I had no time to get a coat when I ran out.

I had only made it about half way there (it was about two miles from my house.) and believe me, if I wasn’t so cold I could easily get there. But instead I was cold, so cold that it was getting hared to walk I couldn’t find a bench to sit on so I just decided to sit down on the side of the rode.

“Great, now I’ll look even more like a poor little homeless girl!” I yelled at myself.

Then, it started to rain.

“Can my night get any worse?” I yelled. “Well at least that’s one explanation for the amazing lack of trick-or-treaters.”

Suddenly I saw car head lights coming towards me. It pulled up beside me.

“Hey need a ride?” It was him.

“Um maybe, how did you find me?”

Because he’s a vampire stalker!

“When you didn’t come back from the bath room I came looking for you.” he said. “So do you need a ride?” he asked again.

I really hated him, but I was desperate.

“Um, ok.” I said reluctantly.

He opened the car door for me and I cautiously got in.

“So where are you going?” he asked.

“Um just some silly costume party.” I said. “But really I shouldn’t bother going at all considering I don’t have any costume to speak of.”

“Well maybe it’s not to late.” he said with a smile. “I mean the costume store’s still open. I could probably throw something together for you.”

“Really?” I asked hopefully.

“Yeah no problem we can go there first and then get you to the party.” he said happily.

Well maybe my dream vision was wrong, maybe he really is good. I still didn’t say much on the way there. I mean even if he is good he could still be a vampire and that made me all the more nervous. We got to the costume store at about 5:25pm witch meant I had about an hour until the party started. Plenty of time to make up a ‘knock your socks off’ costume! Right?

I started looking though the racks of costumes and noticed that he was staring at me. Not in a bad way but in a way when you like someone. He saw that I had noticed and turned away, I smiled faintly.

Can he really like me? Do I really like him? Is this thing some kind of cruel joke and he’s going to turn in to a puff of smoke and disappear? Or is he really an evil vampire and is planning to kill me?

My head was starting to hurt, I was barely paying attention to the costumes and apparently had been staring at a set of cat ears for about five minutes because he came over and asked if that’s what I wanted to be.

“No, I just think they’re really funny looking.” I said trying not to sound as stupid as I felt.

“Well ok, tell me if you find anything you want.” He called.

‘I want you!’ I wanted to say. What’s wrong with me? Weather or not he’s evil I can’t be in love! Can I?

I looked for about a half-an-hour until I found A vampire huntress costume.
‘Perfect!’ I thought.

“Hey Alexander; I found what I want!”

“Oh that’s…awesome!” he said. He sounded happy but I could tell he was somehow feeling nervous.

“Do you not like it?” I asked.

“Oh love it; it’ll be best costume at the party!”

“Thanks! I’m going to go pay for it.”

“No, it’s okay, I’ll pay.” he said sweetly.

I smiled, he’s so sweet! I can’t believe how I ever thought he was evil.

After we, or rather he bought the costume we went back to the car.

“Do you have a costume?” I asked him as we got in the car.

“Oh uh Okay, in the back of the truck.”

“Cool! What is it?” I asked.

“It’s a surprise!” he said.

‘Funny’ I thought. ‘That’s the same thing I said.’

We got to the party five minutes early, just enough time to change. When I got done I noticed he wasn’t in costume yet.

“Why haven’t you changed yet?” I asked.

“Oh well just a couple more minutes, it looks better in the dark.” he told me.

Of course I simply though that it was glow-in-the-dark or something.
“Just go ahead inside and I’ll be in, in a minute.” he said.

“Okay!” I said as I ran inside.

“Hi Alisa!” Samantha called.

“Hi Samantha!” I said.

“So this is your ‘knock your socks off’ costume?” she asked.

“Um, yup,” I said.

“Well I’ll admit it is better then last year but still not quite ‘knock your socks off.’”

“Well we’ll see when to costume contest starts!”

“Ok, see you later!” she said as she went over to the punch bowl.

I sat over by the snack table waiting for him to come in. Suddenly I heard many people ‘ooing’ and ‘ahhing‘.
I looked over to see what they where all looking at.

It was him, ‘Now that’s a ‘knock your socks off’ costume!’ I thought.

He was wearing a long leather trench cote, a blood red shirt and leather pants. His hair was made bleach blond and combed back slick. Then I saw it, the finishing touch, a set of big sharp vampire fangs.

He’s a hot vampire gangster!

“Wow he looks amazing!” I said as Samantha came over to me.

“Do you know him?” she asked.

“Ya he drove me here.” I said happily.

“OMG you are so lucky!” she squealed.

“Samantha, we’re not texting, you can use real words.” I said annoyed.

I went over to him.

“Don’t make me stake you!” I said jokingly.

“Not if I bite you first!” he said as he kissed me lightly on the cheek.

I giggled--and probably blushed too--as I followed him over to the seating area. I then plopped down on the couch next to him.

“So how long have you two known each other?” Samantha whispered over at me.

“Since this morning,” I said.

“Wow he sure comes on fast!” she whispered back.

I giggled, “Yeah he kinda does.” I whispered as much to myself as I did Samantha.

As the night went on everyone still kept saying how cool he was and how I knew him. When it finally came time for the costume contest Samantha won as “Best fairy tale costume,” for “grossest costume” was someone dressed as a decapitated dung betel, and for “best group costume of two or more” was us! The vampire and the slayer!

“Do you want something to drink?” I asked him after the judging.

“Okay just no more hot cocoa!” he said.

I went over to the punch boll and got us two glasses.

“You know that’s what I like about Halloween.” I said to myself as I looked at the label on the boll. ‘Blood Punch’ well got to make sure to have drinks for the vampires.

“Hey, Angel.” he said as I walked up.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Oh I was just talking to your friend Samantha here.” he said.

I could see that she was enjoying every minute of it. And was that drool coming out of her mouth?

“I got ‘Blood Punch’ for the vampire!” I teased.

“Why thank you.” he said.

I just stood there, next to him. I just never wanted this day to end.

“You want to go sit down?” he asked.

I smiled, “Okay.”

After talking for awhile I started to get tired to he offered to take me home. And well considering he’s the one with the car he better offer!

I think I fell asleep on the way there because before I knew it I was home in bed. He was gone but there was a note on the pillow:

Dear Alisa,
I had a great time tonight and I’m sorry I have to leave but hope that one day we may see each other again. I want you to know that you’ll always be my angel.

~Love Alexander


He’s gone!? I can’t believe I fell asleep! I didn’t even get to say good bye. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

******************************One Week Later**********************************************
I had finally decided to accept that I was never going to see him again.
But there was one good thing; I hadn’t had any more nightmares.
***************************************That night******************************************
“I love you Alisa!”

“I love you too!”

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Um ya I admittedly did not realized until just now that the nightmare guy was calling her "princess" and Alex was calling her "angel" *slaps self on head* I seriously thought they where calling her the same thing! God I'm stupid! Okay I have changed it now so that part at least will make a hell of a lot more sense!

God I need to proof read more!