Give Me A Reason To Believe

They Don't Need to Know

Gerard's P.O.V.

I wasn't really fine.

But it wasn't the blood or the bruises that hurt. It was seeing Baylie's scared face. I just met her, and I didn't want her to see me like this. But.. she would have to see this part of my life sometime.

With Baylie's arm around me, we walked outside into the pouring rain. Aw, I love the rain. It makes feeling go away.
But not my feelings for her.

I looked over at her, and she looked back at me. It seemed like time stopped when she smiled.

It was silent almost the entire way home. I could tell no one wanted to talk about it, and the truth was, I didn't either. And I didn't want to have Baylie found out all of this. At least not now.
But right when we turned onto my street corner, Mikey brought it up.

"Gee, I'm so...so sorry. I mean, if I hadn't------" I had to stop him.

"Mikey, it's ok. Really. I don't wanna talk about it....Better me than you anyway." I didn't have to say that last part, but it was true.
And it got Frankie pissed.

"HOW COULD YOU FUCKING SAY THAT GERARD??!! YOU GET TREATED LIKE SHIT, AND YOU DON'T DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT--"

"Well what do you want me to do about it Frankie?!!!!!!" I felt the tears begin to sting my eyes.

"I.. I just don't wanna see you get hurt Gee....especially after-"

I suddenly realized that Baylie was still right next to me. And so did Frankie.

"Oh..Sorry Baylie. You shouldnt have to see us fight like this.." Frankie tried to smile at her when he said this, but his eyes were too wet to let him.

"No..it's ok. I'm.. I'm kinda used to the fighting thing." She didn't look at any of us, but I could tell she was blushing and struggling with a smile.
She was hiding something in that smile, but I just couldn't figure it out.

...............

"Well, here's my giant hell of a home."

Baylie's P.O.V.

We got to Gerard's house.
It was big and awkward-shaped. I liked it. I didn't realize it before, but this was the house I would stare at while I was sitting under my tree.

"And that's your house Baylie?" Ray said, as he pointed to the hideous building.

It was a murky shade of maroon red, with a skinny gray roof.
Depressing and yuck.

"Yup, that's the torture chamber."

"Wicked." said Frankie with that dorky smile of his.

"Come on guys. I'm as hungry as an anorexic monkey on crack." Complained Mikey.

"Mikey, you look like an anorexic monkey." Frankie said.

As we started walking towards the front door, I couldn't help but think about Frankie and Gerard's loud conversation.Frankie was right.
When you get treated like shit, you should do something about it.
Ha. Like I should be the one saying that.

I was terrified to be going into Gerard's house. I was terrified of Gerard.
The fact that I had a friend was still new to me.

Frankie automatically barged into the house as soon as Gerard opened the door.
My weak and timid feet wouldn't leave the damp concrete. I looked up at Gerard.

"Come on." The way he said it made everything disappear.