Feel of the Flesh

Chapter One

Innya Bannatyne sat in the shade of an old oak tree, watching her smaller brothers roll like pups in the freshly mowed heather. The wind whipped suddenly, causing her long, wavy brown hair to dance in the breeze. She tucked it behind her ear, and looked out at her brothers again. They were rolling in the grass clippings, tussling and giggling with each other. Sighing, Innya reminisced on the days when she and her older brother would play fight in the fields together.

“You’re a baby, Brendon! Nah-nah! You can’t get me!”

Four year-old Louis pounced on unsuspecting toddler Brendon, who responded with an indignant howl, and turned, Bob The Builder pull-up sagging, jumping on Louis.

"You be careful, hear? Don't tear his ear off, Louis!" she called to them, a maternal smile spreading across her face. She looked down at her book, getting lost again in the story of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, and stayed in England with the Bennets until she smelled the strong, signature musk of Rhys Browning.

Her Rhys. He walked across the field, his long black hair hanging limply on his shoulders. His dark, deep brown eyes danced as he looked at her, and she grinned widely at him.

"How are you, sweet?" he questioned, nuzzling his rough, stubbly cheek on hers.

"I'm good. Trying to keep those two from killing each other. Hang on a second, sorry. You two, stop! You're going to get hurt!"

"Oh, let them be pups, Inny. They won't get hurt. Remember when we used to roll around like that?"

Rhys wrapped his long, hot arm across her shoulder, and she settled into it's warmth.

"Yes. I do. I wish it was that easy again, Rhys. I really do."

"So do I, babe," he said, kissing her forehead. Rhys looked down into her ocean eyes, and his heart jumped.

"It'll get better. Just wait until I'm Alpha. Then we'll be properly mated, and you'll be lead bitch, and your parents will be so proud."

Innya laughed.

"You just worry about fighting Claus, first. I don't want to have to be nursing a Beta back to health," she joked, poking him in the side.

"I'll beat him. Don't even think about me being Beta. My Father would kill me."

Rhys' face turned dark, and Innya caressed his cheek.

"I didn't mean it like that, love. Rest easy. You'll be Alpha."

And she was sure of it. Her future was set in stone. She would mate with Rhys, raise a good family of sturdy pups, and carry on life as the lead bitch.

Her life was already planned out, and she liked it that way.

Didn’t she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Re-Edited version.

:D